News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Pretty much all kinds of rock or metal (and sometimes other things I don't like). Depends on who's playing. I've heard classic rock and death metal :3

And I guess I was just lucky, we seemed to fit so well together

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on August 06, 2014, 04:39:08 PMWHOA. You're a... girl? O.o

It seems people like playing around with their gender a lot on the forums here... XD

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 29, 2014, 08:40:01 PMI'd be careful saying things like this if you aren't joking because a pretty significant portion of NSMers (myself included) are queer in some way

I mean like goddam I let it go the first time but can you please not be so insensitive

Also congratulations Bloop, be careful and I hope it goes well for you :)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 06, 2014, 06:10:18 PMAlternative rock fucking best rock
Alternative rock is soooooo good. Waddle, how 'bout that new Jack White album? Fantastic or FANTASTIC?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FierceDeity

Quote from: fingerz on August 06, 2014, 04:39:08 PMWHOA. You're a... girl? O.o

It seems people like playing around with their gender a lot on the forums here... XD
Quote from: Dude on August 06, 2014, 04:46:18 PMOr, you know, he could be gay, you dip.

Fingerz, how do you still not realize that a large amount of NSMers are gay after we blatantly told you XD

Quote from: Bloop on August 06, 2014, 04:30:57 PMohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod
I'M SO HAPPY (so happy counter: 56)

Just before my friend went to a mental hospital (explained in the rant thread) I started talking to this guy in some kind of place for people from 14+ who listen to alternative music. We had quite some fun, and after my friend left, we started talking and we both fell in love pretty quickly. That was 4 days ago. It's kinda fast, but I think if it went this fast for both of us it should mean something, right?

I got a boyfriend. I'M JUST SO HAPPY (so happy counter: 57)

Congrats! Though I hope you understand if my "skepticism of youth" counter is somewhat near that level too, when you say you "fell in love" after talking to somebody at a gathering centered around musical taste XD
"Omg that's your favorite song? Me too we must be soulmates!"
^^not that I think it went like that, but just be wary of the fact that there's so much you couldn't possibly yet know about the person, and so much excitement around the prospect of a (I'm guessing first) relationship. You could very well be good for one another, but there's a reason high school relationships have a bad stigma. Take it from somebody who had quite a few foolish ones.

I'm not saying this to discourage you, just to make sure that you're careful, haha. I really am happy for you, and wish you the best of luck.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 06, 2014, 06:07:48 PMBeing in a gay relationship under the age of 21 is just plain incredible, like, how u do dis.

This really depends on where you live, haha. More liberal areas = more open gay relationships. And college, especially; unless you're going to a religious university, it's pretty common (across all years, hence it not being uncommon for under 21).

Dude

fierce you shouldn't say "gay" if you're talking about some people of nsm say lgbtqayerhcd so everyone is happy

FireArrow

^^Even if high school relationships do work out, once college rolls along it can be incredibly difficult to stay together. They're generally not a good idea unless you really think you've met the right person (mind you, that's about impossible to judge while being a hormonal teenager.)

Quote from: FierceDeity on August 06, 2014, 06:51:39 PMThis really depends on where you live, haha. More liberal areas = more open gay relationships. And college, especially; unless you're going to a religious university, it's pretty common (across all years, hence it not being uncommon for under 21).

I do live in a relatively right-wing area, so that doesn't entirely help my view on the matter. My main reason for saying that though, is there's two really big show stoppers for young gay couples.

1. Once people figure out they're gay, they have somewhat of an acceptance period, mostly to just get comfortable with it as a part of your identity and figure out what it means for your future. This generally doesn't last for more than a couple weeks, but due to the very homophobic nature of middle school, people can get locked into this till adulthood.

2. Some people just don't figure out their sexuality until they're adults, especially in the scenario of being bi.

EDIT: Yeah, 21 is probably a bit high compared to reality, 18 would probably be more accurate. :3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SuperFireKirby

Wow Dude, way to not included pansexuals. So insensitive!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

omg I completely forgot i'm such a terrible person D:

FierceDeity

Quote from: Dude on August 06, 2014, 06:56:16 PMfierce you shouldn't say "gay" if you're talking about some people of nsm say lgbtqayerhcd so everyone is happy

I have upset the tumblr gods. There is only one path to repentance.

*commits seppuku with a sword marked "White Privilege"*

SlowPokemon

Those kind of people give the rest of us a bad name tbh
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Quote from: FierceDeity on August 06, 2014, 07:09:03 PM*commits seppuku with a sword marked "White Privilege"*
i always thought it was sudoku as that's what mashi calls it

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dude on August 06, 2014, 07:46:06 PMi always thought it was sudoku as that's what mashi calls it
I found that way too funny.

KefkaticFanatic

duno my first impression from reading that post is that fingerz was referring to all the kids finding it hip to randomly change their forum genders, but w/e

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

yeah what's up with that trend huh

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 06, 2014, 09:02:37 PMduno my first impression from reading that post is that fingerz was referring to all the kids finding it hip to randomly change their forum genders, but w/e

Well, I mean, yeah, that seemed pretty evident to me too, but it's not like the two interpretations are mutually exclusive. He's implying that it's more likely that somebody put an inaccurate gender than that a dude could like another dude. In fact, it's the only possibility he considered. While I'm not the kind of person to take assumptions of gender/sexuality too seriously ("HOW DARE YOU CALL THAT CAT A 'HE', YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW HOW IT IDENTIFIES"), it is a little insensitive that he jumped to that conclusion. Bloop is on here, happy about his new relationship, and Fingerz's response isn't to congratulate him, but instead to comment "Gee, it sure is weird that you said you have a boyfriend when your gender is listed as male. Oh ho ho, silly girls, listing themselves as boys. That's the only plausible explanation." Was this particularly offensive? Not as much as calling the idea of gay relationships in Tomodachi Life "creepy", no. But I can imagine it might get irritating after a while to have one's sexuality considered as abnormal (or not at all), when it's a perfectly common (especially on here, as we've pointed out to him), perfectly acceptable thing.
I tried not to rant about it, you guys. I really did.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 06, 2014, 07:17:32 PMThose kind of people give the rest of us a bad name tbh

Haha, yeah. I know it doesn't represent the majority, I was just joking around.