News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

But without marriage there's no real commitment?
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

Um, yeah there is. You don't need to be married be committed. In fact, I'd argue non-marital lifelong partners are far more committed to each other because they don't have marriage as a crutch to keep them together. My cousin has been with his girlfriend for, I think, 14 years now and all is going well for them.

Though I think we need to think of a better term for people who are in a lifelong relationship but aren't married that's better than life partner, since that's usually just the PC term used to describe gay relationships/marriages, and girlfriend/boyfriend seems far too juvenile.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

I feel like marriage discourages cheating more than just a relationship. I don't have any statistics on that, but yah.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

Something like 95% of all married people have had at least one extra-marital affair.

So no.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

I'm seeing anywhere between 20% and 50%, this being just one of those sources.

Stats plz.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

Marriage gives legal protection, rights and tax breaks. Lol SFK :DDDD

Funny thing was, there was an article about a polygamist on Yahoo's front page today and the most concern was how the tax forms would look like if the single legally married couple of the household could afford all the 17/25 children still living with them.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Ruto

Ohh this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infidelity#Incidence

The last ones says:

Relationships: 30-40%
Marriages: 18-20%

Of course there are lots of problems with this. First, what counts as infidelity (flirting with someone at the workplace might not be considered by some, doing stuff with a dirty magazine, chatting online, etc) and deciding if there is any kind of factor to correct for when it comes to marriage..xD How awkward. But whether or not marital status has anything to do with changing a person's behavior/feelings towards others that they consider attractive, I'd have to say that it won't.

SuperFireKirby

Eh, I think I might have been citing a different statistic relating to infidelity. Dunno, considering I did zero research before making that estimate other than the old "I think I read this somewhere".

Ruto

It's okay because I believed you at first XDDDDDDDD

ETFROXX

*A wild etf appears*

Jumping on the marriage topic, I want to be married one day.

If we're going to be together forever, or plan to be, whatever. Why not? Legal benefits!

That being said, I'M FUCKING TERRIFIED. Don't tell Dan, k. I want to get married one day, I know it. BUT I'M SO SCARED. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY. It's terrifying putting a ring on it and knowing that if I have to I can't get out. Even if I believe completely that we'll always be able to talk about things and such. There's just something scary about it. Idk. I'm all over the place, sorry.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 10, 2014, 12:12:27 AMthat if I have to I can't get out.

last I recall ring =/= blood pact unbreakable by space or time ._.;;

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 10, 2014, 12:12:27 AM*A wild etf appears*

Jumping on the marriage topic, I want to be married one day.

If we're going to be together forever, or plan to be, whatever. Why not? Legal benefits!

That being said, I'M FUCKING TERRIFIED. Don't tell Dan, k. I want to get married one day, I know it. BUT I'M SO SCARED. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY. It's terrifying putting a ring on it and knowing that if I have to I can't get out. Even if I believe completely that we'll always be able to talk about things and such. There's just something scary about it. Idk. I'm all over the place, sorry.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRDrz53Q1E
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ETFROXX

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on February 10, 2014, 12:36:55 AMlast I recall ring =/= blood pact unbreakable by space or time ._.;;

No, but it makes it a lot harder. DIVORCE TAKES TIME.

Roz~

^Civil union. Problem solved.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.