What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

I guess this doesn't really count, but didn't warrant making a new topic.
So, how do I get the dotted-eighth, dotted-eighth, dotted-eighth, dotted-eighth, eighth, eighth with staccato marks?
Tying it for proper note barring takes away from the staccato effect.

MaestroUGC

You can just put a rest for the value of the tied note and put staccato marks on the first note.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

But it looks weird with a dotted 8th, 16th, 8th rest, quarter, 16th rest, dotted 8th.  :P That's why I asked.

MaestroUGC

It's a clipped note anyway, you can't have it both ways.

MaestroUGC

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 23, 2014, 04:56:57 PMI guess this doesn't really count, but didn't warrant making a new topic.
So, how do I get the dotted-eighth, dotted-eighth, dotted-eighth, dotted-eighth, eighth, eighth with staccato marks?
Tying it for proper note barring takes away from the staccato effect.

No it doesn't. Staccato has absolutely nothing to do with a note's length. It is a stylistic mark. If you want a shorter note, make the note vault smaller, otherwise, what you said would be correct. Just be sure to use proper rhythm groupings according to the time signature used.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

Um, actually, staccato can well and truly mean that the note should be played shorter, but traditionally, staccato has been treated as a stylistic mark in classicl music. But that just means the mark has more meanings, like a lot of other articulations also have.
Most people would say that staccato means that the note should be shortened, and I'd say that's what it means first and foremost today. But I'd also say that what you're saying isn't wrong.
Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Is this supposed to be in C major or C minor?
[MUS]

C major is the tonic chord, but it's obviously a c minor scale. wut
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Maelstrom

FireArrow

FierceDeity

Of course it does, it's your account, haha. You probably linked to the file as you would access it from your own dropbox; make sure you actually share it.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Maelstrom

Pretty sure that's C with a lot of accidentals