News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

And when food gets boring for me, I just add fermented grape juice!! I do drink most of it, though. It always feels nice, and plus I feel like I'm classy with the large glasses!

@Slow, try and convince your father to look at making things that go with summer... you know, burgers, grilled vegetables, even grilled peaches (Those are REALLY good... the natural sugars get caramelized and it is DELICIOUS!)

If you ever come out to California, you know where you can get great food (and that goes for everyone)

Shadoninja

Quote from: Ruto on June 18, 2012, 09:35:10 PMXD Yeah...if I get bored of food at home, I just run to restaurants.

Also mosquitoes >:(
You eat mosquitoes?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

the_last_sheikah

So I work at the concession stand at the baseball field in my town.  Whenever someone orders a hot dog I ask them, "Do you want mustard or ketchup with that?"  I can't stand it when people respond "yes" or "I'll have some ____ if you have it."  The first I can't tell if they want both or just one, the second...if I didn't have it why would I offer it?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Jub3r7

If I offer, "Did you want extra soy sauce or duck sauce?" And they respond, "yes" I ask them "so you want more duck sauce?"
I assume they want the latter but I double check just to make sure.

But I've never gotten the "I've have some ___ if you have it." XD
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Incredibly ditzy asian lady on the phone yesterday.

"Pizza Primo, can I help you?"
"....HELLO?"
"....Pizza Primo, can I help you?"
".........yeah....I'll take a medium cheese."
"Anything else?"
(Ten second pause)
Me (again): "Anything else?"
(Five second pause)
"Aaaah.....no."
"Alright, here's your total and time it'll be ready."
"....okaaay!"
(Hangs up)
One second later, she calls back and I answer.
"Pizza Primo, may I help you?"
"HELLO?"
"PIZZA PRIMO, MAY I HELP YOU?"
"Did we give you an address?"
"....Ma'am, we don't deliver."
"Ohhhhh."
(Long awkward pause)
Me: "....would you like to cancel that, or come pick it up?"
"...Okay!"
(Hangs up)
Me: "WTF"
I call her back.
"HELLO?"
"This is Pizza Primo, would you like to cancel that order or come pick it up?"
"Ahhhh...." (five seconds later) "...Can we cancel it?"

YES. PLEASE DO. -_-
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

When you're blown away by the season finale of a show and then realize you're going to have to wait 10 MONTHS UNTIL THE NEXT SEASON.*le sad*

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

People who stand on escalators. Just walk. It can't hurt you.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 23, 2012, 10:03:58 AMIncredibly ditzy asian lady on the phone yesterday.

"Pizza Primo, can I help you?"
"....HELLO?"
"....Pizza Primo, can I help you?"
".........yeah....I'll take a medium cheese."
"Anything else?"
(Ten second pause)
Me (again): "Anything else?"
(Five second pause)
"Aaaah.....no."
"Alright, here's your total and time it'll be ready."
"....okaaay!"
(Hangs up)
One second later, she calls back and I answer.
"Pizza Primo, may I help you?"
"HELLO?"
"PIZZA PRIMO, MAY I HELP YOU?"
"Did we give you an address?"
"....Ma'am, we don't deliver."
"Ohhhhh."
(Long awkward pause)
Me: "....would you like to cancel that, or come pick it up?"
"...Okay!"
(Hangs up)
Me: "WTF"
I call her back.
"HELLO?"
"This is Pizza Primo, would you like to cancel that order or come pick it up?"
"Ahhhh...." (five seconds later) "...Can we cancel it?"

YES. PLEASE DO. -_-
Customers at the Chinese restaurant I work at do that quite often. XD

...D:
...they're all african american
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

I have some bizarre customers. The only ones who are like impossible to understand are the Indians...I'm like "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING DX"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Quote from: Zunawe on June 23, 2012, 01:30:49 PMPeople who stand on escalators. Just walk. It can't hurt you.
Yes it will.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Zunawe on June 23, 2012, 01:30:49 PMPeople who stand on escalators. Just walk. It can't hurt you.
If I wanted to walk, I would have taken the stairs. I take escalators to rest my tired legs.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zunawe

But. No. It's just that I feel like escalators should be for walking the same distance faster. I'll change it:

People who stand on moving sidewalks and take up the whole space.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Olimar12345

If something is moving someone, why would they walk?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

I'm not lazy. I find it annoying when somebody else obstructs people because they are. I don't mind if they stand, but if they put their luggage next to them so that nobody can get past.

I program things

spitllama

I hate when that happens on those moving walkways in the airport. Those things move slow enough that I don't see the point of waiting for it to take you to the other side (unless I'm the only one who uses them for super speediness?) People standing on them and taking up the whole space is obnoxious, especially when I'm carrying an 80 pound bag on my shoulder and want to set it down at my gate D:
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012