News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Isn't it great???  They did a phenomenal job. 

SlowPokemon

It wasn't phenomenal. It was decent but nowhere near as good as LOTR. Felt like too much. Especially with the ridiculous runtime, which I couldn't really forgive as so much of the film was unnecessary.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

The artwork was definitely amazing though. But I can't imagine how they could make 3 movies out of the story. I wouldn't say it was all unnecessary but since the Hobbit had none of the history stuff that was written in LoTR I think they could have saved some of that material for the other films. Not all of it seemed to fit tbh.

I don't think a lot of people read through the appendices to even know that stuff xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 22, 2012, 08:12:19 PMIt wasn't phenomenal. It was decent but nowhere near as good as LOTR. Felt like too much. Especially with the ridiculous runtime, which I couldn't really forgive as so much of the film was unnecessary.

How long IS it? I'm seeing it with friends tomorrow... and mind you, I've never read/seen any LOTR stuff.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

2:45, plus a TON of trailers, but yeah you'll have fun. You'll probably miss some references to lord of the rings though.

Nebbles

oh my god it's almost 3 hours are you joking

better bring some snacks.... but I hope I see a Les Mis or Gatsby trailer.

Mashi

I liked the movie and that it'll be in 3 parts. :(
More stuff to watch!!!

Ruto

Can't tell you what it's like from a non-LoTR perspective. I still thought it was good! Can't wait to see the other parts.
Quote from: Nebbles on December 22, 2012, 08:46:34 PMoh my god it's almost 3 hours are you joking
The Return of the King was nearly 4 hours long and I think they could have put more stuff in it. The extended edition didn't seem long enough either.

The trailers were annoying me a lot more than it should. I missed a few of the trailers but I didn't see either of those.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

So after much trial and error, I finally fixed most of my capture issues (frame rate is solid and the delay is almost fixed), I'm alomst ready to start working on my LPs.

Now I just need to sit down and record both the game and the commentary, time to bring my friend out of his hibernation.

Yay.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 22, 2012, 09:01:01 PMSo after much trial and error, I finally fixed most of my capture issues (frame rate is solid and the delay is almost fixed), I'm alomst ready to start working on my LPs.

Now I just need to sit down and record both the game and the commentary, time to bring my friend out of his hibernation.
What games are you planning to do an LP of.

Because it might actully make me watch youtube if you do a game that I like.

MaestroUGC

We have a few games lined up, but we want to get the hang of this before we start doing those. This first LP might not see the light of day.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on December 22, 2012, 08:46:34 PMoh my god it's almost 3 hours are you joking

Haha didn't see either XD

SuperFireKirby

Return of the King Extended Edition: 4 1/2 hours long

This film ain't nuthin. But it is quite good! Don't listen to Slow, it WAS phenomenal or at least borderline phenomenal.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 22, 2012, 09:01:01 PMSo after much trial and error, I finally fixed most of my capture issues (frame rate is solid and the delay is almost fixed), I'm alomst ready to start working on my LPs.

Yay.

Good luck our your LPs! They're really fun! (I need to be un lazy and start working on my next one...)

Yugi

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 22, 2012, 09:26:44 PMReturn of the King Extended Edition: 4 1/2 hours long
Fun fact: This movie is the record holder for the most on-screen deaths, withover 400 deaths shown on screen.