News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I liked frozen but I'm just really sore that it won an oscar instead of The Wind Rises which was 1000000000000x better
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

I finally watched frozen the other day on the bus to New York.

It was decent.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

Speaking of unpopular opinions though, Attack on Titan wasn't all that great. It was good but there are a LOT better anime out there and I don't think it deserved all its hype.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 02, 2014, 06:22:25 AMI liked frozen but I'm just really sore that it won an oscar instead of The Wind Rises which was 1000000000000x better
Actually most of the oscars judges just voted for Frozen because that's what everyone said they should vote for or something like that.  Most of them hadn't even like seen the movies.
unmotivated

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 02, 2014, 07:18:06 AMSpeaking of unpopular opinions though, Attack on Titan wasn't all that great. It was good but there are a LOT better anime out there and I don't think it deserved all its hype.
It always works like that. Jesus Christ, just look at the hype Sword Art Online got.
I don't really see how Attack on Titan got that crazy hype in the first place. Yes, it is good, but it's far from great, and it wasn't even among like the three best shows airing that season.
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Thing is about AoT is that it had a good enough start to get people hooked, but with how damn slowly the manga is progressing (and the horrible manga art), it's making a lot of people lose interest and whatnot. People think it's so intense and ~omg hardcore~ but pfftt sure, keep thinking that. Get back to me when you watch something that's actually intense.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

I've severely lost my interest in Attack on Titan. I hate it when a show changes major points to cater to the fans, and that's exactly what's happening. I don't mind selling questionable merchandise (since I understand that that makes a profit) but the creator of AoT said in an interview somewhere that he was planning on ending the story one way, but after seeing all the hype it was getting from it's fans he's changing the whole thing so people like it better.

Also I don't understand why the fans make a joke out of the series. Silliness once in a while is fine but I don't think anyone even cares about the plot anymore. My favorite part of the show was the drama and heartbreak, but going into school the next day to have "Eren can't get hard" jokes thrown at me nonstop ruins all the emotion

Quote from: Jompa on June 02, 2014, 08:20:08 AMYes, it is good, but it's far from great, and it wasn't even among like the three best shows airing that season.
What were the other good shows that season? I watched Free! and Danganronpa but neither were too outstanding (though they were enjoyable)

KefkaticFanatic

idk whats the point of people bashing on an anime though, I don't watch something and immediately go "well this isn't as good as x y or z so I'm just not going to like it anymore", I found that it was a very enjoyable season that wasn't weighed down by filler and kept a pretty solid pacing.

Also I guess maybe the american fans are shitty?  Close to all the people I personally knew that watched it were Chinese and were not dickweeds about things rofl, I was never even aware of such odd jokes.  The time I was into watching it was right about when the last episode came out though, so I guess it got the mainstream baddie popularity treatment.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on June 02, 2014, 10:04:05 AMThing is about AoT is that it had a good enough start to get people hooked, but with how damn slowly the manga is progressing (and the horrible manga art), it's making a lot of people lose interest and whatnot. People think it's so intense and ~omg hardcore~ but pfftt sure, keep thinking that. Get back to me when you watch something that's actually intense.

Haha you say terrible manga art as if the anime art was decent xD it bugged me so bad. I was not a fan of the animation for 90% of attack on titan.

Kefka, you say it had good pacing, and if by that you mean absolutely nothing happened from week to week, you are correct.

braix

AoT? Not enough death scenes.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bubbles

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 02, 2014, 02:51:43 PMidk whats the point of people bashing on an anime though, I don't watch something and immediately go "well this isn't as good as x y or z so I'm just not going to like it anymore", I found that it was a very enjoyable season that wasn't weighed down by filler and kept a pretty solid pacing.

Also I guess maybe the american fans are shitty?  Close to all the people I personally knew that watched it were Chinese and were not dickweeds about things rofl, I was never even aware of such odd jokes.  The time I was into watching it was right about when the last episode came out though, so I guess it got the mainstream baddie popularity treatment.
I loved the first season! I started watching it weekly at around episode 7 or so, so I think I was around for most of the anime's fanbase development. The animation and soundtrack were great, and put together created suspense and at some times even terror. I just don't think I can experience that again knowing how the show is turning out though. Apparently season two isn't coming out until next summer, so it's not like I'll be seeing anything new anytime soon anyway.

mikey

unmotivated

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Anime isn't a genre :P saying you don't like anime is like saying you don't like any television shows

SuperFireKirby

I think its more the equivalent of, "I don't like cartoons."

Anime definitely is a genre, though it's an extremely large and diverse one. I'm sure we could find this poor chap a show he would enjoy. I'd recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, as that is the show that completely shifted my opinion on anime.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!