Tales from Earthsea
0 (0%)
Ponyo
1 (3.3%)
The Secret World of Arrietty
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

SlowPokemon

I've seen most of them by now. Friday I saw the cutest one ever, Whisper of the Heart...god I loved that film.

So pick your top three favorites by everyone's favorite director, Hayao Miyazaki! More polls with other directors coming soon.

Personally I love all of them, but Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke are my favorites. Totoro, Porco, and Kiki have a special place in my heart--they're such great films as well. Ponyo, yepyepyep. Nausicaa and Castle in the Sky aren't my favorites at all :P

Note: technically Nausicaa was made before Studio Ghibli was formed, but it has since been rereleased under the Studio Ghibli banner.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

:P my...third least favorite. But it's still cute. I'm surprised you picked it over any of his others, though. The English dub is at least good--except for the torturous Noah Cyrus and Frankie Jonas performances... XD

Voted for Howl's because it's obviously the best. 8)

K-NiGhT

To be honest, i havent seen all of em. And yeah frankie jonas and noah cyrus were kinda piercing :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

GaryOak

Howl's moving castle is my favourite too. Laputa was interesting to watch too since I had heard that Sonic the Hedgehog got some influences from it. Porco Rosso is my least favourite :I just too...meh.

I feel ashamed 'cause I haven't seen Totoro or Spirited Away, should watch them now when I have time.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

SlowPokemon

Nausicaa and Laputa were my least favorites :P I quite enjoyed Porco! But yeah Spirited Away is on par with Howl's, definitely find time to see it.

SuperFireKirby

Darnit man, making me choose between Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away.

I guess HMC is my favorite at the end of the day though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Nausicaa is fantastic, dunno why you don't like it

me irl
[close]

Winter

Don't hate on Castle in the Sky!

SlowPokemon

Both of those just felt so unpolished to me :/ Course I thought the same thing about Mononoke the first time I saw it, so maybe I just need to watch them again.

Olimar12345

You're missing the Grave of Fireflies, The Cat Return, and Whisper of the Heart-all of which I liked. >:C Missing a few others as well...
Laputa was pretty good, too.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

No, I'm not. The poll specifically says films directed by Hayao Miyazaki. I'm doing the other ones by different directors later. (Cause I specifically mentioned Whisper of the Heart as a favorite of mine in the first post).

Olimar12345

Ah. Tbh, I didn't even read the 1st post, A nasty habit, I know...  but if that's the case, the title is misleading...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

No...since I said I'd do other polls from the studio later... :P gaah. And I hope to see Grave of the Fireflies and My Neighbors the Yamadas, then I'll have seen them all.

Olimar12345