News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Finale Help Topic

Started by Ragster2448, October 30, 2011, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster2448

OK, so I'm tired of making a new topic for every question I have.

1 What's the difference between C minor and E flat major?

EDIT: Forget question 2. I screwed something up on my sheet.

Olimar12345

Same key signature, Eb Major starts on Eb and C minor starts on C.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ragster2448

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

fingerz

Also, it depends on if the music sounds harmonic or major. Have you done theory, Ragster?
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

If he hasn't don't overload him!  :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ragster2448

Yeah, that's probably a good idea not to. I get confused VERY easily. :P Thanks though!

I'll probably take a music class my sophomore year. I do need to work on it a lot.

Ragster2448

Hey, is there a Guiro on Finale?

spitllama

I will become a regular visitor to this thread.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

1) When notating percussion, there isn't a "Written in Stone" place on a staff for things like that-you kinda just write the instrument name above or near the rhythm.

2) I have found that sound on a pitched percussion staff by clicking and holding on middle "C" then dragging it up and down. I've seen "Guiro Long" and "Guiro Short".

Ragster2448

spitllama

K this is going to sound really stupid, but what is it called when you play a note lightly, and then quickly move to a different note all within the second note's value. It'd be like going from B to C where the C is an eighth note, and both notes put together still only account for an eighth note's value. An ornament? It's not a trill, it's something else.

EDIT: A rolled dyad perhaps? Idk.

And then, if you were able to interpret that and know what it is, how do you make it on Finale?

Submissions Page

Olimar12345

spitllama

Yes! Thanks so much. Apparently Ctrl + G is a hotkey for that as well
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on December 18, 2011, 03:36:06 PMYes! Thanks so much. Apparently Ctrl + G is a hotkey for that as well

yes that selects the grace note tool. alternatively, you could highlight a note in simple entry and press Ctrl+Alt+G to make the highlighted note a grace note.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman