News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 12, 2015, 08:14:17 PMProbably eventually. Not sure, really. There doesn't seem to be a need for it at the moment. Maybe if they become more useful we'll start requiring them.
Ok

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 12, 2015, 08:14:17 PMThere are no musx files on the site. Any files accepted stay in the database, but currently aren't hosted on the site.
I was wondering cause I didn't see any on the site.

Maelstrom

We really need to put links to the what should your sheet look like when people submit arrangements, or at least some sort of thing when they do it for the first time.

Sebastian

Yugi

Yo, if a song has lyrics, should I include them in a separate instrument (a vocal line) or try and put it into the piano?

And if its the latter, what if the song is rap and has literally no pitch?

AwesomeYears

Put in on top of the treble stave (example: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2483)

I suppose you could put the rap words and beats in a separate stave.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Yugi on September 03, 2015, 11:41:56 PMYo, if a song has lyrics, should I include them in a separate instrument (a vocal line) or try and put it into the piano?

And if its the latter, what if the song is rap and has literally no pitch?

I think it's easier if you show us the song your trying to arrange, so we can give a good answer. It's a bit difficult to answer to your question as it is now. Personally I don't think it's such a smart idea to transcribe rap vocals, I think it would only sound weird on piano. But it might depend on the case.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

InsigTurtle

Yeah, I wouldn't do it on piano. I'd do a separate vocal staff using ghost notes, since just having the lyrics wouldn't really give any hints to the rhythm. This would also allow you to notate the occasional pitched vocal part, too.

WandringMinstrel

Under the "NSM Panel", I have two submissions from Shin Onigashima in (the max at one time, as I understand).  One was accepted last week, the other hasn't been, but hopefully should be soon since I recently made the updates requested by the mods.

My question is mainly about the timeframe: how long does the submission/acceptance process usually take, and when will I be able to submit more sheets?

Sorry if these questions are redundant, I'm new to the forums and still figuring things out. I appreciate the help!
Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0

Tobbeh99

How long: very different. Some just takes a few days, while other stay for month.Ddepends how much there is to be done in the arrangement, some needs a lot of editing while others are almost good to go, and also how complex the song is.

"when will I be able to submit more sheets?": When your sheet has been uploaded to the main site in an update. Since one of your sheet has been accepted it will be uploaded in the next update. When the update happens is unclear but we try to make 1 update/month. But since we got some other fixing projects, performance update and also school start, the process is a bit slow at the moment.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WandringMinstrel

Has anyone done the Famicom Disk System startup theme yet? I don't see it on the site anywhere.

Followup question: For songs from hardware, do we need to add "BIOS" to the end of the system name? ("Famicom Disk System BIOS" vs. just "Famicom Disk System"). I noticed someone did that for the GameCube jingle and was wondering if that was standard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0lcrv2sv9kz8rd/FamicomDiskSystemNSM.pdf?dl=0

Brawler4Ever

These would be good questions for Don, since he arranged the GameCube Intro anyway. You might want to send him a pm; I'm not sure how often he would look here. :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

WandringMinstrel

Oops, accidentally posted in the "In Progress" thread instead of this one. Looks like it got sorted out anyway. I think Olimar12345 was the one who caught that, thanks.
And I talked to Don, he says adding BIOS is a good idea. Thanks for the lead.

Tobbeh99

Mlf brought up an intressting question in another thread so I though this might be the place for it:
Quote from: mariolegofan on September 19, 2015, 09:04:06 AMI didn't know where to post this, but Deku has some great arrangements on his page still. Could we get some of those submitted/on site?
There are 2 in particular: The Story Begins (replacement) from Super Mario Galaxy & Koopa Cape (replacement) from Mario Kart Wii.

This raises an interesting question: What do we do with those arrangers who'd arranged a lot of songs but after a while left? I seems like a waste to just ignore the songs they have on their arrangement thread especially if they are well-made and ready-to-go. But who'd submit those sheet?
Should we implement some auto-submit system for them, so they'll automatically submit 2 arrangements, and have people here take care of the small fixing that may be needed?
Obviously I'm only thinking about the arrangements that are in great quality that only needs minor fixing, not arrangements with lot's of errors, that would take to much effort.   

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

History answers most of this question.

What did NSM do with my arrangements during my 2-year hiatus? Well, I had spitllama submit them for me in my absence:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4966.msg176629#msg176629

How did he know which to submit? Well, I made a list:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4781.msg172341#msg172341

The difference with Deku's stuff is that we don't know if he wants his stuff submitted. This is a non-issue however, because a quick Skype PM can uncover his mind on the matter. As for which of his arrangements to submit, remember, only the items on MY list that were already NSM standard went through (my Primal Dialga solo never got on site, for example). Same would be true fo Deku's stuff.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on September 19, 2015, 09:46:39 AMThe difference with Deku's stuff is that we don't know if he wants his stuff submitted. This is a non-issue however, because a quick Skype PM can uncover his mind on the matter. As for which of his arrangements to submit, remember, only the items on MY list that were already NSM standard went through (my Primal Dialga solo never got on site, for example). Same would be true fo Deku's stuff.
I don't know why Deku wouldn't want his stuff on.....he has 300+ arrangements on site. I wouldn't know why he wouldn't want the others on. Could you ask him, Bespinben?