News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on May 07, 2015, 07:45:21 AMhttp://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendo_and_universal_studios_announce_theme_park_partnership
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh
Here's hoping it doesn't flop like the Japan only Pokemon Theme Park in 2005.

MADE MY DAY! Discovered a WIP Gates to Infinity Minecraft adventure map:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-gates-to-infinity18-and-a-2-player-map/

The builder hasn't been active in 3 months, but theres still a chance!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

Obligatory this is better post:

FierceDeity

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 06, 2015, 10:43:23 PMDo you happen to know the model or year for that conn? That could be a nice horn. When you say refurbished, was it relaquered?

Not relaquered; just some retired trombone player in my hometown who buys beat up trombones online, fixes them up into working order, and sells them (without the intention of making profit). Since I got it just by going to his house and trying out a bunch of horns and seeing what worked, I never actually paid too much attention to the model; I'll let you know when I get back to it again, haha.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 06, 2015, 10:46:49 PMI know a number of jazz trumpeters who swear by Schagerls, so maybe they don't make great trombones, or perhaps you got a dud. But that rent sure is cheap.

Yeah, it's definitely on the lower end for any company, so I doubt it's truly representative of Schagerl trombones as a whole haha. Apparently renting horns really isn't all that common in europe (definitely not in the czech republic), so this was literally the only rental I could actually find (my program director's other suggestions included online listings for P-bones or valved trombones I could buy -_-). So when she found it and told me it was at a music school, I was like oh cool, a conservatory horn should be nice. I show up, and it's a school for 6-10 year olds. I'm just lucky that it was full-sized, tbh.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 06, 2015, 10:46:49 PMI've heard quite a few good things about the older Conns, and getting a small horn with a valve would be so handy.

Yeah, it's crazy resonant, and has some pretty smooth action. I really miss the valve; the one standard we played in our jazz set was maiden voyage, and playing the bassline for that without being able to drop the D (or easily go down to the fifth in the F section) was a really weird feeling after playing that conn for so long.

DrP

Sebastian

K-NiGhT

Ran into AwesomeYears on the smashbros subreddit. *small world intensifies*
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

AwesomeYears

Quote from: K-NiGhT on May 08, 2015, 02:08:53 PMRan into AwesomeYears on the smashbros subreddit. *small world intensifies*
Oh really? What comment?

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 08, 2015, 09:11:47 AMYeah, it's crazy resonant, and has some pretty smooth action. I really miss the valve; the one standard we played in our jazz set was maiden voyage, and playing the bassline for that without being able to drop the D (or easily go down to the fifth in the F section) was a really weird feeling after playing that conn for so long.
Time to crank out the fake notes!

Olimar12345

^we call 'em "False-Tones" over here. Man, my old Reynolds Emperor had such a great false tone sound! 'Twas a gem of a horn!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

Curious about the release date for the next book in a trilogy you should all read (the Kingkiller Chronicle), I looked it up in Google. For some reason, Goodreads already has it up in anticipation, like a placeholder page. It has a 4.52/5 rating with 205 reviews and 1300 ratings. The author posted on the page.

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

AwesomeYears

Yay! I just won a game (Dead Bits) for free at /r/randomactsofgaming!

Latios212

When your new signature exactly meets the character limit ;)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Finished a final paper. One down, two to go.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Now in Phoenix AZ.