News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dude

Lol why are you asking for jokes in a politics thread?

That makes no sense to me.

mikey

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 02, 2013, 11:16:32 PMWell, that's only fitting, considering politics is something of a joke these days.
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

How about 3 1/2 minutes of Kim Jong-Un dancing and kung-fu fighting?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

I like how his face keeps changing color
unmotivated

Ruto

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 23, 2014, 07:12:24 AMSTOP TALKING ABOUT POLITICS AND MAKE A STUPID JOKE

The other caption was "Angela Merkel did Nazi this coming"

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on July 23, 2014, 01:27:29 PM
Spoiler
[close]

The other caption was "Angela Merkel did Nazi this coming"
Now I can use this

unmotivated

spitllama

Quote from: Ruto on July 22, 2014, 08:26:04 PMYou must have phrased that badly. After all, you don't actually think that things were better if nothing changed right? I think environmental protection and food safety is a good thing, for starters. And a safety net. Tactics could always be better, but in some cases, you really need to order things. There's no problem with that. What the problem is, is that there are people that know better but are purposely hindering progress or improvements. Also Bush declared a war (some people call him and Cheney war criminals, can you imagine?) and it's cost so much money and Iraq is not really much better off today, with the useless army and militants running things.

He asked "how suing the president isn't the most childish thing in existence," and that's what I'm addressing. If anything, the lawsuit is a broad statement about the need to rein in presidential power rather than about the employer mandate (which Republicans really don't want implemented anyhow, and will probably already be implemented by the time a decision is reached on the lawsuit).
I'm definitely not going to argue that this lawsuit is a wise decision, because it isn't. It's a waste of time. However, the ability to sue the president retains its value-- to challenge the Constitutionality of an act and draw public attention. @Fierce, the lawsuits against Clinton and Reagan were actually both successful.

But to open the can of worms that you're talking about Ruto, executive orders are 100% unconstitutional. All legislative powers reside in Congress, and the most the executive branch can do is enforce and order the enforcement of preexisting laws. The President's "We Can't Wait" policy initiative is read literally as an intent to bypass Congress. Have past presidents used executive orders? Absolutely. Have some of them been helpful in the end? I would say so. But there are currently no limits on what can be ordered, because the law allowing for it doesn't exist. The necessary steps to make executive orders Constitutional have been ignored, and presidents have taken creative liberties in reading Article II.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

blueflower999

I think I'm going to bump this thread because we need someplace to discuss the 2016 election (and our leading Republican friend) without spamming the other thread with political posts.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Maelstrom

FierceDeity

My friend had a good theory

Donald Trump is actually rooting for the democrats, and is appealing exclusively to the most vocal Republican base in order to win the nomination but not the general election

I really want to believe that tbh

blueflower999

Either that or he's going to run as a 3rd party, split the vote, guarantee a Democratic win, and then receive "compensation" from the party as a result. Or maybe he'll ask the Republican party to pay him off not to run as a 3rd party.

No matter what, I don't see this situation ending well.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FierceDeity

Just to be clear I was joking about my conspiracy theory

And kinda really hope you are as well

Ruto

From Gawker:
Spoiler
[close]

From Dude's article:
Spoiler
"The real estate mogul elaborated in a statement later Saturday morning, claiming he said "'blood coming out of her eyes and whatever,' meaning nose."

He added: "Only a deviant would think anything else.""

See, he's blaming everyone else for being deviants!
[close]

I can't find the comment with the guy saying he wants Trump to hire him for a job as a Mexican rapist/drug dealer.

Knowing Trump, he might even sue if he doesn't win the presidency xD What's disturbing are all the people still sticking up for this guy. Women are really humorless about those sort of comments...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

It's probably good to have a republican in office so that they don't mess with the economy and just let it fix itself
unmotivated