Submissions for Next Update - January 2012 - 4 Submissions

Started by The Deku Trombonist, January 13, 2012, 09:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Post a maximum of 4 Submissions, includes new and replacements.

Here are the Formatting Guidelines. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional.

Make 1 post only with links to your Submissions. Your post will be edited with comments. Any conversation regarding arrangements should be kept in arranger's individual post, and any question about updating can be put in the Submissions General Questions Thread or PM'd to either myself or Winter.

There will be no Featured arranger for this update.

Submissions will be closed after there are 10 posts in this thread (40 sheets Max)

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups :)

List of accepted arrangements (Updated constantly):

New:

[NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World - "Museum: Observatory" - MoldyPond
[N64] Banjo-Kazooie - "Rusty Bucket Bay (Aquatic)" - Clanker37
[XBOX360] Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - "Banjoland (Challenge)" - Clanker37
[N64] Banjo-Tooie - "Targitzan: Despotic Dizzy Totem God (Duet)" - Bloop
[PS2] Dark Cloud - "Wise Owl Forest" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Dragon Quest - "Overture" - Commander6
[PSX] Final Fantasy VII - "Highwind Takes to the Skies" - Thomas Wilson
[WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Lava Landing" - Olimar12345
[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "His Name is Fawful" - Dudeman
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 - "Rainbow Road" - Shadoninja
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Metroid Hatchling Theme" - MoldyPond
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Start" - Olimar12345
[N64] Paper Mario - "Over Shiver Mountain" - Bloop
[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Poshley Heights" - Korbin Kiblinger
[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Title Theme" - Korbin Kiblinger
[NDS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Credits" - Shadoninja
[NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - "Viridian Forest" - Clanker37
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Questionnaire" - Bespinben
[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Title Screen" - Bespinben
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Temporal Tower" - Bespinben
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy - "Flying Mario" - The Deku Trombonist
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy - "Library" - The Deku Trombonist
[SNES] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - "World Map" - MoldyPond
[WII] Super Paper Mario - "Francis Battle (Two Pianos)" - Bloop
[WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "The Roost (Two Pianos)" - Korbin Kiblinger
[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons - "Sea of No Return/Skull Pirate Departure"  - MoldyPond
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Faron Woods" - The Deku Trombonist
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lanaryu's Mining Facility - Present" - Thomas Wilson
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lumpy Pumpkin - Day" - Thomas Wilson
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Scrapper's Theme" - Dudeman
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Song of the Hero" - Thomas Wilson
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Enter the Twilight Realm" - The Deku Trombonist

Replacements:

[GBA] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - "Amber Valley" - Shadoninja
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Ancient Chozo Ruins" - Olimar12345
[GCN] Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door - "Shadow Siren Scuffle" - Korbin Kiblinger
[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "In the Hands of Fate" - Bespinben (Replacement)
[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Ordon Village" - Dudeman

Bespinben

[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Temporal Tower" - Bespinben Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Uhh...wow. Ummm... yeah. Ok, now that I've put my jaw back into place :P Perhaps some of the rests could do with hiding. If you hide the score colours (I'm not sure if you've already done this. If not: View->Select Display Colours uncheck the relevant box), then some of the rests seem not to make that much sense. Also, dotted note values. I know some of the not groupings are possibly a little dodgy to avoid cluttering it all up with ties, but in places like 21, 23, 25 (all LH) I think it would be clearer to have the dotted crotchet rest replaced with a crotchet +quaver.

Bespinben: Lol thanks Deku :P Treeckodude made an arrangement of this song about 18 months back before he went inactive, but it hardly reflected the original.

Here are the changes made:

1.) I fixed the rhythm notations errors throughout except at measure 34 in order to avoid collision with layer 4 of the left hand.
2.) I changed the key signature from C Major to G Major based on a conversation I had with pumpy_heart.
3.) I'm not really sure where to start with cleaning up the multitude of rests from various layers. This song is fairly polyphonic throughout, so I need those rests in order to distinguish the different parts. The closest you'll get to monophony in this piece is in measures 21-26.

