News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 11, 2015, 03:21:29 PMI just found out about the Ace Attorney performance albums and where to download them
Hey, what are these?
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fingerz

Just watch and die laughing like I did. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

English and Precalculus finals went well. Tomorrow I have Physics and US History. The History test should be simple* but the Physics test is the only one I'm mildly worried about (though I always seem to do well on science tests, so... that's good?).

*johnlockedeclarationofindependenceindustrialrevolutionpoliticalmachinesnewdealmuricaokimgoodnowthatsaboutit
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DrP

My firm just released a bunch of free state tax software for this years filing season.

And since I'm filing in 5 states, I just saved myself $100!!!

(Also, if anyone wants discounted TurboTax, check my sig!) -- and all you going to college, make sure you can take advantage of the American Opportunity Credit. Up to $1,000 refunded back to you!

FierceDeity

Taxes are scary
I had to do a shitload of data entry today just to get the info to put together my office's 1099's, and even that's further than I'd like to go into that process haha

DrP

I think they're fun (because it's what I do for a living) -- but some parts of it are scary for me (Section 382 -- I think i spent a good 40 hours going through old revenue rulings and treasury regulations to figure something out).

I did Ruto's taxes last year, so if you have questions, I'll be glad to help! (Especially if you had withholdings and want those back!)

mikey

I think I'll be able to do my taxes myself when I start having to pay them (which should be coming up in the next month or so because of work) but if I can't my mom can probably do them for me idk lol
unmotivated

Bubbles

I was just dismissing this because I figured I didn't have to do them but I think I do too...

DrP

Yeah, if the only thing you have is a job + withholdings, then it's not that big of a deal. You only do 10 boxes.

However, if you plan on making less than $6,300, then I suggest just claiming EXEMPT from withholding. You'd basically be giving the government an interest free loan. You then don't have to even file a federal or state return because there is no tax due because it's under the standard deduction (of 6,300).

And since the new ACA stuff comes into effect this year, there's that too

I'm wondering if I should make a topic for this.

mikey

Quote from: DrP on January 16, 2015, 05:21:09 PMYeah, if the only thing you have is a job + withholdings, then it's not that big of a deal. You only do 10 boxes.

However, if you plan on making less than $6,300, then I suggest just claiming EXEMPT from withholding. You'd basically be giving the government an interest free loan. You then don't have to even file a federal or state return because there is no tax due because it's under the standard deduction (of 6,300).

And since the new ACA stuff comes into effect this year, there's that too

I'm wondering if I should make a topic for this.
DrP's Guide to Taxes: Dummy Edition
do it.
unmotivated

DrP

Go here for my tax thread

Because taxes don't make peoples' days (except mine)