News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dude on October 01, 2014, 04:37:53 PMi think slows definition fits mael more than it does any other shy person in the world, haha

But not all shy people are awful, OK?
I'm not even sure what slow said.....
And I'd say most shy people are different online.... :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dude on October 01, 2014, 04:37:53 PMi think slows definition fits mael more than it does any other shy person in the world, haha

But not all shy people are awful, OK?

All people are awful though, no? And mael in ways who we are online is more real than who we are outside the Internet tbh ;o
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 01, 2014, 06:17:46 PMAll people are awful though, no?
This is what that last part was addressing. I think this kind of view on people is cynical (and, on a more personal level, wrong).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 01, 2014, 03:18:46 PMThis is where you lost me. And make no mistake, most shy people are incredibly self centered and whiny. You don't need to like yourself to care about yourself, and certainly not to feel sorry for yourself.

As much as I hate to say it, slow is right. Shy people generally don't want to be shy, so when they're alone all the time, the only thing on their mind is how terrible and lonely their life is. Of course, there are situations where people actually don't want to socialize, in which case, while they won't be whiny, they're self centered as all hell to think that they're better than/don't need other people.

I think this is rubbing off the wrong way though. Introverted people aren't bad people, they're just stuck in a cyclical cynical mind set.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on October 01, 2014, 06:51:55 PMAs much as I hate to say it, slow is right. Shy people generally don't want to be shy, so when they're alone all the time, the only thing on their mind is how terrible and lonely their life is. Of course, there are situations where people actually don't want to socialize, in which case, while they won't be whiny, they're self centered as all hell to think that they're better than/don't need other people.

I think this is rubbing off the wrong way though. Introverted people aren't bad people, they're just stuck in a cyclical cynical mind set.
That is a very extreme generalization.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

because all introverts have identical personalities

Maybe YOU fellas have this opinion of yourselves, but I actually agree with BDS for a change, in that you're making really broad generalizations a personality trait that covers a HUGE scope.

But what can I expect from a bunch of stuck up, self-centered, cynical, SHY people. <sarcasm btw

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

This is almost a derail but it's still on topic.
Bubbles' question is answered guys, let's go home.
unmotivated

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 01, 2014, 07:33:30 PMbecause all introverts have identical personalities

Maybe YOU fellas have this opinion of yourselves, but I actually agree with BDS for a change, in that you're making really broad generalizations a personality trait that covers a HUGE scope.

But what can I expect from a bunch of stuck up, self-centered, cynical, SHY people. <sarcasm btw

Ily
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

MaestroUGC

Be careful not to confuse an introvert for being shy. You can have shy extroverts too, people who do very well in social situations but aren't good with new people/things. Whereas typical introverts do very well one-on-one/small groups and in areas they have interests in.

Also, no, not all shy/introverted/quiet people are self-centered. It's just to which degree they get excited about certain subjects. I guarantee you if you were to approach this guy about something he really enjoys (hobbies, sports, area of study, himself) he'll probably perk up if he's just introverted.

If not then you might intimidate or otherwise make him uncomfortable for whatever reason.

Long story short, don't force him out of his bubble, he'll come out when he's ready.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

Replace the word "shy" with the word "loner." I don't think we're talking about the same thing. People who are simply not comfortable in unfamiliar situations is not what I'm getting at. I'll agree, My use of the word introvert was probably inappropriate, as it really doesn't pertain to what I'm talking about.

FireArrow

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 01, 2014, 08:09:01 PMLong story short, don't force him out of his bubble, he'll come out when he's ready.

Sorry for the double post, but this is not the way to handle it. Doing this will only make him think you're not interested. I can't remember who, but someone already hit the bulls-eye.

He WANTS to talk to you, he's just afraid to. Your positive social ques will fly right over his head, and any negative ones he's gonna misinterpret and take to heart. So approach him in a way that doesn't give him the chance to misunderstand your intentions.

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on October 01, 2014, 08:29:57 PMSorry for the double post, but this is not the way to handle it. Doing this will only make him think you're not interested. I can't remember who, but someone already hit the bulls-eye.
It was probably SFK
He's got this down to heart, apparently
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Yeah, I was mostly posting for the group in general, not just you Fire. I can't say I deal with any introverted/shy people aside from myself on a daily basis, so i'm not a real authority on the issue.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 01, 2014, 08:33:38 PMI can't say I deal with any introverted/shy people aside from myself
I find this funny
It just makes sense
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 01, 2014, 08:33:38 PMYeah, I was mostly posting for the group in general, not just you Fire. I can't say I deal with any introverted/shy people aside from myself on a daily basis, so i'm not a real authority on the issue.

Well, most of my blabbering comes from experience as a person with aspergers syndrome, so it's pretty frivolous for me to assume that it would apply to other people. You're probably just as qualified (if not a thousand times more cuz Maestro wisdom) as I am. :3

I do have to say though, the guy in bubbles situation is literally me. That's pretty much what I do every time I try to make friends/have a crush on someone. The whole "why doesn't he talk to me even though I've already established myself on talking terms with him" comes from a blurring and misunderstanding of social thresholds.