News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 06, 2014, 05:02:34 PMAll of the GMO stuff is fear mongering, there is 0 scientific evidence of harmful effects :P
My major concern with it is GMO crops generally have higher levels of glyphosphate(toxic herbicide) found in them. Which is bad.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 06, 2014, 04:33:06 PMbut as a whole the life of a farmer was much less healthy than that of a hunter/gatherer
That's why the paleo diet is so popular

Eat like a caveman

Meat, veggies, fruit, nuts. and all organic/raw/unprocessed (extensively -- because even shelling almonds can be viewed as processing food).

That means no grains (even healthy whole grains), no sugars, no salt, no alcohol, etc...

Apparently it gives you tons of energy and stuff.

mikey

so corn and junk was really bad for your teeth, it caused cavities blah blah blah.
Cavities are a GREAT way for disease causing bacteria to get past your natural defenses.
Also the lack of protein in the farmer diet caused a shortened stature and several more health problems
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Everything in moderation... everything in moderation...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

Quote from: DrP on March 07, 2014, 07:37:28 PMThat's why the paleo diet is so popular

Eat like a caveman

Meat, veggies, fruit, nuts. and all organic/raw/unprocessed (extensively -- because even shelling almonds can be viewed as processing food).

That means no grains (even healthy whole grains), no sugars, no salt, no alcohol, etc...

Apparently it gives you tons of energy and stuff.

I heard the term "eat like a diabetic" xD but there isn't anything clear on what a paleo diet is cannibalism. Neanderthal? Orangutan?  Hunter-gatherer?

Quote from: Clanker37 on March 08, 2014, 12:35:51 AMIt's all about having a balanced diet.

Yay!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

fingerz

I'm getting an Alto Sax for my birthday this upcoming Saturday!! It's a BLACK Yamaha 82Z-B and it is utterly amazing! I'd usually turn my nose up at flashy instruments like that, but seeing as it's got the best sound and it's the easiest to get my fingers around it, I'm not fussed. OMGOMGOMG!! :D

I'll post a picture for you all to see when I pick it up. :3
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

Quote from: fingerz on March 09, 2014, 02:11:44 PMit's the easiest to get my fingerz around it, I'm not fussed.
lol

Awesome! I always like getting a new instrument :)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fingerz on March 09, 2014, 02:11:44 PMI'm getting an Alto Sax for my birthday this upcoming Saturday!! It's a BLACK Yamaha 82Z-B and it is utterly amazing! I'd usually turn my nose up at flashy instruments like that, but seeing as it's got the best sound and it's the easiest to get my fingers around it, I'm not fussed. OMGOMGOMG!! :D
That sounds great! Congratulations!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FierceDeity

black saxes are the coolest goddamn thing.

fingerz

Hahaha! Thanks, everyone! Yeah, I know, right? I thought it was just a flashy instrument, but nooooo! It plays well, too! :D
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Dude

"alphabet soup more like times new ramen am i right"

best pun ever

Zunawe

Quote from: fingerz on March 09, 2014, 02:11:44 PMI'm getting an Alto Sax for my birthday this upcoming Saturday!! It's a BLACK Yamaha 82Z-B and it is utterly amazing! I'd usually turn my nose up at flashy instruments like that, but seeing as it's got the best sound and it's the easiest to get my fingers around it, I'm not fussed. OMGOMGOMG!! :D

I'll post a picture for you all to see when I pick it up. :3
Prepare for criticisms from many traditionalist musicians no matter what you say. There are people who care enough to heckle those instruments because the way they color it changes the sound in some minute way.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

fingerz

Yeah, very true. But that's why I bought it! I have a naturally bright (and I mean goddamn BRIGHT) tone on all of my woodwind instruments, so any dampening of the tone is most certainly welcome. So, the fact that it's double-lacquered means it's got a darker sound, which helps me and makes me sound better. No criticism could affect my choice. I mean, they can hear me play a non-lacquered sax if they want. Their ears will scream in agony, though. :P

Yugi

People think that the music I listen to isn't weird 8D