News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Difficulty setting

Started by atheneangel, September 24, 2013, 02:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 24, 2015, 02:29:10 PMPoint #1: Let's say that I don't think enough people need difficulty settings to make it worth your while
I mean.......that I could just rate some of the songs on the site and post it in the forums somewhere.
But whatever :p

Olimar12345

This thread is hanging on by a thread.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Yugi

Dude

Jub3r7

Why is Pollyana (Earthbound series) rated max difficulty?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

That means it's popular not difficult

Jub3r7

THIS MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE OMG
I'M GOING TO DELETE BOTH THESE POSTS TO SAVE FACE
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Don't delete it, let the discussion stay archived or something XD
what is shitpost

cashwarrior1

(I didn't read any other thing in this post)
 I think that a good difficulty system would be to put three different difficulties: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. People who make arrangements might see a song that is too easy in their opinion, instead of making a replacement to make it harder, they would just make a harder arrangement and we would keep both. Easy songs could possibly be made harder, but harder songs might stay a hard song. Keep in mind this is just what I think you should do, but it might not work that well...

FierceDeity

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 10, 2015, 05:35:46 PM(I didn't read any other thing in this post)

(not to be rude, but you probably should)

Maelstrom

No. The majority of songs that need a different replacement are so terrible they should not stay on the site. And this would kind of go against the site's motive for having a definitive sheet for each song, rather than two. (Although there are some exceptions)

FierceDeity

I mean, I'm not against having multiple sheets of differing difficulty for the same piece, but that doesn't mean we need to implement a rating system for it. If there are two sheets that accurately depict the original while maintaining different levels of difficulty then I'd think that should be fine.

JDMEK5

We had a thing like this sorta with Maestro's virtuoso arrangements. It's possible.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

InsigTurtle

Do you mean something like what this guy does?