Arrangement Contest 4 - Brainstorming Topic

Started by MaestroUGC, October 02, 2013, 01:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Idea: why don't we take he sadification idea, but make it spooky/scary instead? Halloween is coming up, and we could probably procrastinate long enough to have this happen around then.

Thoughts?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 14, 2014, 04:49:24 PMIdea: why don't we take he sadification idea, but make it spooky/scary instead? Halloween is coming up, and we could probably procrastinate long enough to have this happen around then.

Thoughts?

Procrastinate? I say we start as soon as possible and announce the results on Halloween. It's ambitious but it probably could be done.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

^thqt would be cool. We would need people to respond quickly with interest to get this going. Post weather you'd like to participate or be a judguror!

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

I might be in! Just...what exactly qualifies as a creepy song? I get the point of arranging, but if I made a song menacing, would that count? And, if I wanted to, could it just be a piano song?

Olimar12345

Basically you take a tune from a video game and arrange it for a different ensemble, as well as fit the theme. A good rule of thumb would be to not use songs that are already creepy of from scary parts if games. Go back several pages and read through the first three contests for examples.

Maelstrom

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 14, 2014, 04:49:24 PMIdea: why don't we take he sadification idea, but make it spooky/scary instead? Halloween is coming up, and we could probably procrastinate long enough to have this happen around then.

Thoughts?

I like that better, much more difficult.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 14, 2014, 01:15:12 PMI would argue that it takes more than a minor key to make a work "sad", but it's all subjective.

You forgot the slowing down the tempo part, which combined with a minor key should do the trick for most pieces.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

Regardless of what the contest itself is I'll be entering.

I'm tired of seeing these things come and go but not be able to really get involved in playing.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Glad to see interest. Since cobraroll isn't around to host his time around, I wouldn't mind doing the honors. Plus I have some scooper prizes in mind :J

Olimar12345

Double post, I'll make a sign up topic with more info tomorrow. Spread the word!

SlowPokemon

I'd like to join as a participant, but if we don't have enough judgurors I would do that too.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Are we going to go with Spookification then?

Olimar12345

^ It would seem so. How do you guys feel about doing it blind again? idc if it's blind or not. Opinions?

MaestroUGC

Well, last time we went blind it didn't matter because we figured out 3 of the 5 entries anyway.