News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Hmm, I personally don't think you should stay with her if you don't feel comfortable anymore. From my experience, people change, and it lasts for a couple of weeks, max a couple of months... and then it's as if they didn't change at all. At the same time, I don't think someone should change for the sake of a relationship, but that's beside the point. Plus if you've already given her a chance before, and you really don't feel like she deserves another one... and yeah, she was obviously gonna realize now that you said you want to take a break. I guess talking to her could be a good idea too.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

If she's hurting you, it's not worth it. Don't let anyone guilt trip you into staying in a relationship.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MassiveMayhem

Thanks guys.

It's just, I'm what you call "too nice." No matter who it is, I ALWAYS care for others before myself. And obviously that can get me in trouble. Its something I can't help, I'm not the type of guy that thinks only of himself. It's very complicated between us. I'm incredibly confused and terrified.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Nebbles

Never be afraid to walk away from toxic people in your life. It may hurt at first, but you'll be happier.

Roz~

I know someone who was very unhappy in his relationship; basically he didn't love his girlfriend anymore, but he didn't want to hurt her, so he didn't want to break up with her. It lasted for months. They were both very unhappy, and when his girlfriend had enough she dumped him. This is pretty much the worst thing one could do. You end up hurting yourself and your partner by not trying to hurt them, and it just makes the whole thing worse.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Yugi

Wait a bit first, this might be a small change in personality for your girlfriend and might only be for a short period of time. If she hasn't changed after a few weeks, then break up.

SlowPokemon

Don't listen to the thirteen year old. I've been hearing about this for a few months and it doesn't really sound like a healthy relationship :/ it sounds like she's constantly prioritizing others before you and frequently ignores you, sometimes overreacting to small things too. It's a decision you ultimately have to make yourself.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

Why are people who have no experience over relationships trying to give advice to others who have?

-__________________________-

Jompa

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on May 07, 2013, 09:01:55 PMI don't think she deserves another chance.
There you have it^

And congratulations SFK!
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 08, 2013, 05:14:39 AMWhy are people who have no experience over relationships trying to give advice to others who have?

-__________________________-

Hey now, I don't have any experience but I have talked with him extensively about this.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

Well I meant these youngsters we have here. :P

Nebbles

I haven't had any experience either but I can still offer advice...

MaestroUGC

There is nothing good that comes from a toxic relationship. It's better to end it now while you are taking a break than to get back together for a few weeks to end it anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MassiveMayhem

The thing is FSM I find that the ones who have never been in any kind of relationship give the best advice. Mostly because they're the observers and understand a lot more.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 08, 2013, 04:05:19 AMDon't listen to the thirteen year old. I've been hearing about this for a few months and it doesn't really sound like a healthy relationship :/ it sounds like she's constantly prioritizing others before you and frequently ignores you, sometimes overreacting to small things too. It's a decision you ultimately have to make yourself.
I guess relationships are something I shouldn't try to give advice with?