News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on March 04, 2019, 04:01:46 PMYour mom is just joking with you, right?
Probably but IDK, she's never told me otherwise.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

cashwarrior1

My parents didn't say a word until they realized that %90 of my friends are girls and then they started saying "don't date in high school," and I was like, "good thing they're my friends."

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 04, 2019, 04:57:01 PMMy parents didn't say a word until they realized that %90 of my friends are girls and then they started saying "don't date in high school," and I was like, "good thing they're my friends."
oof
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Friendship is valuable nothing to oof at.

@Splatoon Inkling and ya'll high schoolers
Dating in high school is usually a dead end but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Your parents probably just want to protect you from getting hurt (and/or sex, but that's beside the point) but I vote just ask her out. You're in a very safe enviorment for making mistakes right now, take advantage of that and learn a thing or two about yourself, relationship, and handling rejection. Maybe you'll even hit the jackpot and make the highschool sweetheart a thing.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: FireArrow on March 06, 2019, 02:20:29 AMFriendship is valuable nothing to oof at.

Dating in high school is usually a dead end but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Your parents probably just want to protect you from getting hurt (and/or sex, but that's beside the point) but I vote just ask her out. You're in a very safe enviorment for making mistakes right now, take advantage of that and learn a thing or two about yourself, relationship, and handling rejection. Maybe you'll even hit the jackpot and make the highschool sweetheart a thing.
Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about it but my parents don't quite agree so I don't push it. They're like you shouldn't "experiment" with people. I'm like what do you call your first born then? (But I don't actually say that because I'm not an insufferable little brat)
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: FireArrow on March 06, 2019, 02:20:29 AMFriendship is valuable nothing to oof at.

Well I'm not supposed to date till I'm 18, but I actually did at one point have a crush on this one girl from my church, that I also got to see at my home school group every week. (This was actually last school year.) We both really liked each other for a while, then I started just getting really needy, and insecure, (which I had been throughout, but it showed a lot less before) and then she kind of rejected me because of that. Believe me I learned A LOT from all that, and also I have watched a lot of YouTube videos on how to get a girl to like you, and be more mature, and stuff like that. Plus some other things in my life, and well I have matured quite a bit since that rough experience. You know, we were actually pretty close to becoming bf, and gf, but I realize now that that relationship may not have worked well in the end. The girl I like now just seems to be someone who would be better for me, we have the same beliefs religious wise, (the girl I used to have a crush on, she came to my church, but I don't believe she was an actual Christian) She's more independant, she's a very kind, smart, humorous, and sweet person. This has less to do with that, but one thing that I found kind of interesting is that since I've changed, and matured a lot, it seems like a lot more girls like me, and want to be around me. Ok so interesting story, but on the first day of this school year at my home school group with the class I'm in now. (I actually was trying to get them to like me on purpose, and it worked extraordinarily well) but, anyway they really seemed to all want to be around me, they kept all would keep looking over at me at lunch time, and there are two other boys in my class, and the one said, wow [name], why are those girls so into you? Then the other boy said I'm gonna go ask [name if she likes you] he did, and he said that she said that she liked me. Like seriously they kept calling me almost every week several times in the week, and so on. (Yah I can ramble quite a bit) TBH there is this one other girl in my class that I kind of like, but not as much as the one I just gave the card to, and it seems like she really likes me too, she would ask to borrow my stuff occasionally, and would tap me on the shoulders, and personally ask me things. Anyways I hope to get into a relationship with that girl at some point. @Firearrow, what did you mean when you said this.
QuoteMaybe you'll even hit the jackpot and make the highschool sweetheart a thing.
TL;DR I know it's long, but I have a lot to say.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on March 06, 2019, 07:05:43 AMBut one thing that I found kind of interesting is that since I've changed, and matured a lot, it seems like a lot more girls like me, and want to be around me.
I've definitely noticed the same thing with myself and I've also noticed that people who haven't gone through something like that are (frankly) ignored by the female population their own age.
Spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

There is so much in that
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 06, 2019, 09:43:16 AMThere is so much in that
What exactly do you mean by that?
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Ok, so that friend I of hers I was telling about the card I gave to her, I guess she didn't tell any of her friends about it, but she did seem to like it. Well I asked her if she heard anything about it, and apparently not ig, but she did say that she may just want to keep it a secret. I also don't know if her mom knows that I have a crush on her, I think she thinks that I like someone else. IDK, unless she showed it to her mom, I really don't know. I think it's funny how for a while after I quite really liking that girl from my church so much previously, that my mom actually thought that I was just crazy about her! ROTFL! Anyways I don't think my mom has a problem with me liking this girl, although I don't think she knows specifically who I like cause I was very vague about it when I told her, and I don't think her mom would have a problem with me liking her daughter as she is the teacher of the class i'm in, and not to brag, but she has called me the best student in the class multiple times, mainly because of the attitude I have towards my work, and that I bring all of it to class.

FireArrow

I mostly mean to still date with the intention of having things work out. Don't go into it expecting it not to work highschool or otherwise.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

cashwarrior1

It feels good to have a bunch of people admire you, but don't let that determine how you'll do in a relationship. Being in a relationship involves a departure of the self. It's easy to force your partner into doing what you want and to claim them as your own, but you need to let go of your pride. While they will likely do and want similar things that you do, try to be aware of what they want. You especially need to give them privacy and time to themselves, which can be difficult to do if they aren't verbally clear about it. I hope you're able to have a good relationship and are able to learn more about yourself, dating can be a eye-opening thing sometimes.

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 06, 2019, 03:24:55 PMIt feels good to have a bunch of people admire you, but don't let that determine how you'll do in a relationship. Being in a relationship involves a departure of the self. It's easy to force your partner into doing what you want and to claim them as your own, but you need to let go of your pride. While they will likely do and want similar things that you do, try to be aware of what they want. You especially need to give them privacy and time to themselves, which can be difficult to do if they aren't verbally clear about it. I hope you're able to have a good relationship and are able to learn more about yourself, dating can be a eye-opening thing sometimes.
Couldn't agree more.

Bobbythekid21

Spoiler
[close]