The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

^yeah, just for deleting. I see no problem with this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

This doesn't sound like something SMF or any other standard forum system could even do, but eh I've never really gone deep into the settings...

me irl
[close]

Dude

KefkaticFanatic

The best thing I can think of is not allowing users to delete their own post so they would be forced to just edit it to a blank post, and then adding some sort of edit history option.  However, why is this a thing that people really need/want again?  It is a silly concept.

me irl
[close]

Dude

That kinda defeats the whole purpose...

...but a post history thing would be kinda cool. I'm all for that.

MaestroUGC

Something like this seems really unnecessary, there's nothing wrong with the existing edit/delete functions for the forum. I'm not even sure why this would be a desirable feature to have.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Basically to keep posts on site so mods can actually take action to discipline people who make shitty posts instead of the person just deleting them so they don't look bad.

That's the gist of it.

Olimar12345

People deleting posts can suck at times though : / Reading through old topics doesn't make as much sense as it should at times.

Plus, I agree that if someone is going to go out of their way to post something, they had better have the balls to back it up. This whole cowardly "delete my post so I don't get in trouble for it" bs is pretty pathetic.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I suppose the only thing worth looking into in this regard is some sort of record of deleted posts that mods have access to, if only so we have a record of arguments and inflammatory posts.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

That I can go for.

I still think a post history option would be a great thing too, but one step at a time.

Sebastian

Quote from: Dude on June 30, 2015, 10:15:15 AMEDIT: Wait I never said they couldn't edit, just have a "Show previous edits" link.
I like it. It would very helpful in TWG too.
I could easily make it happen if I was Admin.....

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 30, 2015, 06:50:11 PMI like it. It would very helpful in TWG too.
I could easily make it happen if I was Admin.....
Do you actually know forum programing? Because this feature is not included in the package or any available mods. (to my knowledge)

Sebastian

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 30, 2015, 10:50:59 AMThe best thing I can think of is not allowing users to delete their own post so they would be forced to just edit it to a blank post, and then adding some sort of edit history option.  However, why is this a thing that people really need/want again?  It is a silly concept.
To me, it just adds a layer of inconvenience to things- for both the poster and the mods. The situations in which it would be helpful are so few and far between that I personally believe it would not be worth it, unless there was a major problem that you needed to be stringent about.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 30, 2015, 12:50:25 PMI suppose the only thing worth looking into in this regard is some sort of record of deleted posts that mods have access to, if only so we have a record of arguments and inflammatory posts.
This could be helpful, though.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Dude on June 30, 2015, 12:33:20 PMBasically to keep posts on site so mods can actually take action to discipline people who make shitty posts instead of the person just deleting them so they don't look bad.

That's the gist of it.

Report the post, I believe it shows the content at time of report in the admin thingy.

Or just quote it and PM.

me irl
[close]