News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Etf is in Actual College though
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 06, 2014, 08:54:19 AMEtf is in Actual College though
I know, but here, schools still have another month before they finish. I guess I shouldn't be bragging.

SuperFireKirby

FINALS ARE OVER. Both my chem and trig finals were super easy, or at least seemed super easy. Meaning I either aced them, or completely failed them(mostly with trig).

Also, getting plans and shiz together but might be transferring to a legit university next spring or fall. Looking to major in Environment Science and prolly minor in Geology. My life is finally kinda coming together. yay

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fingerz

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 06, 2014, 08:30:50 AMI'm Homeschooled so I had 90% of my work done 2 weeks ago.
Hahaha! Home-schooled. :P

Sorry, I can't help but laugh every time I see someone say that. It's like their parents have an ego and don't want their children to learn with those other children. Phht!  ;D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

braix

Quote from: fingerz on May 06, 2014, 03:14:45 PMIt's like their parents have an ego and don't want their children to learn with those other children. Phht!  ;D
Lol ikr?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

fingerz

No offence to maelstrom, though. I just think the whole concept is like Americans owning guns. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Maelstrom

Quote from: fingerz on May 06, 2014, 04:37:55 PMNo offence to maelstrom, though. I just think the whole concept is like Americans owning guns. :P
None taken. School just wasn't quite working out right in 2nd grade, so I homeschooled and personally made the decision to continue doing so. I just like making my own schedule and rarely having to wake up before 7:30.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fingerz on May 06, 2014, 03:14:45 PMHahaha! Home-schooled. :P

Sorry, I can't help but laugh every time I see someone say that. It's like their parents have an ego and don't want their children to learn with those other children. Phht!  ;D
You're just jealous. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

A lot of parents don't believe that public schools should have in loco parentis authority over their kids. The fact that the option is available is important, even if I don't personally believe that homeschooling is the best decision.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

KefkaticFanatic

I think it's more of he's in the perspective of the rest of the non-American world (where it is illegal in many places given that public schooling is compulsory) that sees this as yet another one of our primitive hick customs.

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 06, 2014, 04:44:06 PMSchool just wasn't quite working out right in 2nd grade

What did this entail, might I ask? I'm actually really curious as to individual reasons for starting home schooling.

Maelstrom

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 06, 2014, 06:59:34 PMWhat did this entail, might I ask? I'm actually really curious as to individual reasons for starting home schooling.
Simply unmedicated ADHD and being too smart. Seriously. I got the concepts so fast that I spent the rest of my time messing around and not getting anything done. Not to mention that time limits stressed me out.

Ruto

Lol fingerz is back! It's always interesting to see how the Aussies think of us xD Schools and health care systems here seem so underfunded in comparison. I guess that would be the reason to consider homeschooling, if you really think you can give the kids a better education. Last time I checked, not everyone who homeschooled had instructors that went past high school (therefore you shouldn't be teaching high school?) and used the iffy (free or low cost) homeschooling material you can find online. I haven't thought about the ego thing, which is probably hidden behind a different reason...xD

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 06, 2014, 06:11:44 PMour primitive hick customs.

xDDDDDD it sounded scientific until I saw hick thrown in there

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 06, 2014, 07:09:16 PMSimply unmedicated ADHD and being too smart. Seriously. I got the concepts so fast that I spent the rest of my time messing around and not getting anything done. Not to mention that time limits stressed me out.

Lol the time limit thing got worse in college xD I didn't have a problem with it before that. Extra loafing time is always good for someth---*goes back in the library*

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 06, 2014, 07:09:16 PMSimply unmedicated ADHD and being too smart. Seriously. I got the concepts so fast that I spent the rest of my time messing around and not getting anything done. Not to mention that time limits stressed me out.

Hmm. I kinda wish you'd stayed in it until at least middle school, because at that point they start having a lot more options as far as more advanced classes go. I do understand, though, I had the same issue. My teachers up until middle school, though, all ended up giving me individualized stuff to do. I'm curious as to the results, though; what level math, what level sciences (and which), and what kinds of literature (that one's a bit harder to classify) have you gotten up to? The public school system may not have much in terms of challenge for the first few years, but it definitely picks up by high school, so I'm pretty satisfied with the stuff I was able to learn.

As a musician, though, I'm mostly just sad if you never got an opportunity to be in a concert band setting, or the like. It's such a valuable, underrated experience; people in my major (composition) at my school seem to have such a hard time understanding concepts of orchestration (and theory in general, actually) if they've never been in a band, having those orchestration issues sorted out in front of them. Not to say it's absolutely necessary, or that it's only valuable to composers, but it's still an incredible learning experience to go and play with a group (or multiple groups) every day for four years.

Maelstrom

I typed up this long thing and accidently deleted it, so, I'll make it short. I took Physics and am doing a little extra so I can take an AP test. I just finished pre-calc, but should have skipped it: it was so easy, I didn't really try. And lit is a little hard to classify. Mostly, I read a lot of my own stuff and some of that happens to be classics (btw Lovecraft is amazing!). I'll probably take some classes at the local college next year.  As for orchestra, I only play the guitar and piano: they could fit in an orchestra, but work just as well alone, which is how I normally play them. But I am glad I homeschooled. For one, I am not half as bad of a procrastinator as I used to be: I take my higher level classes at a weekly co-op that hires teachers who assign homework for the week. So, if you want, you can put it all off until monday and pull an all-nighter. I have one friend who claims he is most efficient after 9:00 PM, so he does most of his schoolwork then. But the best part of the co-op is the musical. Half the co-op is in it and we don't get on stage until a week before opening night. It's crazy to say the least, but fun and it always turns out well. Better, in fact, than most other high school musicals.