News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Religion

Started by wariopiano, September 05, 2012, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I think Jesus was a chill hippie dude who loved like, everyone, man.

They just lose me w/ the supernatural stuff. Much (though not all) of the teachings in the New Testament are lovely stories to go by.
what is shitpost

E. Gadd Industries

Agreeing with Levi here. Also going off o' that, all terrorists give any group a bad rep because they take things too far (hence why they're called extremists)

I used to be that overly-aggressive Christian who made people swallow the Bible & such, but that's wrong, annoying, & turns people away HECKA fast! JEEZ my middle school-freshman years were not good... X'D
But I've turned from those philosophies(?) (thank goodness!) and become more of what Levi is
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 05, 2017, 04:24:28 PMAs a Christian, I must say that I don't appreciate it when some Christians take it too far and try to force religion on others. I also don't like it when they "look down" on non-Christians or try to harm them for what they believe. My job as a Christian is to love my neighbor, or to treat everyone on Earth with kindness regardless of their gender, race, religion, nationality, what they've done in their lives, etc. Christian terrorists give us a bad name.
Bingo. What you say about Christian terrorists is correct. Unfortunately, most of the Christians in the "lime-light" are the buttholes and totally shame the name of Christianity, which is not kind to Christians like us who are legit, not "political" Christians.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 05, 2017, 04:33:02 PMI think Jesus was a chill hippie dude who loved like, everyone, man.

They just lose me w/ the supernatural stuff. Much (though not all) of the teachings in the New Testament are lovely stories to go by.
I don't like when people say that Jesus was a "hippie dude". I mean I don't think that he'd approve of like smoking weed and other stuff. I kind of more see him as the "perfect combination" of "just" and "nice". Also kind of like the supernatural stuff as I see it either as metaphors of something or as philosophical stuff. 

Quote from: Sebastian on October 05, 2017, 07:56:38 PMBingo. What you say about Christian terrorists is correct. Unfortunately, most of the Christians in the "lime-light" are the buttholes and totally shame the name of Christianity, which is not kind to Christians like us who are legit, not "political" Christians.

Just heard about how Martin Luther protested against the corruption in the church at his time. How the pope build the Peter's church with the money of  (poor) people who had bought letter of indulgence, and not paying himself (being really rich). And I despise corrupt opinions in any matter, be it politics or religion. Trying to force people into religion (regardless of how good you think it is) can be seen as giving people pains and trouble, which is why I think it's bad. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Honestly I don't think Jesus would mind having some of that sticky icky  8)
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 06, 2017, 03:38:03 PMHonestly I don't think Jesus would mind having some of that sticky icky  8)

I think he'd forgive you if you did smoke, but I don't think he'd approve of it. The bible clearly is against being drunk, so I don't think that getting high by smoking weed is ok. But I'm not an expert, only basing it of how christian people have reasoned.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The Bible may be against being intoxicated (I don't know off hand).. but the most drunk people I've ever seen were my friend's evangelical parents who got absolutely shitfaced when I was over once. 7 shots of Jack.
what is shitpost

blueflower999

Don't use actions of specific Christians as an argument. Hypocrisy affects all groups of people and shouldn't speak for the whole.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Tobbeh99

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 08, 2017, 10:23:22 PMDon't use actions of specific Christians as an argument. Hypocrisy affects all groups of people and shouldn't speak for the whole.
I do agree with you. This happens not only with religion, but also in other fields like politics, economics and social groups as well. That people take 1 individual as the example for an entire group. Sometime that individual is one with high status and sometimes not but I do think that's a very narrow way of viewing things. Like taking some greedy dude who claims to be a "capitalist" and therefore concluding that capitalism is bad and greedy.

Also I really started value and have respect for the christian moral values even more after watching a documentary about Friedrich Nietzsche. Maybe the documentary framed him as more or less a bad person but I almost completely disagree with him. He started with being against god (saying that god didn't exist, or that he/the people at his time killed him), but after that it just spiraled down. He started arguing against the christian moral values claiming that they are fake/false and enslaves people. And the dilemma he faced was that he had to make up a moral system himself to argue against the christian moral values and he did that with his "uberman theory" which puts a lot of focus on the individual and his strive to overcome limits and become the ultimate self. And the conclusion I got, with all of Nietzsche's ideas of breaking the christian norms/values and stepping on the border with good and evil (with his obsession of "the dark side" with the Greek god Dionysus), was that he (and other people at his time) was playing with fire and pretty much wrote the manuscript for Hitlers ideas with Nazism. Like, there are a lot of similarities when it comes to ideas between Nietzsche and Hitler. So it really got me thinking that Nietzsche in the first place messed up, but even more wrong was how he really pushed it even further down rather than trying and argue that maybe there is some good in that Christian values and the moral. So I've gotten some respect for the Christian moral values when you see how other people have challenged it and have ended up with just chaos and pure evil.

Also thought a bit on the biblical creation story. God said that Adam and Eve could ate from every tree in the Garden of Eden except the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And I wondered why god placed that tree there in the first place. To me, placing the tree there seems to be asking for trouble (like it was just a matter of time before they ate of it), kind of seems like placing a glass near the edge of the table; and the being angry when someone shove it down. You're better placing it in the middle of the table or not placing it there at all. Kind of tricky question I find. I googled and find one "answer"/theory that god placed it there as way to see if the humans were obedient and showed love to god. Because if he didn't place the tree there the humans would just walk around doing everything mechanically and then there was no way of clearly knowing if the humans obeyed god and loved god. It isn't the most satisfying answer, I got to say, but it does kind of makes some sense to me, at least.

10/10 tobbeh

swimswamit

Just poking my head in here, am a christian :>

Am a baptist in Virginia but our church refuses to join the Southern Baptist Convention due to them not believing in women preachers and due to their super traditional views. Not sure what we're really apart of.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 08, 2017, 10:23:22 PMDon't use actions of specific Christians as an argument. Hypocrisy affects all groups of people and shouldn't speak for the whole.

it was a

how do you say it

hyperbolic JOKE

Also Tobbeh I'm sorry but you definitely misinterpreted what Nietzsche was talking about. The Ubermensch theory set the stage for nazism? No, sorry.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 09, 2017, 07:37:27 AMAlso Tobbeh I'm sorry but you definitely misinterpreted what Nietzsche was talking about. The Ubermensch theory set the stage for nazism? No, sorry.

Em no. I get what he's trying to say. He's saying that we shouldn't have strikt moral values. And also thinks that people live more freely, experiences more freedom when they aren't bound to some absolute moral values. I wouldn't blame Nietzsche for nazism, but I do think that in the late 19 century there were a lot of ideas about breaking norms of all sort and about moral relativism and also about rebelling against the old, or straight away rejecting it as bad or lost (which is clearly seen in arts) and also a lot nationalism. And I don't think it's a coincidence about the theories in the late 19 century and the nazism during the 30s. If you look at history you can often see a link between the ideas in society and the society and also sometimes where it's heading. But I do agree that it's an exaggeration to say that it the theories in the late 19 century was the biggest cause to that. But I do think that they play a part in it.

10/10 tobbeh

EFitTrainr

Is Tobbeh Kinshiro Morooka now?

I like food.

Tobbeh99

... ... ... ...nope.

10/10 tobbeh