News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Sebastian on November 10, 2016, 11:16:45 AMI noticed this too.
Same here.

Quote from: Sebastian on November 10, 2016, 11:16:45 AMAcceptance and love towards all.
Except Jerry

I mean, I always thought America was rather divided, but apparently it's worse than it was before. Not that I can help with anything, I live in Australia.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

if you're not religious you can feel free to disregard this, but a lot of the things happening right now were seen by prophets like Paul, Isaiah, and Peter.  Everything coming to pass is just a sign of you know what
unmotivated

Sebastian

I'd have to agree with you there, Nocturne. That's why I'm at peace about this whole thing.

Nep-Nep

Definitely. I agree wholeheartedly.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Oh there's no denying domestic terrorism not only exists but gets a free pass. Look at the Oregon terrorists who took over the wildlife refuge, all of them armed, and shot a police officer. They were just acquitted a few weeks ago of any charges.
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on November 10, 2016, 12:58:10 PMLook at the Oregon terrorists who took over the wildlife refuge, all of them armed, and shot a police officer. They were just acquitted a few weeks ago of any charges.
Wait, WHAT

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on November 10, 2016, 06:53:14 AMEncouraging direct protest violence, violent racism, constant falsified statements promoting xenophobia, sexism, etc.  It's an obvious trend both of personal character and the type of action and persona he legitimizes.  He has set back our society years by making it justified for someone to be a bigot and a bully.  The views he holds, or at least promotes, are those of the lowest and most disgusting tier of human existence.

There's a reason that college educated individuals trended strongly towards Clinton.

Oh, I believe there's a reason college educated individuals trended her way. I don't think we have the same reason, however. Since March of this year, I've been doing some college visits since I'm currently in my senior year of high school. I've been to schools in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York, and there is one common theme that they love to stress: diversity. (Preface: Regardless of how I word this, I will probably be labeled as a racist. I just want to say now that I do not believe that any one race is more or less qualified to be accepted into college; don't interpret me as saying that. In fact, I hold to heart the Christian teaching that there is only one race: the human race. The color of our skin or our accent does not make us better or worse than someone else. With that being said, back to the argument.) Almost every college I went to boasted that they had this percentage of African American students and another percentage of Asian students. Sometimes I wonder if they are so obsessed with keeping these percentages the same that they will admit lesser qualified students over more qualified ones just so they can add another country to their list. If I were to run a university that was going to accept 10,000 students, I would review the applications and select the 10,000 applicants that are the best qualified. However, to me I feel that colleges sort their applicants by demographic before quality. Ok, that was longer than I wanted; the point was supposed to be that colleges have become liberalized. I'm sure most college students on here can confirm that if they ever saw a political rally on campus, it was either for Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders. I have seen many a video on Youtube where campuses actually shut down Trump rallies, thereby infringing upon the First Amendment. If a rally was actually violent, that would be one thing. But peaceful rallies should not be shut down just because some students disagree with the candidate. Another example of the "liberalization" of colleges is the introduction of safe zones. God, these things drive me insane. What, are people not allowed to debate anymore? Is a difference of opinion illegal? How much do we need to shelter people? Isn't college supposed to help transition young adults from the school life into the real world? What will happen 5 years down the road if someone disagrees with them in a meeting? They won't even know how to respond to disagreement! (In case you were wondering, my dislike of safe zones is kind of extreme.) Again, violence and screaming is unnecessary, but people shouldn't be forced into silencing their opinion just because someone "might get their feelings hurt."

Oh, and another thing. Trump is supposedly the one that incites violence, right? What about this?

If you find a way to back up or play down this one, I'm truly sickened. You can't call pro-Trump violence bad and anti-Trump violence good.

Oh, and finally, I want to touch on the use of "bigotry." As I'm sure you all know, bigotry is intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. Now let me pull a quote from President-elect Donald Trump's victory speech early Wednesday morning:

"Now it is time for America to bind the wounds of division, have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.
It is time. I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be President for all of Americans, and this is so important to me. For those who have chosen not to support me in the past, of which there were a few people, I'm reaching out to you for your guidance and your help so that we can work together and unify our great country."

I don't know about you, but this doesn't sound like a bigot to me. You know what sounds like bigotry to me? People blocking highways and roads with protests because they are intolerant toward the eventual President and his supporters for having differences of opinion. Be careful throwing around terms like that.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 10, 2016, 07:16:36 AM^THIS!!!! There's a reason that so many people with a shred of higher education support Clinton.

Also @TMP domestic terrorism exists. It refers to an act of terrorism against one's own country. An example is the Pulse club in Orlando that was the site of a mass shooting in June--perpetrated by an American, but any acts of domestic violence intended to have a terroristic effect qualify.

I never said domestic terrorism doesn't exist. I had just never heard of it applied to the positions of the Trump campaign.

One final thought. Currently, Clinton leads Trump by 301,002 votes in the popular vote (for some reason they STILL aren't done). If you remove California from the picture, Trump is ahead by 2,219,717 votes. So he won by a landslide in 98% of the country's votes. So California, if you're really serious about this secession thing, go right on ahead. No one (especially the Republicans) is going to stop you. However, I did some research and found that even if Californians were in favor of leaving the USA, they wouldn't be able to be fully independent until 2019. Maybe by then, Mr. Trump will change your opinion. Deep down, everyone in the country should want him to do well. Wishing for him to fail is like hoping that the pilot of a plane you are on crashes because he gave you a dirty look when you boarded. So while I would never attempt to stop you from leaving, I wish you would open your minds a little bit and give this guy a chance. We've had a Republican in office before. (I know, I know, Trump is not a typical Republican. But still, my point holds.)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

@TMP, it's called affirmative action, they do accept muslims african americans and asians over white people because social circumstances make those minorities less likely to be able to go to college is their reasoning
I don't think it's something to be proud of though "yes this state is 80% white but half of our campus is black"
unmotivated

Dude

Where was Hillary in that video saying she wanted them to beat that guy? I can't seem to find her.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Dude on November 10, 2016, 03:38:27 PMWhere was Hillary in that video saying she wanted them to beat that guy? I can't seem to find her.

Trump never actually told anyone to commit a violent act towards someone. He did sarcastically say it once, but he never actually wanted people to become violent.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on November 10, 2016, 03:49:55 PMTrump never actually told anyone to commit a violent act towards someone. He did sarcastically say it once, but he never actually wanted people to become violent.
Saying you'll pay for someone's legal fees if they assault someone isn't "sarcastic", it's encouraging violence.
what is shitpost

E. Gadd Industries

I'm finding something strange in society, and I want to understand what's going on. This is a legitimate question with the intention of getting honest answers. Also, the only reason I ask is because this seems to also be a political issue:

It seems as the more liberal group preaches and lives by tolerance, is this not so? And yet, I know a lot of liberals that, though they preach tolerance at everyone else, and they expect tolerance from everyone else, they don't return the favor. Why is this? Can any of you explain this to me? I'm wanting to know if there's a way to "equalize" things, as it's causing a great tension at school. Some of my friends of the liberal persuasion are beginning to turn on me with this same message, although I'd like to think I'm being tolerant to some degree or other.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

@ TMP Donald Trump's speech had very little to do with his actual campaign.

@ E. Gadd Industries extremists on both sides are bad and ignore common sense. A lot of republicans preach that they want what's best for America but also go against basic human decency. It goes both ways and both extremes are really stupid.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Hmmm... that's a bit troubling, but I guess people will be people :/
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]