Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: Bespinben on July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM*Desperation, y u no use awesome Japanese title?
I gotta ask about your naming/numbering system. Right now it looks like you're going with the YouTube playlist from PocketMonstersMusic, but today I popped GTI into my 3DS (for the first time in months!) and headed over to my Music Paradise. I noticed this track IS listed as "Despair: Light Arrangement", and a handful of other tracks have different titles as well. Just wondering for the sake of consistency and OCD
(Sadly, I'm only at Master Rank and would need more time than I have available to raise it to Master and unlock the rest of the OST, as I only have 64 songs right now.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on May 01, 2015, 08:45:21 PM[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

Track NameSheet Music                           Japanese                  Transliteration     
{NEW} 016 - Desperation (Light Arrangement)    [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]絶望 ライトアレンジDespair: Light Arrangement

I think I found just the right balance for my videos now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPR5tilwwMM

Quote from: Latios212 on May 02, 2015, 09:31:54 AMI noticed this track IS listed as "Despair: Light Arrangement", and a handful of other tracks have different titles as well. Just wondering for the sake of consistency and OCD
(Sadly, I'm only at Master Rank and would need more time than I have available to raise it to Master and unlock the rest of the OST, as I only have 64 songs right now.)
Oh wonderful! I've been asking around to see if someone could confirm the PocketMonstersMusic playlist names, but I never got anything. You must tell me ALL the names!
(Project File Re-naming gogogogo)

Quote from: braixen1264 on May 02, 2015, 11:16:42 AMBRUH
IT'S BEAUTIFUL
Oh thank you! I'm so glad you like it. I was worried that I was stepping on your toes by doing this, so that's a big relief to me!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Bespinben on May 01, 2015, 08:45:21 PMAww Gurdurr, poor baby...

I went into this one thinking it would just be cleaning up Braixen's arrangement and making it look pretty, but I ended up taking a whole different route all together. Big difference mostly was incorporating all the chimey overtones instead of reducing it to just the fundamental pitches, and various other Bespin-i-fi-ca-tions.

Oh, and I composed a proper ending too yaaaay!

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:

Track NameSheet Music                    Japanese          Transliteration
{NEW} 016 - Desperation (Light Arrangement)    [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]絶望 ライトアレンジDespair: Light Arrangement

Sinister Woods minus the boss violin solo, but yes ;)
Yes!!! Thank you so much. That's exactly what I needed to know. Online translators just never seem to pick-up on syntax all that well.

I wonder, why not use octave clefs instead of the note in the beginning??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

This isn't your average everyday Light-ness... this is, advanced Light-ness

Egad! The things I do for music. I literally hauled my PC all the way to University practice rooms to get a direct audio recording from a Rolland digital piano. Maybe I should get a laptop sometime ^.^
(You might also notice that I wrote "or Celesta" as an alternative to the piano. Unfortunately, those things are quite hard to find these days unless you happen to be in the Harry Potter orchestra.)

{NEW} 017 - Despair: Super Light    [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]絶望 スーパーライト""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJG7GS8KfJU

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Bespinben on May 09, 2015, 02:35:34 PM(You might also notice that I wrote "or Celesta" as an alternative to the piano. Unfortunately, those things are quite hard to find these days unless you happen to be in the Harry Potter orchestra.)

I'ts a nice note, if you happen to play it on an electric piano, since many electric pianos have celesta sounds.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bubbles

Is that you playing? How the hell can you play piano with nails that long >.> mine are little stubs and I physically cannot do anything if they grow beyond that

TheDreamingHawk

FINALLY got some time to listen to the last three arrangements, and I like them a lot, especially the first Despair arrangement. Sounds like a peaceful theme that could help someone fall asleep, like a nice lullaby. Will certainly download these as soon as I can. :)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

No new post in 2 weeks? Agh!
(I did actually do Hope: Light Arrangement 2, but that doesn't count)

I'm really proud of how this one came out. I can picture the different sections portraying the different emotions from the current party of You, the Partner, and the Timburr as you track down Gurdurr. It just fits so well. Can't wait for what musical surprises SuperPMD has in store.

{NEW} 019 - Hazy Pass (Highlands)    [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]カゲロウ峠 高地Heat Haze Pass Highlands

Quote from: Bubbles on May 09, 2015, 04:35:59 PMIs that you playing? How the hell can you play piano with nails that long >.> mine are little stubs and I physically cannot do anything if they grow beyond that
Quote from: Xaoz on May 17, 2015, 03:05:35 PMHorowitz-technique.
It helps with the 11th stretches  ::)
*cough*

Bespinben

Walla!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVfAo0DmtOg

(Now I just need to figure out how to do a link to an external site in annotation so I can siphon everyone to NSM with an in-video click, kekekeke.)

Bespinben

I done did it! I think I totaled some 30 hours on this bad boy  ::) Thankfully I had both the Japanese and English trailers in tandem to piece together this wonderfully thrilling arrangement of the iconic PKMN Mystery Dungeon main theme. Picking out the music from behind the voice-overs was a pain in the butt though.

[3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon:

{NEW} "Title Theme" (Beta)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bespinben/title-theme-beta?in=bespinben/sets/pok-mon-super-mystery-dungeon[/soundcloud]

Dusk

I just printed it out as soon as you told me and tried it to play it on piano very slow. So it was almost impossible to me to imagine how it will sound, cause I'm to lazy to download any mid or mus files. :P
Then me listening to the mp3 via soundcloud...

DAMN, I WANNA PLAY THAT!!!   :o :o :o
Quote from: Bespinben on August 25, 2015, 12:08:51 AMOfficial seal of approval
(^o^)=b
August 25th, 2015

Bespinben

Video is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wB1HAK6n0

Quote from: Dusk on June 05, 2015, 01:28:23 PMI just printed it out as soon as you told me and tried it to play it on piano very slow. So it was almost impossible to me to imagine how it will sound, cause I'm to lazy to download any mid or mus files. :P
Then me listening to the mp3 via soundcloud...
DAMN, I WANNA PLAY THAT!!!   :o :o :o

DUSK!!! Thanks so much :D I guess making a Soundcloud had some benefits after all, keke.

Bespinben

Yes my dear friends, I will still go on with my quest to arrange the Gates to Infinity soundtrack, worry not. I'll just have to multi-task better to keep up with Super Mystery Dungeon as well :D

This is yet another instance of where I feel the beauty of the song was unjustly dwarfed by the instrumentation of the OST. Even my usual virtual playback methods I felt couldn't capture the essence, so I lugged my PC yet again several miles to produce this live cover. Please enjoy!

Track NameSheet Music                 Japanese            Transliteration
{NEW} 020 - Hope: Light Arrangement 1   [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]希望 ライトアレンジ1""

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bespinben/020-hope-light-arrangement-1[/soundcloud]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4QVDiw5fak