News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

What's your favorite vg-songs on the piano?

Started by fabbemannen, July 26, 2011, 06:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabbemannen

Once again I'm looking for new songs to play on the piano. I did a topic like this earlier, but since I was only looking for a certain type of songs that time, I made a new topic instead of bumping the old one

So...what's your favorite songs to play on the piano (or another instrument)
My own personal favorites should be:
Humoresque of a little dog - Earthbound So fun to play <3 Ragtime at it's best
Going To Where The Wind Blows - Soul Calibur One of the most beautiful songs I know on the piano
Gruntilda's Lair - Banjo Kazooie So much improvisation in this song
Athletic Theme - Super Mario World Playing this at full speed is just great (yes, I can play it)
Overworld - Super Mario Bros 2 The improvisation possibilities! Btw, I choosed Brentalfloss' version since he always inspire me a lot when I play
I got more, but those have to do for now.

Your favorites?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SpoonyBardCanon01

Cerulean City  }   Pokemon Red/Blue
Bike theme     }
The Roost    }   Animal Crossing
Only Me      }
Spinach Rag       }  Final Fantasy series (5/6/7)
Main Theme       }
Melody For Lute  }
Many others       }
Song of Healing          }   Zelda series  (Oot, La)
Dark World                }
Song of Storms          }
Song of Time             }
Ballad of the Windfish }
Many, many others     }
And many, many, MANY others!!!
Does anyone else think that FFII's "Fighting" would sound good in a rock cover?

JDMEK5

Quote from: fabbemannen on July 26, 2011, 06:51:28 AMAthletic Theme - Super Mario World Playing this at full speed is just great (yes, I can play it)

I'd love to see that! I'm learning this too, and I could really use the inspiration!
Say, you're experienced, what's the best way to go around learning to play that?

But back to the original topic at hand, I'd have to say that Dire Dire Docks is way up there on my list of favorites.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FSM-Reapr

"NEW WAVE BOSSA NOVA"
Absolute favorite. So simplistic(?), but yet so wonderful!
I know there are harder and  more epic, like Primal Dialga, but it just dug a hole in my heart and filled it with its awesome melody. <3

Fleetstar The Flygon

Checker Knights - Kirby's Air Ride is my all-time favorite song. It's also the first song I've ever arranged for, though it's poor so I wish I had another piano plus another pianist to play the version on NSM with...

fabbemannen

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 07, 2012, 02:28:26 PMI'd love to see that! I'm learning this too, and I could really use the inspiration!
Say, you're experienced, what's the best way to go around learning to play that?
That song is one of the best examples or training always being the best way to learn. Just practice it over and over again, no other tips.
I got a couple of songs I use to "play" with my fingers while on the bus or just when I'm bored/waiting. Humoresque of a Little Dog, SMW2-Athletic and that one are some of those I normally tap

@fleet I planned on asking someone later on if (s)he wanted to do a duet on that song with me, but I haven't learned the song yet (only a small part).
I'm a little busy with other songs and stuff right now, but maybe later?

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26