News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 22, 2014, 05:31:13 PMBut seriously my brother is 9 and he's only 10 lbs. lighter than you.
I read this as "and he's only ten pounds (lighter than you)" and was a little confused. My cat weighs more than that

I don't really know many people who are actually overweight, or at least to the extent that its unhealthy. The majority definitely thinks they're overweight though

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on January 22, 2014, 05:42:13 PMNo, he's not. At 6, I weighed 30 pounds and if I hadn't been force fed via NG tube or I would of died. 10 pounds pls.

xD nobody understands my period.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Maybe the funniest misunderstanding I've seen in a while xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow

Oh fuck... *backs away into corner*

Quote from: Ruto on January 22, 2014, 06:22:07 PMAnyway, where would that weight be? Do you lack muscle or something?

I developed an aversion towards food because of a lot of digestive track issues I had at the time.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 22, 2014, 07:49:31 PMxD nobody understands my period.

Something tells me this could also be interpreted in another manner...

Anyways, GAH MY MUSIC THEORY/AURAL COMPREHENSION PLACEMENT TEST WENT SO WELL

So, this requires a little background info. My first semester, I took all of the preliminary placement tests online and got 100% on everything (apparently they disrespect AP theory so much that they don't let my 5 count for anything), so the school's like "hey, congrats, you tested out of basic musicianship, now you get to take the graduate placement exam to see if you can place higher" and I'm oh, cool. So I come to welcome week and get so caught up that I don't realize that the test is at the same time as a "mandatory" freshman event, and so I missed it. I ask them if I can make it up, and their response was basically the textual equivalent of flipping me off, and the oh-so-reassuring "oh don't worry you did super well on the preliminary tests, so you get to start off in THEORY I AND AURAL COMPREHENSION I, ISN'T THAT JUST GREAT"

So, I reluctantly sign up for those classes, and the first day when I show up to aural comprehension I, it's such simple ear training (also at 8 am) that I went ahead and dropped the class as soon as I left the room. My next class was theory I, and I show up and he's going over simple stuff, and I'm like well this is okay, I'm sure it'll get more complicated as the year goes on. It didn't. We only did basic period form compositions, 1st, 2nd, and 4th species counterpoint, and pretty basic 4 part harmony. I already knew literally all of that from AP, which "doesn't live up to their standards", but whatever. Cut to the end of the year, I get 106% on the final without studying (or going to class half of the time, for that matter), and I'm really frustrated with the whole system.

So, this semester, my plan was to just take theory II and test into aural II, because I figured they had to be at least somewhat difficult, as none of my fellow freshman composition majors had tested out of either of them (hell, only one had tested out of anything other than basic musicianship, and that was just aural I), so I flew out here early to take the test. I take it, it seems pretty easy, I get the results back, and OH WAIT I'M IN THEORY III AND AURAL COMPREHENSION III NOW, FUCK YEAH

I mean, those classes are only offered fall semester, so I have a big hole in my schedule that I have to figure out pretty quickly how I'm gonna fill, but idgaf. I've never been so happy to have a fucked up schedule :D

Also, I have this site to thank for my ear training :3 no better practice than transcription, haha

DrP

So I am calculating my 401(k) stuff for the future...

I can retire at 55..

and have $7,802,135.46 in my 401(k).
(unadjusted for inflation).

Not too shabby -- plus the pension of about $300,000 a year (also unadjusted for inflation) until I die.

TRAVEL ALL THE TIME

SuperFireKirby

Okay, fuck science, I'm doing whatever the hell your doing. Taxes and shit,yeah! GIMME MONEY.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 24, 2014, 02:39:22 PMSomething tells me this could also be interpreted in another manner...
How immature are you?  ::)
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

QuoteBiology A Final Exam (Milestone 2)

109 / 100

A
I managed to get over 100% on a Biology test... in a Chemistry class. YES.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 26, 2014, 05:36:28 PMI managed to get over 100% on a Biology test... in a Chemistry class. YES.

I did that with papers in an English class with other English majors. I don't even study English or anything related.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

Subject: Make your impact with an Ivy League education

Date: 1/22/14 5:00:57 PM

To: j4976@charter.net

University of PennsylvaniaIf you are unable to access this email, view in browser. At Penn, You CanJoin an intellectually vibrant community of students from every background—and gain the practical knowledge you need to make an impact on the world. Join Penn's List...and discover what Penn can offer .Yes, you will get some mail, too.   Explore The University of Pennsylvania's Four Undergraduate Schools: College of Arts & SciencesSchool of NursingPenn EngineeringWharton School of Business  University of Pennsylvania | Office of Admissions | 1 College Hall, Room 1, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6376

We receiv ed your email address from ACT .

If you would prefer not to receive email from the University of Pennsylvania, please unsubscribe.

What do? 
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Looks like somebody's started taking standardized tests ;)
Don't get too excited, if you're taking them at all before your junior year, colleges will generally start to take notice, because it implies that you're academically dedicated/have some sort of plan. Once it actually gets around to application time your senior year, they won't care so much about that as your actual scores/grades (not saying yours aren't good, I'm just saying that this is the trend). Just take this email for what it is: an indication that UPenn thinks you're going in the right direction.

KefkaticFanatic

Thus begins the influx of college spam.

Get ready to make a gmail filter cause boy o boy they are unrelenting in their pestering.

I also advise you to unsubscribe to any you are immediately disinterested in because they won't even stop after you go off to college. (HEY BRO WANNA TRANSFER?? ??)

me irl
[close]

spitllama

Yessss to everything Kefka said. I got phone calls freshmen year where college admissions counselors are like "you probably aren't enjoying yourself as much as you think you are."

Wtf.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 27, 2014, 10:37:28 AMI also advise you to unsubscribe to any you are immediately disinterested in

But then you won't be able to pull up a page of 27 emails from one college and see their subject titles getting progressively more and more desperate (when I missed one of the "special extended deadlines" this one gave me, they literally replied with the subject title "We missed you, Evan." And yes, they did give me several "special extended deadlines" to apply).

Although, nocturne did get an email from UPenn, from which spam is much more welcome than your St. John's or your St. Olaf's (idk why so many spamming colleges are "St. Something"). But that spam is also much less likely to mean that you'll actually get in.