News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Games you always wanted but never had

Started by ALPRAS, August 26, 2013, 10:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

Well, it happened/happens to all of us. We played a freakin awesome game but never bought it for many possible reasons.
In this topic I would like you to share "the" game(s) you never had but want it so badly, the reasons, when have you played it, etc!

Me:

Banjo Kazooie.
When I was younger, I used to go to a supermarket named Makro with my dad, and in that market, only kids with the age of 12 or more could go in. I was about then, so nope.avi. But there was a place for kids where the parents could drop their kids and then pick them up in the end when their were finished. In that place there was a Nintendo 64 with that marvelous game that really looked like SM64, but with a bear in a colorful world. I never knew how to play the game, but the game was AWESOME, I really enjoyed killing those carrots and garlics! When my father was ready to pick me up, I almost started crying because I didn't wanted to stop playing. And whenever my father was going there again, I jumped for joy!
Also, that market had a Pizzeria (with terrible pizzas btw) which also had another N64 with Banjo Kazooie. Instead of eating, I just played, played and played.
Recently I bought a N64 and I'm negotiating a Banjo Kazooie game, so, my dream is about to be fulfille!
That market also had a Dreamcast with Sonic Adventure, which I also loved, but I have that game for PC, so, it doesn't count!

SlowPokemon

I'm going to derail a bit and defer to games that I never got, but always wanted to play.

For me, the biggest thing is the Pikmin series, but EarthBound is a close second.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ALPRAS

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 26, 2013, 10:42:14 AMI'm going to derail a bit and defer to games that I never got, but always wanted to play.

You didn't derail, after all, those games are games you always wanted but you never had :P

Yeah, I also wanted to get Pikmin too, also never played it...

FierceDeity

I think my biggest thing is that I never got to finish Skies of Arcadia. I had it on dreamcast, for which it was unnecessarily split into two discs (I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying dreamcast is probably one of the shittier consoles I've ever played haha), and the first disc was fine, but the second disc was unplayable, and to this day, I've been left wanting more.
I had a similar issue with Sonic Adventure 2, except for that, I just never got to play the final level because of some glitch.

Also, a couple games I've wanted to play are similar to Slow's, except I've played earthbound and pikmin 1, but never got around to playing the rest of each series (mother 1 and 3, pikmin 2 and 3)

Yugi

To me, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Shin Megumi Tensai: Persona 4

FierceDeity

Oh, yeah, and the entire metal gear solid series.

Sebastian

Super smash bros brawl. I always wanted that game for wii. i still dont have it though  :-\

ALPRAS

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 08, 2013, 06:07:53 AMSuper smash bros brawl. I always wanted that game for wii. i still dont have it though  :-\

Bought Super Smash bros melee: Broken

Bought Super Smash bros Brawl: Broken

Sebastian

ALPRAS

I didn't, they were already like that when I bought them (Melee in 2nd hand, Brawl new). Coincidentally, both have the same problem: Disk reading error while entering Story mode...

Dragonite

- Basically everything on the GameCube (Sunshine, Double Dash, a load of Zelda, third-party Harry Potter, etc.)
 - A number of earlier games for the GB/DS (first two Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Tales of the Abyss, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts )

Someday . . .

SunSo5

ALL of the AC (assassins creed) games, i never really wanted to drop 60-80$ on a game when the next one would come out so soon and i had better games to play almost always

Spoiler
I just couldn't be bothered
[close]
The amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the individual woodchuck. According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Dragonite on October 17, 2013, 07:42:22 AM- A number of earlier games for the GB/DS (Chrono Trigger)

They remade chrono trigger for DS? I did not know this.
...still, go SNES or PS1 or go home *dons his 90s kids apparel and skates off into the distance yelling cowabunga*

Yugi

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 30, 2013, 10:44:56 PMThey remade chrono trigger for DS? I did not know this.
...still, go SNES or PS1 or go home *dons his 90s kids apparel and skates off into the distance yelling cowabunga*
but

ds version has animes

fabbemannen

hmm...I played a lot of the demo for Team Buddies on the PS1 with my brother, but we could never actually find the game.
Found out a couple of years ago that it's one of the rarest PS1-games ever (which is a shame, 'cause it's one of the funniest games I've played)

And btw, the DS version of Chrono Trigger is great!