News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Politics

Started by spitllama, September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on April 12, 2019, 07:31:50 AMA quote from Trump. President Obama separated the children, by the way, just so you understand. President Obama separated the children. Those cages that were shown -- I think they were very inappropriate. They were built by President Obama's administration, not by Trump. President Obama had child separation. Take a look. The press knows it, you know it, we all know it. I'm the one who changed that. I'll tell you something: once you don't have family separation, that's why you see many more people coming. They are coming like it's a picnic, like 'let's go to Disney Land.' President Obama separated children, I was the one who changed it.
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711446917/fact-check-trump-wrongly-states-obama-administration-had-child-separation-policy
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/more-family-separation-spin/
Took me under a minute to find multiple articles that fact checked that statement. You're using lies to make an argument. That's not political debate, that's literally misinformation and pushing a propagandic agenda.

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: PlayfulPiano on April 12, 2019, 08:09:42 AMhttps://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711446917/fact-check-trump-wrongly-states-obama-administration-had-child-separation-policy
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/more-family-separation-spin/
Took me under a minute to find multiple articles that fact checked that statement. You're using lies to make an argument. That's not political debate, that's literally misinformation and pushing a propagandic agenda.
lol, using biased fact checks. Anyway why are they here in the first place? If they are illegally here they shouldn't even be here. We have been catering to them giving them so many freebies. We have been catering to so many other countries and putting them first before our country. The media has to put a twist on everything it seems like.

PlayfulPiano

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on April 12, 2019, 09:04:27 AMlol, using biased fact checks. Anyway why are they here in the first place? If they are illegally here they shouldn't even be here. We have been catering to them giving them so many freebies. We have been catering to so many other countries and putting them first before our country. The media has to put a twist on everything it seems like.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/
-Left Center, Very High Factual Reporting

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/factcheck/
-Center, Very High Factual Reporting

They're not even extremely biased, if at all (since most biases occur within opinion pieces/editorials, NOT fact checks). They both are extremely credible sources and dismissing them is absurd. If you aren't going to even remotely be a fair player in political debate here by ignoring facts and truth when provided, then I'm going to return by completely ignoring you and your viewpoints.

And that second part of your statement was already covered in the 9+ links I shared in extensivity.

Splatoon Inkling

Well, you are a liberal, I am a conservative. We will never agree on everything and that's just the truth. Trump is gonna do as he wills, he's the president, your just someone who's sitting there in front of the computer ranting about everything you think he's doing wrong while he's a multi billionaire  who knows how business and Economy works. I'd like to see you complain when you get to that status.

FireArrow

@splatooninkling notice how youre the only one using words like liberal and conservative? Stop seeing every source that disagrees with you as biased and every disagreement a personal attack.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on April 12, 2019, 10:08:03 AMhe's a multi billionaire  who knows how business and Economy works.

Emm, if I'm not mistaken, there have been ... some controversies over his business management, if I'm not mistaken. Not like every billionaire is a douche bag, Bill Gates and even Jeff Bezos have received very little criticism (from what I've heard). But for Trump, there seem to have been some shady stuff going on.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on April 12, 2019, 10:08:03 AMWell, you are a liberal, I am a conservative. We will never agree on everything and that's just the truth. Trump is gonna do as he wills, he's the president, your just someone who's sitting there in front of the computer ranting about everything you think he's doing wrong while he's a multi billionaire  who knows how business and Economy works. I'd like to see you complain when you get to that status.
here's a little puzzle for you
you are a conservative and I am a conservative
why do we have differing viewpoints?
unmotivated

Sebastian

Ok, guys. Let's just try to relax. Yes, everyone has differing viewpoints and sources, but it is important to keep our statements kosher.

@Splatooninkling: Please avoid personal attacks/insults especially if you don't agree with them.

As for the sources, I understand inkling's hesitancy against them. It's practically impossible to not have bias in some form, even for the media bias fact checking website. I find it odd that a large amount of the conservative news sources are labeled as "extremely bias, propaganda, fake news" by the media bias fact checking website, yet a very small amount of liberal sites are labeled extreme. It seems to me that that website it biased toward liberalism, which makes me question it's opinion on the sources it's fact checking. Also, any Christian/religious source that I found on there was labeled as "extremely biased" or "propaganda." Mediabiasfactcheck is clearly discriminating against Christians and other religious groups, which makes me wrinkle my brow about what they say about news sources.

BlackDragonSlayer

Maybe it's because sources that purport to be Christian tend to express more extreme/biased viewpoints?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

Perhaps, but I'm sure they feel the same way about liberal sources. My point is that everyone is biased. It's impossible not to be.

Blinky

Quote from: Sebastian on April 13, 2019, 01:52:22 PMMy point is that everyone is biased. It's impossible not to be.

The true moral of the story here. ^

There is no such thing as unbiased journalism, and no person is completely unbiased.  And that's okay.  We have our biases for a reason and shedding them doesn't make you necessarily smarter.  Being a "centrist" is not more intelligent by default.

The best we can all do, for any given argument, is just to take into consideration all sources that come your way, and weigh them all together.  Often, the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

For such a small community here, the small glimpses I get into this politics thread are surprisingly aggressive.  I just don't see who the arguing is really going to benefit here.

FireArrow

Quote from: Blinky on April 13, 2019, 02:09:12 PMThere is no such thing as unbiased journalism, and no person is completely unbiased.

Not one is suggesting completely unbiased journalism exists. Notice how mediabiasfactcheck doesn't have an unbiased category? We're not saying use sources that have 0 bias - we're saying use sources that present factual information and try to present it with as little bias as possible.

There's no such thing as unbiased journalism but their is such thing as responsible research.

Quote from: Sebastian on April 13, 2019, 01:42:17 PMMediabiasfactcheck is clearly discriminating against Christians and other religious groups, which makes me wrinkle my brow about what they say about news sources.

No.

List of liberal sites it labels as very biased. The problem is your standard of "Christians" and "Conservatives" is yourself. Your opinions are more extreme than most Republicans and Christians. Of course its going to seem like bias checkers discriminate against you when you're on an extreme political end (right or left) and you see it as a moderate or average position. Trust me, I know plenty of people on the far left who throw hands up whenever they get fact checked because how dare you suggest their unprofessional echo chambers be anything but true - be better than them!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Splatoon Inkling

I'm sorry If I offended you playful, I do not want to try to make attacks on anyone. And yes we all have biases. There is no such thing as a person without bias, that would just be totally unrealistic. And yah, I'm an independent Baptist. You can't get much worse than that!  ;D

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on April 13, 2019, 02:19:26 PMList of liberal sites it labels as very biased. The problem is your standard of "Christians" and "Conservatives" is yourself. Your opinions are more extreme than most Republicans and Christians. Of course its going to seem like bias checkers discriminate against you when you're on an extreme political end (right or left) and you see it as a moderate or average position. Trust me, I know plenty of people on the far left who throw hands up whenever they get fact checked because how dare you suggest their unprofessional echo chambers be anything but true - be better than them!
Well, I wouldn't say I'm an extreme conservative, but I do get what you're saying. 

Splatoon Inkling

I guess I could call myself mote of an extreme conservative. Although how would you classify that? You just said seb that you don't think your an extreme conservative, but support the more extreme conservative things as well. I'm just confused as to how exactly you would classify that.