News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowend Lover

Xaoz, you are quite correct. Finale Notepad is horrible! I cannot change clefs which is essential for one of the pieces I've transcribed. Also, for a different piece I completed the actual notation but I cannot get those stupid pno. abbreviations removed or get the quarter note symbol inserted for the tempo marking. I even followed the directions on the Finale website's help section but to no avail!

So, can anyone give me a ballpark estimate on the cheapest version of finale that will allow me to get my transcriptions up to site standards? I am not paying $650 unless:
A. There are copious amounts of sexual favors involved.
or
B. I get to choose a day when all the major symphony orchestras in the world perform Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No.3. They all have to use authentic harpsichords, all the double bassists have to play with the German bow cuz reasons, the conductors have to state that Bach is the greatest architect of music of all time, and finally, at the end of the performance there has to be a moment of silence where the harpsichordist farts loud enough for the audience to hear.

Mariolegofan, I might just have to take you up on your offer if it still stands.

Sebastian

FierceDeity

Quote from: Lowend Lover on January 24, 2015, 02:29:13 PMI am not paying $650 unless:
A. There are copious amounts of sexual favors involved.

I like you already

Lowend Lover

Thanks for the links Maelstrom! At the very latest I'll upgrade after I get my taxes done haha.

And thanks FierceDeity. It's nice to know that at least one person was not offended by that comment.  ;D

Xaoz

Quote from: Lowend Lover on January 25, 2015, 11:46:36 AMIt's nice to know that at least one person was not offended by that comment.  ;D

Wait a few weeks... Then you will be very careful about making comments about anything that could possibly offend anyone!

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

King Sammer

I'm trying to create a song with two pianos following the rules, but I can't do it. My program, Finale Notepad 2012 can't bold the composer part or shrink the text. How do I do it? Please give me a template! I'm a new user who can't do anything except ask.
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Maelstrom

It's in this thread

Btw, notepad CAN do that.
Select text tool. (The big A) Click on the small box above the text you want to format.
Then, from the bar on the top, Text>Style>Bold/Italicised.

edit: Did not see the "Two Pianos" part
You want this thread for that.

Bespinben

I would also recommend, in addition to the two links Maelstrom gave, to create an index of people's arrangements that have different formats. For example, if you wanted to work in landscape instead of portrait in Notepad, you can just import someone else's arrangement that is formatted like that into your program. But, you'd have to find it first. So if you create a list you can use for templates, that would help you be more self-sufficient rather than always asking for templates. Fortunately, I know fingerz has made quite a few duet arrangements, as well as myself. This method could really be used for almost anything that Notepad can't produce, like repeat signs, ottava (e.g. 8va/8vb), page sizing -- the works!

Also, seriously, I'm very pleased that you've started trying to do some real arranging. Keep it up.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

King Sammer

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:24:44 PMI would also recommend, in addition to the two links Maelstrom gave, to create an index of people's arrangements that have different formats. For example, if you wanted to work in landscape instead of portrait in Notepad, you can just import someone else's arrangement that is formatted like that into your program. But, you'd have to find it first. So if you create a list you can use for templates, that would help you be more self-sufficient rather than always asking for templates. Fortunately, I know fingerz has made quite a few duet arrangements, as well as myself. This method could really be used for almost anything that Notepad can't produce, like repeat signs, ottava (e.g. 8va/8vb), page sizing -- the works!

Also, seriously, I'm very pleased that you've started trying to do some real arranging. Keep it up.
Thank you! Now I've got to make some arrangements!
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

King Sammer

How much is an octave? I'm arranging Flint Cragley, Cragtrotter and the beginning is high-pitched. I'm having trouble with the part that has high-pitched notes and I can't lower it and put a 8vb in it!!! Help! Help me...help...  :'(

Maelstrom

8 notes
(select a note and push Shift+Up/Down to move a note up or down an octave

King Sammer

...And now I can't stop the 8va- It's making ALL the notes higher! I don't know how to put that broken line above my notes that I want! Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Maelstrom

You need to end it. Or buy finale.
Or just ask someone to fix it when you are done.

King Sammer

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 11, 2015, 05:17:18 PMYou need to end it. Or buy finale.
Or just ask someone to fix it when you are done.
Maelstrom, I DO have Finale 2012. I don't know how to create that broken line.