Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's an ace attorney reference.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 09, 2017, 06:00:59 PMI'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's an ace attorney reference.
Spoiler
OBJECTION!!!!!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

You know that one cliche? That one in old movies, and cartoons, when there's a character who's trying to ask someone out, or maybe just say something embarrassing, and then their words get all drawn out and they hesitate to just get them out of their mouths? Well, I had that feeling today.

I had just gotten out of class, and I was thinking about what I'd say if I saw her. I told myself again what I'd have to do—just get it over with, be honest, blunt, no holds barred—for what had to be the third or fourth time, but this time... I think I meant it. And then, I SAW her. Right there. She was sitting at a table with two of her friends, and I sat down because, honestly, I didn't even have anything else to do for the rest of the day. We all talked a bit, and then, as if right on cue, both of her friends left at the same time.

We talked some more, just the two of us, but I still couldn't bring myself to speak the words I so longed to speak. Then, we went back to our work. Her at her computer, I reading King Lear. Every so often, I'd pause and look up at her—face hidden in an afro of golden hair with a noticeable tint of fading blue—but I still couldn't speak. I don't really know how much time passed. I kept reading, and she etched on a piece of paper—math homework.

Then, she got up and left. She said she'd be right back. I finished reading, pausing on the final page, absorbed deep in thought. Then, I put the book down. I started humming to myself to calm my nerves. Life on Mars. It was a little cold out, even in the middle of the afternoon, and that wasn't helping me at all. After a few minutes, she came back. I started putting my stuff into my backpack, and she did likewise. I stood to leave. She said she had to get to her next class. She walked past and behind me. I turned. She stopped—before I even had a chance to start speaking, as if she had anticipated what I was about to do.

I don't remember all of what I said. It doesn't really matter, now does it? But I do remember what I ended with.

"Do you want to go out on a date with me?"

That's when it happened. That's when my words wanted to get all weird and dragged out. But they didn't. They didn't quite.

"To be honest," she started, "my life is kinda like a hurricane right now." Her voice trailed off.

But then she smiled. "But I'll get back to you on that."

/dramatization
She actually commented that my last two attempts to ask her out were "handled pretty well" despite my own opinions to the contrary. To be honest, it just makes me so unbelievably giddy that there's at least one person out there who genuinely has more faith in me than I do.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

When I read "I had just gotten out of class" my brain legit started playing slowmo romance music unintentionally
unmotivated

ThatHiddenCharacter

Wow. That's great news! I think. I'm not that accustomed to what's good or bad in that situation. But I believe it's great news! Also, have you ever considered becoming an author? You have an amazing way with words that I've only ever seen in great books. Sounded like the introduction to a story.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on April 11, 2017, 08:49:24 PMWow. That's great news! I think. I'm not that accustomed to what's good or bad in that situation. But I believe it's great news! Also, have you ever considered becoming an author? You have an amazing way with words that I've only ever seen in great books. Sounded like the introduction to a story.
He's got a pretty kickass story topic, bro.

Also congratulations, BDS!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on April 11, 2017, 08:49:24 PMWow. That's great news! I think. I'm not that accustomed to what's good or bad in that situation. But I believe it's great news! Also, have you ever considered becoming an author? You have an amazing way with words that I've only ever seen in great books. Sounded like the introduction to a story.
The first time I asked her out, she had a scheduling conflict (like, something actually verifiable), and the second time, when I asked her if she wanted to go to a formal this week with me, she said she didn't want to have to go out and buy a dress (we're poor, busy college students yo!), which makes me think this is her way of being clear that she's not just making excuses to avoid me (plus the fact she was positioned at a choke point she most likely knew I'd have to pass through right around that time).

Quotegreat books
Coincidentally, the class I was leaving was called Great Books (and also the class where we met last semester).

Quote from: Dudeman on April 11, 2017, 08:57:58 PMHe's got a pretty kickass story topic, bro.

Also congratulations, BDS!
Thank you, and also thanks for the plug! <3

You reminded me that I don't have a link to my topic in my signature, which makes me think I should take advantage of a URL shortener to fit at least one more link in there and... Wait. BDS change his signature!?!?! WHAT HAS OUR WORLD BECOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEE?!?!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

That sounds promising; you're doing great!

cashwarrior1

DoublePost

Sara is killing me, she is too cute!!! Honestly, I've stopped viewing her as a relationship partner/candidate and more as a friend and a wonderful human being, but I can't help myself from not flirting with her. I went and watched her tennis match today out in the cold weather, and I guess I don't understand that she really appreciates when I (and other friends) watch her do things. After she played, we sat together and talked a little bit, and we're not afraid to get into weird conversations because we're best friends. This girl is so weird, let me tell you, she looked at this 1-year old and was like, "Look at peanut". I was honestly so confused, but she does this way too often for it to be confusing anymore. I think it's adorable, she acts like a little child, but in all the best possible ways. This wasn't really anything in particular that happened, I just wanted to talk about her without writing a novel.

Altissimo

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 13, 2017, 07:20:28 PMThis girl is so weird, let me tell you, she looked at this 1-year old and was like, "Look at peanut". I was honestly so confused, but she does this way too often for it to be confusing anymore.

never listen to me and my bf talk lmaoooooo

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on April 13, 2017, 07:30:31 PMnever listen to me and my bf talk lmaoooooo

mostly bc it's creepy to watch someone else talk with their significant other when you've only talked to them on internet forums
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 13, 2017, 07:31:15 PMmostly bc it's creepy to watch someone else talk with their significant other when you've only talked to them on internet forums

fuk of

EFitTrainr

I like food.