News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project II!

Started by MaestroUGC, September 18, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I just think there needs to be a good balance between new songs and standards. Imo, it would work better with less standards.

I would suggest that we cut these:

Super Mario Bros.
-Underworld
-Underwater

and mebe add this:

Super Princess Peach
-Gleam Glacier 1

Incorporating the texture/tempo changes that occur in game when you change your emotions would be neat.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pit0010

Haha yeah Gleam Clacier 1 sounds pretty good (y)

Wow I haven't actually heard Super Princess Peach's soundtrack in AGESSSSSXD So Nostalgic :P   
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

MasterProX

Another track from Super Princess Peach I thought was good was Fury Volcano, Act 1.

(I'm just throwing my thoughts around now, and haven't really decided on two tracks I really want added to this. Excuse me while I continue to make random posts seconding other people's choices...)

Pit0010

I think MaestroUGC wouldn't mind if we give him multiple suggestions so that he will have a variety of pieces that he can try see if it works or not ^^
AUSSI

MaestroUGC

Alright, after giving it some thought, I have figured out how this will be organized.

For Full orchestra and [X] Pianos
A Multi-Movement Mario Masterpiece

I - The Sound of Adventure - Music mostly from the main series, primarily the main themes
II - Move, Think, Fight! - Music from the RPGs
III - A Tale of two Bros. - Music primarily from the spinoffs
IV - On your mark - Mario Kart, Mario Party, multi-player games, plus other racing/competitive themes from various games
V - Bowser's Castle - Castle (final-level) themes and final boss music

This is by no means a final representation, and I encourage more clever titles for the movements.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Pit0010

WOW THAT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD! Nicely planned out there ;)
AUSSI

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 29, 2013, 10:27:54 PMAlright, after giving it some thought, I have figured out how this will be organized.

For Full orchestra and [X] Pianos
A Multi-Movement Mario Masterpiece

I - The Sound of Adventure - Music mostly from the main series, primarily the main themes
IV - On your mark - Mario Kart, Mario Party, multi-player games, plus other racing/competitive themes from various games

This is by no means a final representation, and I encourage more clever titles for the movements.

We need to have some sort of arrangement of Bowser's Theme from Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team: there's an arrangement in both, and there's a faster arrangement called "The Giant" that's used in Bowser's Inside Story.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

There'll be Zelda music, right?

And not just the main theme, good ones too like Tal Tal Heights?
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 30, 2013, 06:09:13 AMThere'll be Zelda music, right?

And not just the main theme, good ones too like Tal Tal Heights?

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 29, 2013, 10:27:54 PMA Multi-Movement Mario Masterpiece

sure there'll be zelda

JDMEK5

There's one definite one you missed on that list of songs. My point is, this isn't a suggestion. You actually forgot this one cuz there's no way I can see anyone just not putting it on.

It doesn't necessarily need to be that one; could be a different version such as that heard in NSMBW.

Quote from: FierceDeity on September 29, 2013, 11:20:04 AMDelfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine.
I'm going with that as a secondary suggestion.

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MasterProX

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 30, 2013, 06:09:13 AMThere'll be Zelda music, right?

If by Zelda you mean Mario, then yes, there will be lots of Zelda. Entirely Zelda, actually.

Quote from: FierceDeity on September 29, 2013, 11:20:04 AMDelfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine.

Personally I think Ricco Harbor (an arrangement of Delfino Plaza) is better.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 29, 2013, 10:27:54 PMI - The Sound of Adventure - Music mostly from the main series, primarily the main themes

Sounds good to me.

MaestroUGC

We're going to Zelda so hard, your Zelda will start spinning from all the Zelda that'll be Zelda-ing from your Zelda gland.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

Pit0010

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 30, 2013, 09:24:44 PMThere's one definite one you missed on that list of songs. My point is, this isn't a suggestion. You actually forgot this one cuz there's no way I can see anyone just not putting it on.

YES YES YES THAT IS A VERY GOOD ONE
AUSSI