News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I see your guys' relationship kind of like PMD partners
unmotivated

Dudeman

Cash, not to tread on your experiences, but is it really necessary to post everything you've ever found attractive about Sara? It's really coming across as creepy and is probably breaching her privacy. Like, it's not really your business to publicly tell everyone about her life, especially if you're using her real name (which is likely). I don't think she'd be very happy to know that someone was publicly blogging about her private experiences with some guy.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dudeman on May 12, 2017, 08:18:35 PMCash, not to tread on your experiences, but is it really necessary to post everything you've ever found attractive about Sara? It's really coming across as creepy and is probably breaching her privacy. Like, it's not really your business to publicly tell everyone about her life, especially if you're using her real name (which is likely). I don't think she'd be very happy to know that someone was publicly blogging about her private experiences with some guy.
You don't see me calling Pikachu by her real name. Or talking about her private life. Heck, I haven't even talked about her since that one long post I made here. It is a bit rude to tell everyone about her life without her consent.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

THC, please stop turning every post into an opportunity to talk about yourself, thanks.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dudeman on May 12, 2017, 08:25:41 PMTHC, please stop turning every post into an opportunity to talk about yourself, thanks.
The last sentence wasn't about me. And everyone knows the last sentence is the most important sentence. Besides, I hate talking about myself.

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on May 12, 2017, 08:25:41 PMTHC, please stop turning every post into an opportunity to talk
though that's not really fair I kind of do the same thing
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on May 12, 2017, 08:18:35 PMCash, not to tread on your experiences, but is it really necessary to post everything you've ever found attractive about Sara? It's really coming across as creepy and is probably breaching her privacy. Like, it's not really your business to publicly tell everyone about her life, especially if you're using her real name (which is likely). I don't think she'd be very happy to know that someone was publicly blogging about her private experiences with some guy.
It seems to me like the root of this is that Cash is really overthinking things. And, let me just say, taking such an analytical approach to people is not something you want to do. Trust me on this one.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on May 12, 2017, 08:27:03 PMThe last sentence wasn't about me. And everyone knows the last sentence is the most important sentence. Besides, I hate talking about myself.
THC, I'm serious. Every time somebody posts about something going on in their life, you find it necessary to hijack that conversation by changing the subject to your situation instead of talking about theirs. It's one thing to bring up similar experiences on the side to back up a point, it's another entirely to shift the conversation towards you. It's getting old, and I know I'm not the only one who's feeling this. If you could go ten posts without hijacking someone's conversation, that'd be great.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dudeman on May 12, 2017, 08:30:31 PMTHC, I'm serious. Every time somebody posts about something going on in their life, you find it necessary to hijack that conversation by changing the subject to your situation instead of talking about theirs. It's one thing to bring up similar experiences on the side to back up a point, it's another entirely to shift the conversation towards you. It's getting old, and I know I'm not the only one who's feeling this. If you could go ten posts without hijacking someone's conversation, that'd be great.
I didn't realize I was doing that. I'm sorry. I was being serious. I wasn't trying to take the conversation away from cash. I guess I'll just let the rest play out. I'll just watch.

mikey

of note:
you started every sentence of that post with "I"
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

Cash, I know you won't like what I'm about to say but you need to let go. In fact, it would probably be best if you avoided Sara for a while (maybe a week or 2). You need to be able to come to terms with your emotions and find a way to deal with them without Sara around. I was in a similar situation once and it wasn't fun. I began to notice a pattern of being happy when I was around this person and worse and worse devastation when we were apart. The more I hung out with her, the worse it got. This sounds like what's happening with you. Simply take a break from the situation to reassess the situation. You'll feel much better about yourself.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 12, 2017, 08:44:21 PMCash, I know you won't like what I'm about to say but you need to let go. In fact, it would probably be best if you avoided Sara for a while (maybe a week or 2). You need to be able to come to terms with your emotions and find a way to deal with them without Sara around. I was in a similar situation once and it wasn't fun. I began to notice a pattern of being happy when I was around this person and worse and worse devastation when we were apart. The more I hung out with her, the worse it got. This sounds like what's happening with you. Simply take a break from the situation to reassess the situation. You'll feel much better about yourself.
I'm not sure if complete deprivation is a good idea, but it would definitely help to do a mental reassessment of the situation and "simmer down" a bit, so to say.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Trainer Ave

You may be right BDS. In my situation I needed to avoid the girl I had feelings for for a month. Of course I had been steadily falling down the rabbit hole for about 2 years.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 12, 2017, 08:36:27 PMof note:
you started every sentence of that post with "I"
Hahaha I'm way too self centred in conversations and I consciously take note of how many sentences I start with I. Side note: I am fully aware of what I just did.

On topic, by the way you talk about her (extensively to strangers...) Sara's nowhere near as great as you think she is. You've rambled about her enough for me to notice that you are fixated upon little actions that might mean she likes you rather than her as a human being. I don't desire to draw the personal experience card but I was in a similar situation for years and as soon as you realise what you're actually doing/feeling you'll leave her alone and both be happier.

And THC you're a great bud buddy but diedman has a point whoops
innit

cashwarrior1

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on May 12, 2017, 08:44:21 PMCash, I know you won't like what I'm about to say but you need to let go. In fact, it would probably be best if you avoided Sara for a while (maybe a week or 2). You need to be able to come to terms with your emotions and find a way to deal with them without Sara around. I was in a similar situation once and it wasn't fun. I began to notice a pattern of being happy when I was around this person and worse and worse devastation when we were apart. The more I hung out with her, the worse it got. This sounds like what's happening with you. Simply take a break from the situation to reassess the situation. You'll feel much better about yourself.
I dunno, last time I tried to do this, Sara was really worried about me. Plus, I don't really have anybody else I want to talk and hang out with. Actually, scratch that, I have another friend who's starting to hang out with me more than before, I'll hang out with her more. It's honestly going to be difficult to try and tone down when she is always trying to be around me, she's going to think I hate her, which is the last thing I want. I can try though, and we'll see how this week goes.