Winter: I was just looking at this thinking G major would be more fitting. Interesting.

Deku: Alright.

[DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "In the Hands of Fate" - Bespinben (Replacement) Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: For pedal markings, did you know there's a line for those? It can make playback a little smoother in some cases and allows you to better place pedal markings. It's one of the Custom Lines (the symbol with the question mark).

Winter: Can you link me to the original track? The one I had seems to be slightly different.

Bespinben: Here is the original track. The second section of my arrangement where I broaden is loosely based off of the anime orchestration.

Winter: I don't mean to disappoint you, but we need an arrangement of the track from the video game, that means removing the intro, and the second section. even the glissando on bar 20. It's going to have to match the game's original soundtrack. But I still think it's beautiful the way you had it ;)

Bespinben: Sigh... well, thank you Winter for appreciating my former arrangement. I suppose not all's bad since I can still keep that one in my submissions thread ^_^ I've replaced the links above with a faithful transcription of the original.

Deku: I've never been a fan of these new-fangled 8-clefs, but meh :P It can pass

Bespinben: Though not required, I decided based on preference to simply write the right hand melody without ottava. I know from experience that sometimes 8va-clefs are ignored, such as when I first played the Pokémon RBY "Mt. Moon" arrangement from on-site. Only later did I discover tiny little numbers above the clefs.

Deku: Okay

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Title Screen" - Bespinben Mus Midi Pdf

Winter: The Octave mordent (bar 12 and 13) Is barely playable take one note of the right hand's or make it so only the top note does it. Also write in an "a tempo" after the molto rit. to show that the speed picks back up to normal for the performer. Also, what a nostalgic song, I might have to learn this.

Bespinben: You know you made a good arrangement when an admin wants to learn it :3 All silliness aside, it makes me happy to see that you might want to learn this (it's my favorite DS game if you couldn't tell by now).
I omitted the bottom notes of the former octave mordents. I can't even hear a difference since the melody was already tripled on the octave, so it's a win-win (easier to play and sounds the same). "A tempo" was also added in. By the way, I was concerned about key signature, as measure 7-9 and 18-19 seem to tend towards Eb Major (3 flats).

Deku: Yup.

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team - "Questionnaire" - Bespinben Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: About the little paragraph at the top of pg 1: It's a little to niche-y for what we're aiming for here (if that makes sense). So if it can be changed so that it's playable on most pianos, that'd be good. Also, Winter thinks that having 3 staves is unneccesary.

Bespinben: I combined the 2 LH bass clef staves into 1 as I discovered that I could easily avoid stem collision by using the "l" button XD. Additionally, I modified the arrangement so that it could be played by all pianos (I understood very well what you meant by "niche"). I did this by making the arrangement "Leo"-oriented as opposed to "sost."-oriented (for specifics, see .mus).

Deku: Yup
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "The Roost" (2 Pianos) - spitllama Zip

Deku: Yay, good one :)

[GCN] Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door - "Title Theme" - spitllama Zip

Deku: There are some crazy overlapping hands going on at the start which need to be fixed. Also, perhaps you could get rid of the 3/4 bar at the end and put a pause (fermata) over the previous bar? It'll look tidier and it won't really be noticeable because long notes tend to decay on the piano anyway.

spit: Wow fail. Fixed.

Winter: I approve it with the changes made. Waitin' for Dekutree.

Deku: Can you simplify the LH at the start to 16ths?

spit: Now it's kind of inaccurate but I suppose playability is more important. Fixed.

[GCN] Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door - "Poshley Heights" - spitllama Zip

Winter: It seems like from 13+ there is some more bells you could add on. and the 3/4 measure has a grace note on beat 2. There's other things, but I suggest you take another look/listen through. It could be fixed up.

spit: Fixed. Much better now.

