News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. (Though I do still feel the need to be better than him at piano, I don't know why).

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 16, 2016, 04:18:33 AM(Though I do still feel the need to be better than him at piano, I don't know why).

(its natural what r you playing?)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Clanker37

Looks to me like you've gotten yourself into an old fashioned pissing contest. Just remember to keep your head level, keep calm and your emotions in check. Keep it cool. Let him fire the shots (if indeed, there are any).

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Ōkami~MD on May 16, 2016, 08:54:03 AM(its natural what r you playing?)
I played "Gauntlet" in the video and Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum for my solo.
Quote from: Clanker37 on May 16, 2016, 09:23:13 AMLooks to me like you've gotten yourself into an old fashioned pissing contest. Just remember to keep your head level, keep calm and your emotions in check. Keep it cool. Let him fire the shots (if indeed, there are any).
Probably won't be too hard, as I'll only see him twice a year.

ZeldaFan

I need some advice.

I have this guy friend, we went on about 3 dates in December - February, he told me on our second date (2nd time even being together at all...) that he liked me, I told him I didn't want a serious relationship. So we have been friends hanging out once in a while. Since we are both busy, we probably see each other 2-3 times a month.

The more I find out about this guy, the less I like him... He is a very romantic, touchy-feely, mushy, sensitive, emotional person and I'm the complete opposite. In fact, it makes me sort of uncomfortable... He compliments me too often, has given me flowers and cards at least 3 times (not even on special occasions), constantly tells me what an "honor" it is to know me, etc. etc. Sounds like a great guy huh? NO!! It's just too much. All these things are fine in moderation, but it happens too often. I think he thinks we're better friends than I think we are... and that's a problem. I know he wants a relationship with me, but I don't see myself ever being with him.

So now I'm in too deep to just not be friends anymore, but I'm not sure what else I can do. I know that if I just ditched him, he'd fall apart, and I'm too nice to do that...

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

SlowPokemon

There's nothing better you can do than to tell him honestly, making yourself completely clear, how you feel about the situation. Nothing will change unless you make it change.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Zunawe

Speaking from experience, a painful truth is incomparably better than uncertainty or false hope.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

daj

Quote from: Zunawe on June 27, 2016, 11:14:54 PMSpeaking from experience, a painful truth is incomparably better than uncertainty or false hope.

Mmhmm.

If you don't mind some sharing:

The guy might get really sad for a while. But he'll accept a reasonable and practical explanation and if everything goes well, you'll be the best of friends ever.

I did once have some fun with a not-so-overbearing, cool girl. And I think I was kinda like the touchy-chirpy, smiley dude who loved to say nice and creepy things to you. No one will deny that it hurts a fuckton (perfect for composing btw), but if you can tell a guy that you don't want a serious relationship, you probably have practical and reasonable explanations for it. So hopefully he'll accept ^^

Either way, the truth is going to have to come out at some point, and the heartbreak is mandatory, so if you can pull it off, try to use reason and logic to get your point across. Because you know, emotions are a thing and they can blind people. Saying "i don't  think this is working out, i don't feel right" hurts a lot more than "this might not work because...". As a bonus, if you can, some emotional support is useful when he's on your shoulder and drenching it with tears.

But that being said, no use holding back the truth.

All the best!

(note: cultural differences exist, so this might not apply to your side of the universe, js!)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

IMO you'll be far better off giving him the truth bluntly and straightforwardly.
Sometimes guys like that, if they're overdoing it, need to be told that they're overdoing it.
what is shitpost

ZeldaFan

Well, it seems being straightforward is the best option. Now the worst is ahead of me heh
Thanks guys

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

cashwarrior1

Well, I just figured out that another girl I like a lot has never loved somebody and wants to love somebody and I dunno if I should go for her or go for my old crush (who has given small hints of liking me). What should I do?

Bubbles

From someone who doesn't love people (in that way anyway) easily I'd say to "go for" your old crush, if you really need to have a definite answer. From your short description it sounds like that's the least risky option and that both of you are more likely to be into each other.

I don't like the idea of someone wanting to "love" (lol) somebody just because they never had before, but that's just me. We probably have different opinions and very different lifestyles tho

Zunawe

In my decidedly idealistic opinion, you don't look for love.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

Quote from: Zunawe on August 29, 2016, 10:29:25 PMIn my decidedly idealistic opinion, you don't look for love.
This is me as well. But don't let anyone stop you from pursuing it if your intentions are pure.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

Okay, well, I'll probably just wait until next year before making any moves :P