News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Bubbles Does Art!

Started by Bubbles, January 12, 2013, 04:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 16, 2013, 12:05:45 PMIf I ever get around to it, but I doubt it :P

Believe me, if you knew what I was doing right now you wouldnt want the Pichu. Omg Im so modest I need to finish this
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 12, 2013, 04:12:46 PMSo I thought its about time that I made one of these... Ill take requests for anything, Pokemon mostly :P
I expect it done eventually. I expect great things from you, Bubbles.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bubbles

Dammit, forgot about that :D Ok, eventually

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 16, 2013, 12:19:28 PMThis word brings nothing else but Pokemon to my mind.
Somewhat

Shadoninja

SlowPokemon

Anton looks fantastic, from what I've seen you're the best artist on the site, with Ruto of course.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Thanks, that actually means alot :D The only problem I have is I can't color them, which basically leaves them lifeless. I have both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (Im pretty sure the whole versions?) but all I know how to do it outline messily and color in an extremely inconvienent way. My cousin tried to show me photoshop but theres just so mucchhhh

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 16, 2013, 01:08:18 PMThanks, that actually means alot :D The only problem I have is I can't color them, which basically leaves them lifeless. I have both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (Im pretty sure the whole versions?) but all I know how to do it outline messily and color in an extremely inconvienent way. My cousin tried to show me photoshop but theres just so mucchhhh
Use layers and the multiply filter

Bubbles

Multiply filler....? I have a layer for outline, one for color, shading, and possibly background. But Thats literally all I know how to do. Sometimes if I outline something the line isn't as well formed as my drawing one. Also I dont know how to change the width of a line in the middle of it, like starting out thick and getting thin or vice versa. Its hard to google because theres so many things you need to do

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 16, 2013, 01:08:18 PMThanks, that actually means alot :D The only problem I have is I can't color them, which basically leaves them lifeless. I have both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (Im pretty sure the whole versions?) but all I know how to do it outline messily and color in an extremely inconvienent way. My cousin tried to show me photoshop but theres just so mucchhhh

How did you do the pika layton then?

Waddle Bro

Bubbles

The same way, but its really bad compared to the sketch. Not to mention I had to export it with low quality so it wasnt a gigantic file that I wouldnt be able to use for anything. If you look at its feet theyre literally ovals with the top cut off XD Those were really hard to outline. Its mainly just curves like that that bother me

SlowPokemon

I know how you drew it. I mean how did you color it if you can't color?

Bubbles

I can with Illustrator but only with solid colors. Basically I make a colored shape thats the same form as the outline and hide the rough corners under the outline. I have no idea how to use gradients or make a faded shade thing instead of a straight line

Bubbles

Here you go Shado!

I really dont like the colors on Emmy, but I couldnt change anything :/

A side note: Emmychu (I cant think of a better name) was added as a surprize for shado. Halfway through coloring it I realized he's never played a game with her in it, and probably has no idea who she is XD Oh well

SlowPokemon

That's legitimately the most adorable thing I've seen all day