News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

I agree! soo...fancy and eye-cathching. It make the "Cool people" look...frigid....
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Trainer Ave

I think that links to people's arrangement thread or similar things should be able to be implemented on a person's profile page.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

JDMEK5

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on April 13, 2016, 08:49:16 PMI think that links to people's arrangement thread or similar things should be able to be implemented on a person's profile page.
That's why people often put a link in their signature.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 13, 2016, 08:50:00 PMThat's why people often put a link in their signature.
Your link has been broken for quite a while now... :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on April 13, 2016, 09:09:54 PMYour link has been broken for quite a while now... :P
It is? Oh whoops. Forgot to update with the new domain name.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2016, 07:07:28 PMOn a completely different note... we have glowing text, we have moving text, but we don't have vibrating text. How difficult would it be to add vibrating text?
??? ??? ???
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on April 13, 2016, 08:49:16 PMI think that links to people's arrangement thread or similar things should be able to be implemented on a person's profile page.

At least an option to do so.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Bloop on April 15, 2016, 07:21:19 AMI think I'm going to alternate days being male or female on the forum.
Just because I can
Maybe we should add an "other" category to the gender selection? This way transgendered members have an option that actually fits them.

Bloop

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 15, 2016, 07:25:00 AMMaybe we should add an "other" category to the gender selection? This way transgendered members have an option that actually fits them.
oh yeah wait this is the topic to suggest this kind of stuff

Quote from: Bloop on April 14, 2016, 11:46:19 AMIs it actually possible to change that gender icon above my avatar to something that's both male and female (something like this or this)? It's not that I feel insecure about it being a blue arrow or something, I just thought it'd be a neat detail.

Altissimo

something i've seen that works well is not to actually have a selection at all, have a fill-in box

Bloop

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Bloop on April 15, 2016, 09:44:12 AMBut then you can't have a fun little symbol :c
Yeah! Bloop did provide an example of what It could look like so that wouldn't be a problem. Deku is the coding guy, right? I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for him to implement.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Altissimo on April 15, 2016, 09:42:12 AMsomething i've seen that works well is not to actually have a selection at all, have a fill-in box
Quote from: Bloop on April 15, 2016, 09:44:12 AMBut then you can't have a fun little symbol :c
I'm wondering if you could have something like this: you have the fill-in box option, but certain words would create equivalent icons. For example, if you type "Male" into the box, ♂ would appear on your profile. However, one negative of having a custom fill-in box is that someone could take advantage of the situation by typing something offensive or vulgar. I trust that most of the community would do no such thing; however, that is a risk that comes with customization. Perhaps just giving more than 2 options would suffice?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player