News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

JDMEK5's Banana Hoard

Started by JDMEK5, February 27, 2011, 09:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nothing atm

Cool
10 (83.3%)
Whatevs
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 09:50:11 AMJD, you honestly just made my day.  This song gives me chills.
Thanks! I was worried that nobody would know this song.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 09:50:11 AMAbout it: listen to your mp3 again.  When the song brings in Zelda's theme, it doesn't repeat that one section over and over.  Listen to it at 0:41.  Essentially, the section you have repeated in your version is only half of the song's main theme: it continues with a few notes added in, before going back to the repeat you have.
I noticed that literally 15 minutes after I finished this. I'll fix it when I get the chance, but I don't have enough time now.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 09:50:11 AMAlso, in the beginning, could you add in that B natural an octave lower from the first one?  It adds a lot.  0:02 is what I'm talking about.
I'll add that too.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 09:50:11 AMGreat job with the harmony, it's excellent.
Thanks.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 09:50:11 AMAnd I'm so sad you can't have the full Byrne's theme in the solo version!  :'(  I need a third hand.
I'll see what I can do...
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheZeldaPianist275

DonValentino

Magnificent! I always loved Byrne's theme, and combined with Zelda's Lullaby is even better! :)
Great job, sounds awesome.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 09:50:11 AMI need a third hand.

Everybody does!

JDMEK5

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 20, 2013, 12:28:05 PMMagnificent! I always loved Byrne's theme, and combined with Zelda's Lullaby is even better! :)
That's why I love it.

EDIT: Changed audio links to YouTube instead of MP3.

Another EDIT: Made the changes you mentioned ZeldaPianist. All's good now. Always be sure to play it "presto con fuoco assai!"
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

And here comes another one!

The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - The Final Scene - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - The Final Scene (Two Pianos) - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

I know this is too short to really have a place as a duet, but my goal is to arrange as many Spirit Tracks... tracks, with a two pianos version so the possibility of a dueling-piano-spirit-tracks-medley exists.

Unfortunately I couldn't get Finale to play the last chord that octave higher as it's written but that's just my tough luck I guess...
It's notated correctly so that's good enough I suppose.

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Yay! :D

Couple ideas: I think the staccatos are unneeded.  They just make the song too punchy.

And could you possibly add more layers in the solo?  It kinda loses the melody, and I don't think it's disposable enough to just leave it out.

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 02:49:36 PMCouple ideas: I think the staccatos are unneeded.  They just make the song too punchy.
I didn't originally have the staccatos there. It sounded worse without them. It was sort of a lesser-of-evils situation.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 20, 2013, 02:49:36 PMAnd could you possibly add more layers in the solo?  It kinda loses the melody, and I don't think it's disposable enough to just leave it out.
Honestly, I might be able to but in the original it's way too quiet to have in the same hand/staff/track (whatever we're going by) as the main melody.
To have that ability to make one part super quiet while at the same time play mezzoforte? I think not. I'm afraid that's as good as it's gonna get.

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

One more thing: if you want to go by more TZP song title standards, you'd rename this song "Epilogue."

::)

If you don't mind, that is.

Yugi

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 21, 2013, 03:20:10 PMOne more thing: if you want to go by more TZP song title standards, you'd rename this song "Epilogue."

::)

If you don't mind, that is.
You have standards?

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 21, 2013, 03:20:10 PMOne more thing: if you want to go by more TZP song title standards, you'd rename this song "Epilogue."
I'm going by soundtrack title standards.

Quote from: Yugi on March 21, 2013, 03:23:26 PMYou have standards?
Ha, ha. (Rather sarcastically)

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 21, 2013, 08:31:22 PMI'm going by soundtrack title standards.

You could go by those standards.

Or you could go by mine.

The reason I have these standards is I found three different gamerips of Spirit Tracks, combined them all, and actually burned myself a CD album of Spirit Tracks.  It's quite literally the most complete track listing you will ever find of the game.  If you want the mp3 for all 164 tracks, pm me.

JDMEK5

I think I'll keep going with this... Mostly because your link's broken. :P

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 23, 2013, 11:56:14 AMThe reason I have these standards is I found three different gamerips of Spirit Tracks...
You mean NDS files? Can I has them? (I has all of them gooder grammars)

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 26, 2013, 05:49:48 AMI think I'll keep going with this... Mostly because your link's broken. :P
You mean NDS files? Can I has them? (I has all of them gooder grammars)

Why yes you may!  Warioman's already asked me for them, so I've already started working with it-- I saved it in a goofy file extension, so I'm having to go back and adjust each file separately.  It's taking a while.  :-[  I also have Phantom Hourglass too, if anybody wants it.

And here's the track listing/fixed link.

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 26, 2013, 03:16:17 PMWhy yes you may!  Warioman's already asked me for them, so I've already started working with it-- I saved it in a goofy file extension, so I'm having to go back and adjust each file separately.  It's taking a while.  :-[
Thanks!

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 26, 2013, 03:16:17 PMAnd here's the track listing/fixed link.
I already started with the other one so I think I'll just stick with that.

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

NEW ARRANGEMENT!

The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Credits (Two Pianos) - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

Solo version coming soon!

Arranger's Comments:

I couldn't really get Finale to give me the playback I wanted, but all the notation for a deadly-accurate transcription is there.
I tried really hard with this one to have the dueling pianos effect, and I think it came off rather nicely.
I also tried really hard to make this playable. Which was also done well in my opinion.
This was a first-time for me in the fact that I included a fifth staff for the audience to clap. Inspiration for it came from Shadoninja's arrangement of Toad's Factory. Although I noticed that his was an added image of an extra staff added via the graphics tool. So I set about learning how to genuinely add another staff that I could hide when it wasn't being used or was left to play. I also wanted to hear it in the playback. It needed a percussion staff, as well as an individual key signature. I figured those out and also got it to play while it was hidden. If you want a tutorial on how I did all this, let me know.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy it. It was quite a pain for me and I'm glad to have it done. Don't get me wrong though, I love this song.
Let me know what you think, and I'll be working on a solo version to accompany this one.

Thanks for your support!

My Arrangements