News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

What Are Some Really Freaking Weird Things About You?

Started by ETFROXX, March 16, 2012, 04:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisLeeFan1118

Let me think...

Well...most people usually get weirded out when I tell them that my favorite genre of music is Opera and that I hate Rock, Metal, Rap, and any music that uses electrical instruments. But I don't think that's weird.

What do you guys think?
I used to be very conceited, that has all changed; now I'm Perfect!

spitllama

Eh i think variety is good. It seems like it'd be easy to get tired of the genres you've left yourself. But that's imo.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

All my normal clothes/bedding are either blue, gray or white. My "strange" clothes are all white, black, blue or red.

I've been told by my parents that I eat like a monk...I eat really plain stuff over and over again all the time.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Electronic instruments are sometimes cool if they're used along with an orchestra (ala Hans Zimmer). And I don't think I'll ever get tired of orchestral music personally, spit...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 06, 2012, 08:48:15 AMLet me think...

Well...most people usually get weirded out when I tell them that my favorite genre of music is Opera and that I hate Rock, Metal, Rap, and any music that uses electrical instruments. But I don't think that's weird.

What do you guys think?
My favorite genres are Classical and Romantic. I don't "hate" the genres you mentioned, but it's just not very attractive to me and silence would be better than having them on.  Most people hate classical music.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

ChrisLeeFan1118

Well my taste isn't going to change anytime soon. I like soundtrack's from movies like LOTR and from video games like Radiant Dawn. I just like the orchestral stuff. That's why I don't like the Halo theme, it would be a lot better if they left out the electrical stuff.

but hey, one man's meat is another man's poison, I always say.

Roz~

People think I'm weird when I say my favorite genres of music are classical music, opera, and death/black metal. Oh and I enjoy country music. People think it's weird 'cause I despise the music I hear on the radio. Well I think it sucks, so get over it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

blueflower999

I usually only listen to video game music. Strangely, it doesn't matter what genre it is, as long as it's from a video game I like, I usually like the music. People often find that strange.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 06, 2012, 10:26:48 AMWell my taste isn't going to change anytime soon. I like soundtrack's from movies like LOTR and from video games like Radiant Dawn. I just like the orchestral stuff. That's why I don't like the Halo theme, it would be a lot better if they left out the electrical stuff.

but hey, one man's meat is another man's poison, I always say.

I'm a Film Soundtrack Obsessed Nerd to the point where it's ridiculous. I love the lotr soundtracks too.

Greg

I hate music with lyrics. People think it's silly.

I'm not even sure why. Maybe because I have issues making out what the singers are saying.

ChrisLeeFan1118

I don't mind lyrics, in most of the songs I have the singer/singers don't even sing in english.

Sometimes songs are better without lyrics, but sometimes the lyrics just make the song more complete; especially when they're sung by a choir.

Greg

True... I can think of at least one example of a piece that I personally like better with lyrics than I would without, and that's the SSBB title screen music.

Well, actually just one. >_>

Raymondbl

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 06, 2012, 10:26:48 AMwhy I don't like the Halo theme, it would be a lot better if they left out the electrical stuff.

I feel that it does not overly matter what the instrument is, only that the music is performed well with the proper flavor needed. it's like people with different voices. Of course, if you use electrical instruments in classical music, like Beethoven and Mozart, it wouldn't work.  However it might work in rhythmic or fast-paced music where the subtle qualities of music are left out in favor of stronger pulse. 
Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on April 06, 2012, 02:33:12 PMI don't mind lyrics, in most of the songs I have the singer/singers don't even sing in english.

Sometimes songs are better without lyrics, but sometimes the lyrics just make the song more complete; especially when they're sung by a choir.
I find in many songs, there are fast repeating notes on the same pitch that make room for more syllables/words, but when you take out the lyrics, it isn't as attractive. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SlowPokemon

Sweeney Todd is amazing with lyrics, as is nightmare before christmas

Olimar12345

I have a string tribute cd from the nightmare before christmas. It's really nice. Dare I say that I like it better than the original!?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!