News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

I stopped collecting pokemon gards at gen 1 and I still consider that my former self was "into it"

You made it 4 generations. YOU have been into collecting cards. Don't deny it.

MaestroUGC

I never got into collecting cards of any kind myself. The only thing I bought with my extensive wealth was power of people.

Ah, to be young and foolish again.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Okay, let me amend my original statement. My sisters were into Pokemon before I was (I was like 2 or 3 when it came out), so I inherited all of the cards they had collected once they were bored of the pokemon craze, and I essentially had gens 1 and 2 already in a little collector's binder or whatever. I don't honestly remember getting any gen 3 cards but from whenever I bought the movies on DVD, and then I distinctly buying only ONE gen 4 pack.

Quote from: Winter on November 06, 2014, 09:19:09 AMYOU have been into collecting cards. Don't deny it.
I shall continue. It was never an interest of mine. I never had the money for them, otherwise I probably would have gotten into it more. If anything, I considered the ones I did collect a sort of real-life pokedex that I could display all of the ones I had seen before.

Also, I'll admit to collecting, but I've never played a real game of TCG. Well. Actually that may not be true...I'd rather not talk about that day.

THE POINT IS, I was never into the TCG (of any sort), so I wouldn't know what a card shop is.
Party Hard!
[close]

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Kman96 on November 06, 2014, 09:51:25 AMAlso, I'll admit to collecting, but I've never played a real game of TCG. Well. Actually that may not be true...I'd rather not talk about that day.

THE POINT IS, I was never into the TCG (of any sort), so I wouldn't know what a card shop is.
This is me

SlowPokemon

I like how your excuse is "I'm from Alaska"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 06, 2014, 09:55:08 AMI like how your excuse is "I'm from Alaska"
I think I say it once a day at college as an excuse for something.

I'm such a USA n00b.
Party Hard!
[close]

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Kman96 on November 06, 2014, 09:51:25 AMbut I've never played a real game of TCG. Well. Actually that may not be true...I'd rather not talk about that day.

Ha! You were defeated and as part of the wager had to ask Sylvia Primrose to the school dance only to get rejected in a very public and humiliating manner and when you attempted to flee from the situation you trip and fell, snagging you pants on a bush and exposing yourself to everybody on the playground, right?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bloop

That once happened to me

Kman96

Unrelated: shadowkirby is on some kind of drugs. I think he got his wisdom teeth taken out, but I'm not sure.

...I wish tapatalk would let us choose what size the images were...sorry, guys.
Party Hard!
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

DrP

If I didn't know details, that's clearly drunk texting.

I've seen lots of it in my college days. (Wow, that dates me...)

My day has been made: I have been giving financial advice to friends. It's always a good feeling when you feel like you've helped someone figure out a financial issue or helping them make a bit more money on investments. (Buy TSLA)

FierceDeity

Idk, I look back on my drunk texts the day after, and not only is it exactly the same as how I'd usually text, but I remember everything, haha. Though yeah, that definitely looks like some of the more interesting ones I've received.

On that note/on the topic, last weekend I came home with my equivalent of being shitfaced (frat-ish party), and had a nice heart to heart talk with my suitemate. I mentioned the next day what I did the night before, and he was like "Wait, you were drunk? I actually had no idea." Hooray for high alcohol tolerance (despite only weighing 125 pounds)! Drunk me has his shit together

DrP

Yep. I'm the same way. I say "No one knows I'm really drunk unless I throw up" -- which rarely happens.

I'm known at my office to drink the most. On 4/15, the end of busy season, we all went to a bar. I then consumed 8 G&Ts, 1 pint of beer and 2 gins on the rocks within 2.5 hours.

I then proceeded to walk a mile back to my office (not looking drunk at all), grabbed my stuff and then took the light rail home and went straight to bed.

People were shocked when I went into the office the next day.

Olimar12345

I had a job interview today and totally killed it! The manager seemed impressed with me and my connections/references. I'll be sure to fill you guys in if/when I get the job :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Quote from: DrP on November 06, 2014, 06:17:55 PMYep. I'm the same way. I say "No one knows I'm really drunk unless I throw up" -- which rarely happens.

I'm known at my office to drink the most. On 4/15, the end of busy season, we all went to a bar. I then consumed 8 G&Ts, 1 pint of beer and 2 gins on the rocks within 2.5 hours.

I then proceeded to walk a mile back to my office (not looking drunk at all), grabbed my stuff and then took the light rail home and went straight to bed.

People were shocked when I went into the office the next day.

Daamn. I'd at least have a little sway in my walk at that point, haha. Although, drunk me has yet to even throw up. When I first started, I kept gradually testing my limits to see how far I could responsibly go, and it got to the point where I could drink an ungodly amount (almost half of a handle of fireball, aka about 17 shots, in 2 hours) and still not throw up, black out, or get a hangover not curable by sleeping in. So I basically decided I should keep it within a more reasonable amount anyways, seeing as there's no way that's at all healthy for me, haha.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 10, 2014, 08:46:34 PMI had a job interview today and totally killed it! The manager seemed impressed with me and my connections/references. I'll be sure to fill you guys in if/when I get the job :J

Woooo! What would your position be?