oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

what music symbol is this and how those it work with the notes

Started by COLUMNS, October 14, 2013, 12:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COLUMNS

the line between A note  on bass and the g clef  the G#

Ricky

If I'm not mistaken that basically means the left hand should play the notes the line points to. Basically, you play the A, G#, A, E, C#, A, G notes part with the left hand. The right hand plays the major 6th dyad (E & C#) and later the A, G# notes.

Sebastian

Clanker37

Quote from: Ricky on October 14, 2013, 02:06:21 AMIf I'm not mistaken that basically means the left hand should play the notes the line points to. Basically, you play the A, G#, A, E, C#, A, G notes part with the left hand. The right hand plays the major 6th dyad (E & C#) and later the A, G# notes.
This is it. You can always tell by the bass line not having a rest or where the beam connects all the quavers together.
Quote from: mariolegofan on October 14, 2013, 08:07:45 AMor it means slide from a to g#
Erhm... No

That would be a squiggly line or a straight line with 'gliss.' or 'glissando' written near it.

Sebastian

maybe, but there is a symbol exactly like that on finale that doesnt say gliss or anything and it is not squiggly

Olimar12345

It is true that a straight line between two pitches can sometimes mean to slide or gliss between the two notes, but this is not the case. What Ricky said was correct and is seen more frequently in piano literature.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

I thought it indicated that the R.H. was taking over the voice in the L.H., oh all the piano pieces I've played incorrectly. >_>
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

COLUMNS

so is basically like  a bridge between the bass and g clef and saying left hand plays a note  then you use  the bridge and move to  the g clef and play the g# note and continue to the rest of note but  i just don't  know how far should i  go when you jump from the bass to the g clef like for example do i play  the g#  and continue until the next bar line  or is there a limit

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.