News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Jegilmer's Arrangements: New Paper Mario: TTYD!

Started by jegilmer, August 26, 2013, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Besides formatting issues, wrong key signature. It's in C major--the F-sharp notes throughout are not diatonic.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

jegilmer

Oh yeah, I should've mentioned that I only have Finale notepad. I do everything in Sibelius then export Music XML, so the formatting is always off.

And okay, I agree with you about the F#s being non diatonic. Sounds like the piece starts off in the Lydian mode.

Also, sorry about the repeated accidentals, that is another side effect of importing XML into finale. Thanks for the feedback though! :D

jegilmer

After procrastinating for over a year and not working on this arrangement, I have finally finished it! Sorry Mariolegofan for taking forever! This is a great piece though, it's really relaxing and fits the level perfectly.

I'm sorry about the incorrect formatting, but I use MusicXML from Sibelius!

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Boggly Woods
PDF | .MUS | MIDI

jegilmer

Oh and on a side note, I went ahead and put the key signature for E minor because the piece sounds like its tonic is E, even though it might be in E Phrygian or something.

I had to move around some of the harmony voices in the 2nd half of the piece in order for the right hand to play them.

Also, I am going to add pedal markings to get rid of some of the ties, but I'd like to get some feedback first!

Sebastian

Awesome! I will get to reviewing this when I can :)
I recommend submitting it in the meantime.

Sebastian

Sebastian

You should submit it! Do you need anything like a pdf or midi?

jegilmer

I think I'm good! I just submitted it, but if you want to check out the files I posted just to make sure that they're good, then you're more than welcome to! Thanks for the help! :)

Sebastian