News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest 4 - Brainstorming Topic

Started by MaestroUGC, October 02, 2013, 01:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Yes, no?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

A tentative yes, but if the rules are stupid or boring I won't take part.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

It should be like the other ones, you'll just have to rework a piece into a new style or something of the sort.

We'll also have a much clearer guidelines for judging and such.

Sebastian

JDMEK5

I'm listening... Wait, number 4? We've done this before?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

InsigTurtle

I'd be interested, but I'd like to know the rules of the contest a bit more first.
YOU KNOW THE RULES, AND SO DO I~♫

FireArrow

I think we should finish the composition competition first. :/
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Wow, I'm surprised how many people don't know what this is xD

I'd totally be down for this again, but it'd probably mean putting the musical showdown and community orchestra on hold.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 02, 2013, 01:27:45 PMA tentative yes, but if the rules are stupid or boring I won't take part.

You should remember how things were, slow. For everyone else, check the last few pages in this forum and review number 2 as an example(as it was the most successful one)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

This contest and the Community Orchestra are not mutually exclusive, as the latter is pretty much all on me and I have loads of creative energy to balance 16 projects at once.

Well, I think Olimar and I will be spear-heading this so we'll come up with the rules and grading rubric we will be using. We'll also be looking for judges and such.

JDMEK5

Oh wow. This involves the whole orchestration bit. I'm totes in!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

MaestroUGC

I was reading the old brainstorming thread for this and I saw the idea of pairing up people to make an arrangement was thrown out there. I think this would be a great opportunity to teach some less experienced people about arranging and orchestrating without fear of being pitted aginst people who have much more experience and training.

i.e. We pair up an acknowledged, experienced arranger here with someone who new to this world or who lacks training and have them provide an entry for this contest. This could be optional for contestants, but this would mean that we'd need more experienced people than less playing, however.

That being said start brainstorming ideas for this, if you want to play. Let's try to get creative with this one, guys.

Past contests:
1) Invert the Mood
2) Waltz-ify
3) Going Solo

We'll create the juging rubrics based on what the contest ends up being, but for the most part things like Orchestration and Preservation will mostly be the same from previous contests, as those really are the only constants we can have in these contests.

I want to aim having this all ready to go by Thanksgiving and having the actual contests over Winter Break.

JDMEK5

How about we sad-ify something? Take something generally not sad and sadify it.

My Arrangements

dahans

As a former winner of this contest, I will definitely take part again :D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

FireArrow

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 06, 2013, 03:35:30 PMHow about we sad-ify something? Take something generally not sad and sadify it.

Ooh, that actually sounds like a really awesome idea!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department