Deku: The RH in the first bar could so with some fixing up. If it wasn't for the left hand beneath showing where the notes fall, I'd say the right hand was a bar of 4/8. Also, the last 'chord' in the right hand is unplayable. Similar kind of weird layering thing going on in the last 2 bars. It's alright to hide useless rests, but you should generally aim to have 1 complete layer (rests and all) going through the bar.

spit: K done

Deku: Ok

[GCN] Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door - "Shadow Siren Scuffle" - spitllama (Replacement) Zip (Previously named "Shadow Siren Battle")

Winter: The first measure right hand is waaay off. Try again. Aaand... the rest seems pretty good, just toss in some 8vb so that you aren't using all those leger in the second half. Let's also see what Deku has to say. I always miss something X)

spit: I'm not hearing the first measure :/, could've sworn the FIRST one was wrong and this one was right...
Fixed up a few things.

Winter: I guess I just screwed that up, it's mostly right, I just didn't hear the first A. And the 8vb applies to the octaves before that too. :)

spit: Le-fixed

Deku: The first interval of bar 18 is unplayable. What do you want done with the C? Don't worry about re-uploading, it's probably not worth it ;)

spit: Noooo I don't know when the next update will be. I need to get that bad version off of the site lol. Fixed.

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

pumpy_heart

[PSX] Final Fantasy VII - "Highwind Takes to the Skies" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi

Deku: I shrunk the number of pages a little. All good.

pumpy: Sweet, thanks.

Adding these by requests.
[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lanaryu's Mining Facility - Present" - Thomas Wilson MUS MIDI

Deku: I dunno about the repeat notation thingy (I've got no idea what it's called). I'll ask some other staff members.

pumpy: It's normally used with percussion parts, but also seems to have become very usable in band music, particularly in marches. I haven't personally seen a piano part with a measure repeat signs, but I'm sure they exist. It saves a lot of spaces and wasted notation.

Deku: I've seen it on percussion parts before, but not on anything I've personally played. Anyway, nevermind, it's all good.

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lumpy Pumpkin - Day" - Thomas Wilson MUS MIDI

Deku: Ok, and fixed the things you said. The colliding note thing, I went to Tools->Advanced Tools->Special Tools->Note Mover and moved the notes. This one only works in full Finale though, I dunno what version you've got.

pumpy: I have full Finale 2011, so I'll definitely remember this. Thanks!

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Song of the Hero" - Thomas Wilson MUS Midi

Deku: Ok, fixed the collision thingy, same way as Lumpy Pumpkin.

Olimar12345

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Lava Landing" - Olimar12345

Deku: I dunno about that 12/16 section. I don't really see why it can't be left in 6/8.

Olimar: the 12/16 section emphasizes the 4 groups of 3 sixteenth notes. 6/8 would emphasize the sixteenth notes in two groups of six, with two 16ths per beat. That would be incorrect.

Deku: Hehe, I knew you'd say that. Whatever.

Olimar: I love music theory :)

[GB] Metroid II - "Start" - Olimar12345

Deku: OK

[GB] Metroid II - "Title Screen" - Olimar12345 (Replacement)

Deku: Any chance you could be a little more specific about which scales/scale patterns. Like a key perhaps or something?

Olimar: I added to the text that it should be something along the lines of the B Octatonic scale.

Deku: Errr...did you upload it?

Olimar: If you think thats fine I will.

Deku: Sure

Olimar: Updated.

[GB] Metroid II - "Ancient Chozo Ruins" - Olimar12345 (Replacement)

Deku: OK

NEW: .Zip

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

[3DS]Mario Kart 7 - Rainbow Road

[NDS]Pokemon Diamond Pearl Platinum - Credits

Deku: Ok.

[PS2]Dark Cloud - Wise Owl Forest

[GBA]Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Amber Valley (Replacement)

ZIP
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

MoldyPond

[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons - "Sea of No Return/Skull Pirate Departure"  - MoldyPond

Deku: This could do with some staccatos, especially the bits with 16ths followed by 16th rests. They could be re-written as staccato 8ths and it looks much better and sounds the same. As well as some other notes around the place.

