News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 23, 2011, 08:44:34 PMMy first Chopin piece: "two preludes" as well as polonaisse
The "Herioque"?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

No idea, it's listed in my book as "two preludes" and they're two incredibly short pieces that take up a page. I will copy the page to show you tomorrow or something.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

kirby_superstar

All you really need to tell us are the keys.
I can guarantee that the Prelude in A major (No. 7) is one of them though, and I'd chance a guess that No. 4 in E minor is the other one. It's commonly referred to as "Suffocation".

I'm transcribing "Bounding Through Time" right now. And I'm kinda off'n'on learning The Merry-Go-Round of Life or the main themw from Howl's Moving Castle. Other than that, there is no real learning project currently being undertaken by me.
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

FallenPianist

Curently working on Beethoven's Piano Sonata #5 In C Minor, Op. 10, No. 5 . Pretty cool to play!

SuperFireKirby

Learning What It's Like on guitar.

Learning Nostalgia by Yanni on piano.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DonValentino

Right now, I´m only playing and practising random sheets I have and some new ones from Ninsheetmusic.* Nothing else. I´m practising "Jib Jig" from DKC2 (almost perfect!  ;D) and "Musical Hall" from PKMN:B&W, at the moment. Looking forward for new arrangements on the submission thread!
*Got a little bored of always playing classical music.
Oh! And a version of "Dr. Wily Stage 1" from Megaman 2 arranged by Frank DAngelo I found on the web. It´s quite different to the one we have on the site, though.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Ah.

The only song I learned from this site-and finished- is Haunted Merry-go-round in Super Mario 64. I stink. :p

SlowPokemon

Nah, you're just starting out. Some of the songs on the site (especially arranged by dahans) are CRAZILY hard...and don't even look at Maestro's Virtuoso arrangements.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Speaking of which, I'm also attempting to learn Lost Woods Virtuoso.

It's hard, but after mastering Lost Woods, the virtuoso is a little bit easier.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Fleetstar The Flygon

Dudeman

I'm currently working on "Wedding Day at Troldhaugen" by Grieg. AWESOME piece.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SuperFireKirby

Open Road by Slightly Stoopid on acoustic guitar

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

^this.

I wish I could play guitar... but I don't have the time/energy to learn.... so I play bass!

Winter

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on April 24, 2011, 09:25:42 AMAh.

The only song I learned from this site-and finished- is Haunted Merry-go-round in Super Mario 64. I stink. :p

I want to learn that.

DrP

Im currently finishing up some Clarinet work, but for Piano im doing Chopin's Valse op. 62 No. 2 in B Minor... just for stuff.