News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Athletic themes.  :D

I'm still working on the SMW athletic theme. The left hand is hard to get exactly right.  :P

SWMadness

Quote from: starrgrl24 on June 30, 2011, 02:19:29 PMYou get a dorm with a piano!? You are soo lucky. The YI athletic theme does sound like a lot of fun, which is why I'm learning! I'm too lazy to learn something by ear, so I'll just take advantage that I'm in a website dedicated to making video game sheet music. xD

It's a baby grand, but it's either badly out of tune or the keys stick, so it's not as great as you might think. Luckily this last year I was able to get a HUGE dorm room, big enough to move my keyboard into, so that helped.

I'm bad at learning stuff by ear too, which is why I love this site so much. :P

Oritendo

Hey, can someone help me choose something to learn? Something from Mario or Pokémon please. I learned some of the songs from NSM, like 5 or 7., but that's it.

SlowPokemon

Try N's Farewell from Pokemon Black and White, it's not on the site but Hugomeister has arranged it and I'm sure he would send you the arrangement. It's very good.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

You could also use my arrangement oritendo! I just posted it a few days ago - http://www.mediafire.com/?d807ya42vklaun4 (PDF). My sheets tend to have a lot of dynamic markings, so if you like a less cluttered sheet you could use Hugomeister's. But mine's good too!  ;)

P.S. I realize you don't like mediafire, but if you ask Hugomeister for his version, his will be stored in mediafire also, so... yeah.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Oritendo

yes, I don't like mediafire, sorry.  :) Is there anything good to suggest from NSM? I know these already:

Pokémon
~Professor Oak (R/B/y)
~Hearthome City (P/D)

Mario
~Overworld (Super Mario Bros)
~Yoshi Island (Super Mario World)
~Overworld (super mario world)

any suggestions?? thanks!  :)

Bespinben

On site stuff huh? Try learning Fairy Fountain from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time   ;)  - I'm actually trying to learn it myself right now  ;D
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Greg

You know the SMW overworld?

Try doing other SMW pieces, they're all based on the same theme.

If you're skilled enough, the SMW athletic theme is fun. :P

SWMadness

Quote from: gzgregory on July 07, 2011, 06:18:05 AMYou know the SMW overworld?

Ha ha my brother was messing around with the Castle theme from SMW one night on our piano and we came to the realization that it's the Overworld theme bumped into a minor key. Mind = blown.

If you're looking for something from Pokemon, the Route 202 music from DPPt is a lot of fun to play.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Oritendo on July 06, 2011, 08:33:43 PMyes, I don't like mediafire, sorry.  :) Is there anything good to suggest from NSM? I know these already:

Pokémon
~Professor Oak (R/B/y)
~Hearthome City (P/D)

Mario
~Overworld (Super Mario Bros)
~Yoshi Island (Super Mario World)
~Overworld (super mario world)

any suggestions?? thanks!  :)

Hmm. My own Musical Hall arrangement is fun to play and rather easy (in my opinion), same with my Route 4 and Dimble Wood. But other than shameless self promotion, try Fingerz's arrangement from Bowser's Inside Story, Clash of the Titans. Really great song and very playable.

KefkaticFanatic

Not practicing as much as I should be right now, but meh

Mendelssohn - Rondo Capriccio
Chopin - Etude Op 10 No 12
Beethoven - Pathetique Sonata Mov. 3 (relearning)
Beethoven - Appassionata Sonata Mov 3
Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata Mov 3
Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag

Had been working on them a few months back but school meant I wasn't able to practice at all.  Have now moved forward in the Chopin and Mendelssohn most of all, though the Pathetique I can already play moderately well as I had memorized and performed it around 3 (or more, forget) years ago.  Maple Leaf is easy so I can already play that moderately as well.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Joplin's ragtime pieces are always fun. I already know the Maple Leaf Rag, I had to play the Pineapple Rag for my recital, and I recently memorized the Entertainer. Now my teacher wants me to play Solace. :P

I have to say I like them, despite all of them sounding similar to each other. They're fun for me cause of my crazy big hands...lots of leaps in the bass clef.

Oritendo

Quote from: Bespinben on July 06, 2011, 09:01:03 PMOn site stuff huh? Try learning Fairy Fountain from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time   ;)  - I'm actually trying to learn it myself right now  ;D

is it hard? I never tried something of zelda...  :)
Quote from: gzgregory on July 07, 2011, 06:18:05 AMYou know the SMW overworld?

Yes, the first one I learned from NSM. I also made a simpler version. I was thinking of Forest of Illusion, but it's too short. hm, i'll give SMW athletic a try. thanks!

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

fabbemannen

I've always loved Humoresque of a little Dog on the piano (Link here, going to be re-recorded)
So I'm learning the parts in the Brawl-version now (I already know the original version)