MoldyPond: Hehe, I think I may have gone a bit overboard on the staccatos, but I think it sounds better now.

Deku: Nah, that's not overboard, nowhere near it  ;) Good job

[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Metroid Hatchling Theme" - MoldyPond

Deku: Rhythms could do with a little cleaning up, eg in measure 8 the quarter note needs to be two 8ths tied together because of the time signature.

MoldyPond: I've looked over it a couple of times, and I just can't see how to fix it properly. Thus, it is not included in the new ZIP folder.

Deku: Basically, 6/8 is made up of 2 groups of 3 quavers, and so the way the notes are grouped should reflect that. Check it out when the update goes up, I'll fix that up.

[DS] Animal Crossing: Wild World - "Museum: Observatory" - MoldyPond

Deku: Same thing as your first submission with staccatos.

MoldyPond: Fixed

[N64] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - "World Map" - MoldyPond (Replacement)

MoldyPond: Fixed the dynamics.

Deku: Errr..whoops, I meant to say that same thing about staccatos in this one too. Nevermind, I'll edit them in.

In general:
1) Dynamics beneath both staves is not necessary, and isn't generally used unless you want the 2 hands at noticeably different dynamics.
2) I'm pretty sure all those songs aren't forte/fortissimo. Fortissimo is supposed to be nearly as loud as possible. Be creative!  ;)

New ZIP Folder
Moldy and The Ponds

triforced1

[NES] Final Fantasy II - "Battle 1" - triforced1 (Replacement) [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Winter: Measures 18, 19, 22, and 23 could be made a tad more playable. Maybe by removing the bottom note of a few of the chords. Mess around with it.

Also put a repeat. Give it a key signature. Use Dynamics. Use articulations. Clean up the accidentals. Put a tempo marking. Try not to copy from midis. Fix the first arpeggio and make it playable.

Yeah That's the short way of putting it.

Dudeman

[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons - "The Black Tower": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Winter: Aside from looking bad, it's not possible. Sounds alright though.

Dudeman: I got rid of the overlapping whole note in the last measure, but that's all I see. Can you be more specific?

Winter: I would if the link worked.

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Scrapper's Theme": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "His Name is Fawful": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Deku: Ok, but what is this replacing? I don't see a version of this on the site.

Dudeman: ...hey, you're right! Where'd Olimar's original one go? Its the whole reason I made this one!
Okay, its no longer a replacement.

Deku: Err...whoops, I just realised the Mus file doesn't work (I'm getting an invalid file type error). Can you re-upload it?

Dudeman: Fixed! Should be good to go now!

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Ordon Village (Replacement)": [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Deku: The sheet could do with some cleaning up towards the end with overlapping stems, notes, rests, whatever, etc
Also, from measure 37, it's based around Cminor/Gminor heading back towards C eventually. So most of those need to be flats, not sharps (but not all, as G minor has an F#).

Dudeman: Fixed.

Deku: Ok. Made a couple of small changes at Winter's suggestion
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Clanker37

[N64] Banjo-Kazooie - Rusty Bucket Bay (Aquatic) [MIDI] [MUS] [PDF]

Deku: This is in Cminor, the Cb's need to be B naturals, in general. But judge it on a case by case basis. Most accompaniment in B-K music forms nice friendly major or minor chords/arpeggios. Also, some wrong notes in the left hand in the second page. And a bit of a tidy up would be kinda cool too.

Clanker: Better? [MID] [MUS] [MUS]

Deku: Yeah alright. I cleaned up some of the pedal markings a bit.

[NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Viridian Forest [MIDI] [MUS] [PDF]

Deku: Needs a tempo marking, fix the copyright at the bottom of the page, measure 8 RH is untidy and some of the rhythm groupings need to be fixed up.

Clanker: Bah. I can't belive I was so stupid. [MID] [MUS] [PDF] Any better?

