News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

What notes are these?

Started by sunnydelight18, July 12, 2013, 03:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunnydelight18

(that doesn't appear to be working at the moment, here's a backup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uWcSPhWjis&list=PLF650BD422CB81F65&index=11)

At about 0:44, the harp/harp-like part. No matter how much I slow it down, I just can't get it.

I realize that it would be hard to recreate exactly on the piano, so I don't mind if it's not exact, I just need a basic idea.

FierceDeity

Hrm, I don't have anything (or know of anything I have access to) that can slow it down for me, but I'm almost certain that lick is based on an F# minor 7th chord arpeggio (F#, A, C#, E). It seems like it's going up for 4 or 5 notes in the arpeggio, then starting on the next chord tone, and doing the same thing again until it goes to A and C# for the last two notes, then back down to A. The lowest two notes I can hear are C# right above middle C and then F# above it (in that case it actually skips the 7th in the arpeggio). I'm kinda rambling, but I hope that helps. Let me know if you need me to reword that, I'm tired and I'm not sure if what I'm saying is making sense XD

Onionleaf

Just to confirm your suspicions FierceDeity, it does sound like you are correct.
These are the notes I managed to jot down while listening through several times, maybe it might help with the explanation:

Thankfully you didn't ask for the exact notes, so.. don't take my word for it. It's the fastest part of the whole piece, you can just make several arpeggios run up the piano keys using those four notes and no-one will notice the difference, lol.

sunnydelight18

That sounds pretty close to me. Thank you both!

Sebastian

I agree with onionleaf and feircedeity  :)

Cant wait to see the sheet sunnydelight!  :)