News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

These letters come across as borderline stalker-ish.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

"the honor to learn you more"
unmotivated

FierceDeity

The fact that there are three individual instances of laughter followed by an ellipse is particularly funny to me.

braix

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 10, 2014, 06:46:48 AMThe fact that there are three individual instances of laughter followed by an ellipse is particularly funny to me.
LOL...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Might as well post here because I do have some relevant stuff going on, even if it's a jumbled mess:

-This one girl in a friend group of mine keeps blatantly hitting on me despite my complete lack of reciprocation and it's making it pretty uncomfortable to hang out with them

-One girl in music here who I'm really into seems to kinda reciprocate that which is neat, and to top it off a friend from back home messaged me out of the blue "I have a friend in my program who's in Prague and you should date her" and was talking about this girl, so that was some kinda funny confirmation. But now it's kind of ambiguous as to whether she's dating this other guy, so I'm entirely unsure how to proceed. Probably asking a mutual friend for clarification soon.

-Another girl at this abroad site, my roommate from last semester and her roommate from last semester really wanted to set us up, so they thought Prague would be a great time to set us up. My roommate this semester also brought it up, saying he could set us up if I wanted, and while I think she's cute and really sweet and all, I don't actually know her that well, and I'd feel bad going into something likely long term while my heart's in other places, even if just to test the waters.

-There's another girl from that initial friend group who I kinda had a crush on last year, and she seems pretty into me now, but I've started realizing we wouldn't even remotely work as a long-term relationship. Then again, she also recently said the words "I don't believe in long-term relationships", and I still find her absurdly cute, so maybe I could actually look into that without hurting anyone?

Tl;dr idk what you thought before, but I don't actually have my shit together.

Xaoz

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 23, 2015, 03:18:51 PMBut now it's kind of ambiguous as to whether she's dating this other guy, so I'm entirely unsure how to proceed. Probably asking a mutual friend for clarification soon.

I think the best way to ask a girl out and to get more information about what she is actually looking for is
Spoiler
to just f***ing ask her out. Seriously, just ask her... Wtf is all this "Ask a friend to ask a friend to ask her about..."? I do not understand...
[close]

Still interesting. Make sure to keep us up to date with your progress and good luck!

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 23, 2015, 03:18:51 PM-This one girl in a friend group of mine keeps blatantly hitting on me despite my complete lack of reciprocation and it's making it pretty uncomfortable to hang out with them

Ohh... Maybe that is the reason ZeldaFan does not talk to me on skype anymore... Hm...

Is she just hitting on you for fun, or is she serious about it? You should tell her if it's uncomfortable....

Conclusion: Just talk to people in an honest way...

I am such a good adviser, right?

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

FierceDeity

Quote from: Xaoz on February 23, 2015, 04:02:57 PMI think the best way to ask a girl out and to get more information about what she is actually looking for is
Spoiler
to just f***ing ask her out. Seriously, just ask her... Wtf is all this "Ask a friend to ask a friend to ask her about..."? I do not understand...
[close]

Oh no yeah, I may not be the most confident dude but even I would never have a friend actually interact with somebody for me. I just want to know if she's actually dating this person just because there are a lot of tangible, negative outcomes that could result from me asking without knowing, such as making things uncomfortable with that friend group (it's not just her that I risk alienating), or being too much of a dick to the guy, because honestly I kinda like him.

Quote from: Xaoz on February 23, 2015, 04:02:57 PMIs she just hitting on you for fun, or is she serious about it? You should tell her if it's uncomfortable....

It started off as completely serious, but now I think she's just continuing because she finds my (amply voiced) discomfort humorous, haha. It's not that bad, seeing as I just ignore her for the most part when I'm with those people, but I don't want to have to do that :/ I'm really not one for being an outright dick to people, ya know

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Xaoz on February 23, 2015, 04:02:57 PMConclusion: Just talk to people in an honest way...
I think everybody could do good to listen to this advice.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Xaoz

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 23, 2015, 04:17:45 PMOh no yeah, I may not be the most confident dude but even I would never have a friend actually interact with somebody for me. I just want to know if she's actually dating this person just because there are a lot of tangible, negative outcomes that could result from me asking without knowing, such as making things uncomfortable with that friend group (it's not just her that I risk alienating), or being too much of a dick to the guy, because honestly I kinda like him.

Okay, let me boost your confidence: You can do it!
You have nice hair, are musical and eloquent. Woah... That is the nicest stuff I ever said to anyone like... ever... You see how much I want you to succeed on this!
There is nothing wrong with ever asking a girl out, when it is not obvious that she is in a realtionship. From what you say you seem to know her well enough to judge that. There is a good trick to actually find out if a girl is in a relationship:
Spoiler
"Are you currently in a relationship?" Of course, you can always be a bit more subtly...
[close]
Obviously, it would be good to just check if she actually even likes you. You should keep the "you can touch my hair"-stuff for later.
Asking out a friend can always end up in a mess, but no risk, no fun! Just do it!

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 23, 2015, 04:17:45 PMIt started off as completely serious, but now I think she's just continuing because she finds my (amply voiced) discomfort humorous, haha. It's not that bad, seeing as I just ignore her for the most part when I'm with those people, but I don't want to have to do that :/ I'm really not one for being an outright dick to people, ya know

If you don't want to be, then stop ignoring her and tell her you are not interested. And you should make sure that she gets that you actually mean what you say.

I feel like my only advice is always to just talk to people... But damn, it is such a GOOD advice...

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

No dating until you're married.

Looks like you've got a lot of cute girls to ask out, why not ask them all out?  You don't have to go steady but if there's a girl that you like a lot ask her out again and maybe it'll turn into a steady relationship

I've been on almost no dates and here I am giving dating advice
yeeee
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 23, 2015, 03:18:51 PMBut now it's kind of ambiguous as to whether she's dating this other guy, so I'm entirely unsure how to proceed. Probably asking a mutual friend for clarification soon.

So, I was introduced to some friend of a girl I know and he was like "oh I thought you were dated her" but in actuality it was just us hanging out very often since we are good friends and in the same major.  Don't overthink things is I guess what I'm saying lol

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Lol I had one of those awkward conversations where this random classmate just suddenly said "Wait, you two AREN'T dating?" to this other guy in my class and this whiny girl that always talks about herself (and her diet of fries and soup) while I was with them. I'm usually seen with the other guy too, so I don't know what made her think that? (Not that I was interested but I was too lazy to make other friends at that time)

>_>
[close]

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sebastian

Quote from: Ruto on February 23, 2015, 07:02:32 PMLol I had one of those awkward conversations where this random classmate just suddenly said "Wait, you two AREN'T dating?" to this other guy in my class and this whiny girl that always talks about herself (and her diet of fries and soup) while I was with them. I'm usually seen with the other guy too, so I don't know what made her think that? (Not that I was interested but I was too lazy to make other friends at that time)
Are you in school or college?
Just wondering. :)
Saria is 15 (according to her profile) so I just assume you are in college :P

mikey

SO I NEED TO ASK SOMEONE TO PROM BUT IDK HOW TO ASK A STRANGER.  ANYONE DONE IT BEFORE?
unmotivated