Deku: Yep

[XBOX360] Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts - Banjoland- Challenge [MIDI] [MUS] [PDF]

Deku:Uh, a few things on this one, a couple of wrong notes around the place, overlapping parts in the section starting at measure 12. It's really long and I'm getting kinda tired...

Clanker: It's OK. I redid it. I hope this time it's correct.[MID] [MUS] [PDF]

Deku: I popped the melody in the Mad Monster Mansion bit up and octave to avoid some awkward inter-hand things ;)

[XBOX360] Banjo-Kzaooie Nuts & Bolts - Banjoland [MIDI] [MUS] [PDF]

Deku: I think Winter had another arrangement of this which he's been meaning to upload for a while. I haven't seen it yet, so I'll compare them when he gets it to me.

Clanker: OK. BTW Deku, thanks for this.

Deku: I'll worry about this after this update goes up, it's just gonna take too much time. If yours is the better one, I'll throw it in free of charge! (in other words it won't count towards a normal submission because it's my fault).

Winter: "KZAOOIE!"  bless you...

Meta-Ridley

I don't know how to do the hyperlink-naming thingys like you do, so i'm just going to have to give you the full url.

[WII] Metroid Prime Trilogy "Title Theme"
mus: http://www.mediafire.com/?6oroj7rc47aoctb
mid:http://www.mediafire.com/?p29013odvyshh4a
pdf: http://www.mediafire.com/?yl99bvbl9h99w4b

Deku: Errr...got a YT link to an original. Also, pick a game for it to be put under, I'm not putting it under all 3.

[WII] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: "Gandrayda Battle Theme" (replacement)
mus: http://www.mediafire.com/?j0dkj7kfzzyhary
mid:http://www.mediafire.com/?loud761dxuv84u5
pdf: http://www.mediafire.com/?20k1bfrr4m2xd8c

Deku: Olimar's also got a replacement of this. I'll compare them after this update because it's gonna take a while...

Bloop

[N64] Banjo-Tooie - "Cloud Cuckoo Land" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Some of the left hand chords are off, and there are no dynamics.

Bloop: I'll fix those asap.

Bloop: Mostly fixed I hope

Deku: Umm, still a couple that sound off. Perhaps take a look at Nacho's arrangement for 2 pianos?

[N64] Banjo-Tooie - "Targitzan, the Despotic Dizzy Totem God (Duet)" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Just a question, is this meant to be for 1 piano or 2? Because the notes seem to be spread out in a way that would work for a duet on 1 piano.

Bloop: It's meant for 1 piano. Same as Francis Battle/

Deku: Could you change them so that the parts go from highest to lowest? ie two treble staves in piano 1 and two bass staves in piano 2? That's how duets are usually set out.

Bloop: fixed.

[N64] Paper Mario - "Over Shiver Mountain" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Something about the chords doesn't sound quite right.

Bloop: Can you tell me what doesn't sound good? I don't have the same ears as you do.

Bloop: I added a dynamic and fixed some notes in the right hand, the chords actually sound fine to me.

Deku: In bars 10 and 12, the LH chord needs an F# instead of a G (all the chords are exact transpositions of each other). And something else but I'm being kicked off the computer :(

Bloop: Fixed.

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Francis Battle" - Bloop Mus Midi Pdf

Deku: Same question as Targitzan. We tend to prefer Duets for 1 piano because they're more accessible and more likely to be played.

Bloop: Hm, I think I'll keep this one for 2 piano's because it can be confusing for the trebles (fast-paced 16ths or something) and the overlapping notes.

Winter said he would move this post -,- Why you didn't?

Winter: Forgot.

Winter

11 posts, 39 submissions.

Regardless..... Submissions are closed, and topic is locked, you can still edit your posts.

Submissions=Closed

MoldyPond

So are the admins like super busy or something? There hasn't been an update to this since January 21st.
Moldy and The Ponds

Winter

Reply #2 edited February 2nd.

Me and Deku have both worked on it since the start of this month. Slightly. Yeah we could be considered busy. xD