Composer #40 wrote another fugue

Started by Composer #40, November 24, 2010, 11:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Composer #40

Composer #40's works he thinks is ready

Fugue for Wind Quintet.pdf
Fugue for Wind Quintet.mp3

Gohdan - Cannoner of the Gods.pdf ("neutral instrument" copy)
Gohdan - Cannoner of the Gods.mp3 ("neutral instrument" copy)
Gohdan - Cannoner of the Gods.pdf (wind instruments copy)
Gohdan - Cannoner of the Gods.mp3 (wind instruments copy)
Gohdan - Cannoner of the Gods.docx (Program Notes)

March of Ganon's Army.pdf
March of Ganon's Army.mp3
March of Ganon's Army.docx (Program Notes)

It is my first attempt at writing a fugue and my professor says it is very successful. Before anyone starts, a fugue is normally in four voices (in theory terms: SATB). I attempted a six-voice fugue in an attempt to use maximum ranges from piccolo all the way down to contrabass. The major problem for this piece is organizing an instrument combination outside of my "neutral instrument" approach to writing this piece. I attempted Wind Ensemble, String Ensemble (needs editing), and I'm now attempting Wind Symphony. Listen to the piece first, then suggest combinations.  

All the pieces I have here are being proofread. Therefore, They're all finished and just need to be reader-friendly. If you want MUS files, PM me.

It happens Every. Day!

pumpy_heart

Another Composition major? Awesome.
I like the idea of a pulse supported vocally at the beginning of the piece. Maybe not accents, but stresses on the down beat, possibly on the 3rd beat as well. The part where the choir rests for a bit, then goes note, then down by half step could work really well accented. I really like the ending. Keep it like that. Keeps the piece with a variety of texture in the choral part.
As far as lyrics go... Not a real good lyricist. But I can give my hand at it when you upload the sheet.
Was a pleasure listening to your piece. I enjoyed it.

Bloop

Composer #40

:-[ Sorry, Winter Break came along and I became lazy. Then I came back and changed it a little more. Now I think it's fine and is awaiting proofreading from my professor. I applied neutral syllables because I can't think of lyrics worth a damn for this. 

The links should work.

It happens Every. Day!

Winter

This is Ironic considering your username.

the "Finally" at least.

:D

Jub3r7

It's funny how it seemed as though the lyrics were "Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha" at one point.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Composer #40

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 17, 2011, 07:25:11 PMIt's funny how it seemed as though the lyrics were "Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha" at one point.
I'm keeping that.

A had inspiration these last two days and wrote some lyrics for March of Ganon's Army. I need you guys for comments because one of you guys will write something that is golden for a certain phrase. You will be acknowledged.

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=2835.0

It happens Every. Day!

Composer #40

I finished writing my fugue! Listen to the "neutral instrument" copy before listening to the wind ensemble version.

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=2835.0

It happens Every. Day!

Composer #40

I made another attempt at a fugue which seems to be my favorite form of writing. The new piece is a result of what happens when I don't have a coherent theme.

It happens Every. Day!