News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: GreekGeek on February 12, 2012, 10:44:12 AM^ I know there are people who like me the way I am, but these are not the people I fall in love with usually. And even if I do, the feeling's never mutual.

Point is, most guys I fall in love with, are superficial bitches, only looking at what's on the outside. But never mind, enough of this whining of mine.

That's sad...I guess I've heard this before from this blogger (Jesse Bering) I sometimes read from.

---

I acted in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" back in high school. I played Quince -.- which if I recall correctly, was one of the clowns...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

*Actors, XD.

Anyways, I guess I'm sorta looking for a relationship right now but not really trying at all?  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

GreekGeek

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 13, 2012, 12:47:48 PM*Actors, XD.

Anyways, I guess I'm sorta looking for a relationship right now but not really trying at all?  :P

That's good, since relationships are usually coming when you aren't expecting it at all and when you mostly need it. Things will be well =)

Ruto

Quote from: GreekGeek on February 13, 2012, 02:11:49 PMThat's good, since relationships are usually coming when you aren't expecting it at all and when you mostly need it. Things will be well =)

Haha, exactly. Just when you stop looking at someone like some kind of object xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

GreekGeek

Quote from: Ruto on February 13, 2012, 04:54:56 PMHaha, exactly. Just when you stop looking at someone like some kind of object xD

I still do to be perfectly honest. Maybe that's why *goes in reconsideration*

DrP

Im sort of looking but not trying. I just dont have time for a relationship.

Though there are these girls who sit next to me in music... any of them will suffice.

spitllama

Ok what the hell. Seriously somebody tell me if I'm overreacting.

Told my gf we were going out to dinner tonight. Went to town over the weekend to get a couple things to give as a gift, paying drivers along the way to get me there. Got a pretty thoughtful gift for her based on an inside joke and wrote on a card, all that stuff you're supposed to do. Overall, I'm trying to say I put a lot of work into it.

What do I get?

A chocolate bar.

But not just any chocolate bar- a Hershey's chocolate bar. The thing wasn't even wrapped. She just handed it to me.

Now granted, she did say how wonderful of an evening it was, she apologized that it wasn't as planned out, and she did thank me for it all afterwards. I don't really know what to think. But I know my college student bank account is certainly not happy. Bah. I'm not basing our relationship based on the things we get, but it just seemed very odd.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

KefkaticFanatic

If you're going to make a big deal over a single instance like this which sure seems like a small slip, then you're doing it wrong.

me irl
[close]

spitllama

I guess it just tells me that she didn't care too much. That's all. Didn't put any time into it.
Submissions Page

SlowPokemon

Not that she didn't care enough...more like you cared a little too much. It's not a bad thing, but it's nothing to freak out over.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ETFROXX

That does sound pretty sucky though, I'll admit.

My boyfriend doesn't care for Valentine's Day, I've known this. Never expected him to do anything. But last year around this time I was talking about how I had always gotten flowers for the past few years on Valentine's Day. He said he'd send me some the next (this) year. I'm not that surprised he forgot and I don't plan on saying anything because it's not really a big deal.. but it kind of sucks. :/ Maybe I'm just expecting too much. It's not like he doesn't make me feel loved every day otherwise.

spitllama

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 14, 2012, 06:04:00 PMThat does sound pretty sucky though, I'll admit.

My boyfriend doesn't care for Valentine's Day, I've known this. Never expected him to do anything. But last year around this time I was talking about how I had always gotten flowers for the past few years on Valentine's Day. He said he'd send me some the next (this) year. I'm not that surprised he forgot and I don't plan on saying anything because it's not really a big deal.. but it kind of sucks. :/ Maybe I'm just expecting too much. It's not like he doesn't make me feel loved every day otherwise.

This may be the part I was forgetting.
Submissions Page

MaestroUGC

Rule No. 1 - Expect nothing.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Wrydryn

Quote from: spitllama on February 14, 2012, 05:35:10 PMOk what the hell. Seriously somebody tell me if I'm overreacting.

Told my gf we were going out to dinner tonight. Went to town over the weekend to get a couple things to give as a gift, paying drivers along the way to get me there. Got a pretty thoughtful gift for her based on an inside joke and wrote on a card, all that stuff you're supposed to do. Overall, I'm trying to say I put a lot of work into it.

What do I get?

A chocolate bar.

But not just any chocolate bar- a Hershey's chocolate bar. The thing wasn't even wrapped. She just handed it to me.

Now granted, she did say how wonderful of an evening it was, she apologized that it wasn't as planned out, and she did thank me for it all afterwards. I don't really know what to think. But I know my college student bank account is certainly not happy. Bah. I'm not basing our relationship based on the things we get, but it just seemed very odd.

At least you didn't get a potato.

spitllama

I've never really agreed with that rule. I think the full one is "give 100% and expect nothing in return." A relationship is meant to be mutually beneficial, so aren't there natural expectations that go with that? I can't think of one that's otherwise. Following that rule seems like it'd be like reading a fantasy tale.

Wry you got a potato?
Submissions Page