News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Dragon Quest IX)

Started by K-NiGhT, January 04, 2012, 08:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

Yep. They're being worked on as soon as I finish this paper for 20th Cent.
All of the stuff in my list will be. Then it's onto game composition on the realz.

Zunawe

I could take Omen of Towering Death.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Bump!
This should not be allowed to die!  I don't care that all NSM projects seem to be fated to do so!  I've never even played DQIX, but TZP275 to the rescue as he snatches Come to Our Town from the jaws of death!
Get it going K-NiGhT!

Zunawe

I'm pretty sure some people are just silently working on this. . . I think. I've put my arranging on hold for a while, but I should have Omen done pretty soon after I restart.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Mayor Duffy

You said someone make an entire medley of these songs, does that mean a medley with EVERY song in it??
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be..

Shadoninja

I've been hesitant to arrange anything from this lately since there's an official piano score. I think I'm going to have to drop out of DQIX.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

K-NiGhT

There's a piano score now? Links plz.

If there is, then because of copyright things, I suppose we'll have to drop out of DQIX and move on to something else more well known that people will want to do.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Bespinben

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 27, 2012, 09:14:59 PMThere's a piano score now? Links plz.

If there is, then because of copyright things, I suppose we'll have to drop out of DQIX and move on to something else more well known that people will want to do.

Should we take down all the Pokémon RBY arrangements because there's an out-of-print official piano book for it? Of course not.
Should we tell Ganondorf to stop arranging Kingdom Hearts stuff because there are official piano books for the series? Of course not.

As long as you don't copy from the official version, making your own transcription is fine, which is best done by not looking at the official version at all for ideas.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

pumpy_heart

Oh, there is Shado? Yeah, I'm out too. That kills motivation for these things. As a game composer, I'd want that book to make as much money as possible so maybe someday I can make money too.

K-NiGhT

Well then, let's drop dqix and find a different game to do. any ideas?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

EFitTrainr

I like food.

pumpy_heart

Mother 3 also has a piano book.

Zunawe

Aren't most of the good soundtracks going to have a piano book? It's not like we can't do something just because of that.

I program things

pumpy_heart

You guys go right ahead. I don't want to speak for Shado, but I'm not going to be involved in Mother 3 because it has a piano book. Seems like the same reason Shado dropped IX.

Contra had 0 arrangements on the web that I could find, so I did that entire soundtrack almost 2 years ago now. Choose something like that.

DonValentino

Quote from: pumpy_heart on August 10, 2012, 08:17:13 PMYou guys go right ahead. I don't want to speak for Shado, but I'm not going to be involved in Mother 3 because it has a piano book. Seems like the same reason Shado dropped IX.

BUMP. I drop IX too, but not because of the official book, it's just that I don't really care about it (never liked Dragon Quest really).
If we're going to start a new project, I think a poll with various options would be nice.