Arrangement Contest 4 - Brainstorming Topic

Started by MaestroUGC, October 02, 2013, 01:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 06, 2013, 11:18:46 PMFor example, you can't make a Mario overworld into a Pokémon route theme. There's too much variety in the Pokémon routes.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 06, 2013, 11:21:32 PMI bet if you tried hard enough you could. I could hear it!
Maybe a route that sounds like a Zelda theme.. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FireArrow

arrange it into a fugue

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 06, 2013, 11:11:54 PMThat seems like it'd be more subjective than we can judge.

I don't know, some games have a handful of songs that follow the exact same form, so if we cut out the outliers we may be able to make it much less of a subjective opinion.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjg751mFozI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-sVQlCoDI
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

insaneintherain

...Bump. I like this idea. Sadification!

Olimar12345

Bomp. Anyone interested in trying this again? Rereading through the other contests reminded me how fun it was :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Maybe. Is it more of an arrangement, or a remix?

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Interested. As long as we don't do for a solo instrument this time -_-
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 13, 2014, 11:27:42 AMInterested. As long as we don't do for a solo instrument this time -_-

I doubt we'll reuse a previous theme, not to mention that you didn't even partake in the solo contest...

As for the theme of this one, sadification seemed to be the way we were going. What does everyone think? Would this be a "go," or shall be brainstorm some more?

FireArrow

Sadification actually sounds fun, if not a bit too methodical (slow down the tempo, put it in a minor key.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

^ That was what I had originally thought. But alas, no other ideas have come yet.

MaestroUGC

I would argue that it takes more than a minor key to make a work "sad", but it's all subjective.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.