Yes, but not yet...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Bespinben

In my personal anthology, this is how I order the games:

PMD1 -- Blue Rescue Team, and Red Rescue Team
PMD2 -- Explorers of Time, and Explorers of Darkness
PMD 2.5 -- Explorers of Sky

...and of course "Adventure Squad" are unlisted because they're such terrible miscarriages of the series that they don't deserve an overseas release, rightfully so.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

I rank EOS as third myself.

My complaint about that game: it's a great game but really does NOT establish itself a worthy remake by any means. The special episodes, Shaymin storyline, Sky Jukebox, etc. really are kind of pathetic as extras. I would only recommend it if you're a SERIOUS fan of the original, or never played the original.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 01, 2012, 06:36:25 PMI rank EOS as third myself.

My complaint about that game: it's a great game but really does NOT establish itself a worthy remake by any means. The special episodes, Shaymin storyline, Sky Jukebox, etc. really are kind of pathetic as extras. I would only recommend it if you're a SERIOUS fan of the original, or never played the original.

By "original" you're referring to PMD2 Explorers of Time/Darkness right?

Anyway, I suppose I can agree with you there about getting EOS. If you've already played Explorers of Time/Darkness, then you could just look up the special episodes and new music on Youtube. That's what I did anyway. Then again, the 5th, final special episode just might be awesome enough that it needs to be played on my DS.

SlowPokemon

Nah... it was a nice one because it held my interest and actually added to the plot, but it had such a cheesy ending XD it wasn't as emotional for me as the flashback montage at the end of the main game.

I'm glad I have it because I loved the original (PMD2), but someone who bought it thinking it was totally different game was probably disappointed.

How I rank the special episodes:
Bidoof's Wish:
I thought it was an interesting choice, because Bidoof is a character that most likely few people give much thought to. This gives a chance to elaborate on the character and allow the player to see more of what Bidoof is and know him better as a character. The storyline was pretty cookie-cutter but did have a couple moments that I thought were worthwhile, when the guild came to rescue Bidoof, as well as the ending which made me smile.

Igglybuff the Prodigy:
This was in my opinion the second best mission (after The Future of Darkness). Wigglytuff is probably my personal favorite character in the game, and this episode was amusing as well as fun. It didn't drag on for too long but also wasn't overly short. And the Defend Globe thing was really sweet.

Today's Oh My Gosh:
This was a fun special mission in that Sunflora again was a character that few people gave much thought to, but it was also too short, with only one dungeon with several increments of 4-floors, and only one boss fought repeatedly. In the end, it didn't really leave an impact.

Here Comes Team Charm:
This was an interesting mission, worthwhile as Team Charm is a pretty interesting team that shows up for one  post-game adventure. And of course Wigglytuff is always great! :D But this mission was one of my least favorites because it was so damn tedious. The dungeons were boring, and your team was downright annoying. Why give Medicham Calm Mind it has no special moves?? I ended up turning off several of my teammates' attacks. And the bosses were annoying as hell. One Aggron and six Lairon isn't too bad, but those STUPID STUPID POKEMON OF TEAM AWD. JEEZ. Took me like five times because Drapion kept spamming pin missile. Also glad they finally explained the location of the other Time Gear.

In the Future of Darkness:
Great plotwise. Great with character development. I liked this because it gave some closure to Dusknoir's, Grovyle's, and Celebi's characters that PMD2 lacked. It did drag on for a LONG time, but it wasn't ever tedious or boring. I really enjoyed this mission.

So there's my psychoanalysis.

Evolvix 85

Honestly I don't like 5th generation Pokémon infact I think that it's enough for Pokémon Mistery Dungeon...

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 01, 2012, 07:09:30 PMIn the Future of Darkness:
Great plotwise. Great with character development. I liked this because it gave some closure to Dusknoir's, Grovyle's, and Celebi's characters that PMD2 lacked. It did drag on for a LONG time, but it wasn't ever tedious or boring. I really enjoyed this mission.
Very true. After every dungeon I was like: "...Another one? ...What is this!?!?" XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

FluteNinja

Quote from: Evolvix 85 on May 06, 2012, 06:12:21 AMHonestly I don't like 5th generation Pokémon infact I think that it's enough for Pokémon Mistery Dungeon...

Pokemon Black and White ruined Pokemon for me.  However, PMD 3 does sound pretty interesting
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

DonValentino

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 08, 2012, 04:33:10 PMPokemon Black and White ruined Pokemon for me.  However, PMD 3 does sound pretty interesting

What?! Why? I don't see anything wrong with Black and White!  :(

FluteNinja

I beat the Elite Four an then there wasn't anything to look forward to, not even a Battle Tower
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

SlowPokemon

Battle subway is the exact same thing as the battle tower.

Bespinben

Not PMD3, but it's the next best thing: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-explorers-of-sky-wip/

THAT'S RIGHT, an RP minecraft server! Still a WIP though, but what they've done so far, judging by the screenshots (the Beach is perfect), is nothing short of pure amazing.

What especially interests me about this project is that they're interested in making noteblock recreations of the in-game music, which would be placed underground in the areas where the songs play. Sounds like a fun job... kekeke

Nebbles

Why have I not joined in... how I would love a new PMD, but as said, Chunsoft probabl hasn't gotten around to making the games yet.

Hopefully they start soon - we'll probably get them after B/W2.

But. What would the storyline even be like?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FSM-Reapr

BEST. TOPIC. EVER.

I may be a little pessimist, but I think PMD3 will come like 5/6 years from now or something. When Gen 6 Pokémons come.

Bubbles

I just really hope that when Chunsoft decides to make another one that they dont make it for wii ware (or whatever you have to download onto the wii is). In my opinion, its difficult and time wasting to have to download points for your wii and then download a game rather than just buy it in a store. Another thing that I noticed about the Adventure Squad games was that you got to choose your own character, which defeats the whole purpose of you connecting with the game and experiencing everything like you're the actual character (besides the fact that people cheat online to find the right answers to get their favorite pokemon)

SlowPokemon

^Lol I don't cheat!

And yeahhh Chunsoft's next release is "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward" which is a sequel to their AMAZING visual novel "999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors." After that gets its US release in October (also when Black 2 and White 2 are being released), maybe they'll team up with Game Freak again.